Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

For those having trouble with this boss I put down summon signs all the time use password “fextra” for a better chance of seeing me. My name is Swift Sean.
Sl lvl? Also Doing PvP?
Might need to contact you @ swanman777
Fun if you fight ornstein first but *** if you fight smough first. Super ornstein is less fun to fight and smough is less fun to fight in phase 1 as is he gets so many i frames from jumping,(Seriously, that annoys me so much),and also cuz he takes up like 90% of your screen. Doesn't help that ornstein can hit you through smough either.
I actually like Super Ornstein more tbh.
I made a conscious effort to kill Smough first because it was the easiest with the method I was using (locking onto Ornstein then bating him in between us to attack him) and I also wanted Ornsteins's stuff
Stating the obvious but if you are allowing yourself to be summoned you need to follow the lead of the one you are helping. I just did a summons and also got Solaire - I went after the fat guy but Solaire and the other guy went after and killed Ornstein first. I want the Dragonslayer Spear so I exited and will try later.
sit down nerd
So. The leo ring only drops if your around for it. I (or rather, my summon) just killed Ornstein, after Smough, and died just before he did. I got his soul, but not the souls, or the ring. I have to wait till new game plus 2 in order to get it now. So, just be careful of that AoE attack he uses. It packs a wallop.
Yeah, this is also true for the Stray Demon and the slab he drops.
I beat them on my first ever attempt!!!!
HOW
You need a weapon that deals massive damage like the Black Knight Greatsword when it's upgraded to +3 or +4. But you will need about 23 strength to two-hand it, or 32 strength to use it one-handed. A Black Knight Greatsword +5 with a 32 strength character can do almost 600 physical damage.
I didn't use those. I beat them with a +5 raw reinforced club. didn't have any help or guides. I was almost completely blind but still managed to beat them. It was very *****ing close too, thank god the shaft on super smough's hammer doesn't share a massive hitbox with the head
I actually like Ornstein's cutscene more and I tend to kill Smough first.

vannhausen

Souls: 65.00
Wiki Edits: 3
If you summon Solaire and you intent to kill Smough first, know that Solaire will usually take care of the boss you're not actually fighting. So if you're fighting Smough, Solaire will go after Ornstein. And you have to be real quick getting rid of him, because Solaire is extremely efficient and capable to kill Ornstein alone.
This is true. However, if you let Solaire fight Smough he will get absolutely destroyed, for some reason.
am i the only one that though they one one of the easiest fights in dark souls?
In a way they are. No ledges to fall off. :D
by yourself it is the hardest boss. maybe you would know if you stopped getting other people to kill them for u.
zweihander stunlocks 4 dayz
ACTIVATE PHASE ONE
Looking for help, I can’t pass these guys for the life of me. My gamer tag is Hexbraveheart on the Xbox one but I’m playing the 360 version
Juggal0 Sc00by gt messege me if you still need help it said your gammer tag didt exist