- Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:14 pm #15858757
- Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:24 am #16113006
It's grossly incandescent, just like our fellow Sunbro Solaire.
- Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:35 pm #15859888
Hi, i got a challenge run (with the Dark Souls Challenge Run Generator) with "no consumable" but without "no healing", my question is i can heal only with the estus? or "no consumable" mean's "no healing"? thx in advice
- Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:13 pm #15873139
I would say the Estus is a consumable. The 'no healing' applies to Bonfire rests, Sever (weapon), the Ring of Evil Eye, and Healing Miracles otherwise, so use those if in need of healing. I'm no expert, but that's how I would interpret it.
- Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:01 pm #15996624
I hate how slow the Estus use. In the boss fights where I need it, it's just fast enough, after I get up, to sometimes let me heal before getting struck again. The Manus fight in particular really makes this annoyance paramount.
- Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:39 am #16003715
Oh god, if you think it's slow in this game, please try dark souls 2 (without leveling up adaptability). You move slower than a one armed sloth.
- Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:26 am #16051094
You have to dodge an attack most of the times to heal, Can't just pop a cold one and be done with it.
- Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:36 am #16153839
And that's why I cheesed Manus with Arrows from outside of the area
- Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:27 pm #16202962
Never had an issue with chug speed in this game. I think it's just you.
- Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:14 am #16257011
you gotta chug after the enemy does an attack, this isn't ds3 or bloodborne
- Mon May 28, 2018 3:31 pm #16037933
Sooooo going from 3 to remastered is a HUGE learning curve...in 3 I can get away from a hit as soon as I use an estus...in this game not so much
- Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:08 pm #16081894
DS1 is a very old, very slow game, and the Remaster did nothing to fix that. Every single challenge in DS1 isn't about personal skill or twitch-based speed and reaction times; it's ALL about learning the timing of every single move in the game, and memorizing every single ridiculous ambush/trap in the game's map of cramped hallways and narrow paths.
- Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:48 pm #16179096
Then you have Dark Souls 2, Slow animation, slow healing, huge opening xD
- Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:13 am #16257010
dark souls is its own game that's more about tactics and prediction than twitch reflexes. Ds3 is more bloodborne than dark souls.
- Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:07 pm #16067360
Ok so if you get all 7 fire keeper souls can you actually have your flask at +7 in regular new game or is +6 the max?
- Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:04 am #16109811
Why +7?? Why not +10?? I just went through a lot of trouble to get a couple fire keeper souls only to find out my flasks were maxed out
- Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:05 pm #16139189
Yeah, I decided not to bother killing the Firekeepers before going into NG+ once I found out the cap was +7
- Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:24 pm #16303481
Probably some game design choice. There are exactly 7 firekeeper souls in the game, but because you need a firekeeper to upgrade your flask you will never be able to max it out on your first playthrough. Maybe it was planned to be upgraded by using the soul.
- Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:20 am #16139612
There's a typo that says "Quelagg" instead of "Quelaag", which leads you to a non-existant page when you click it. Could anyone edit that?