Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki
By Anonymous
Gonna get raito’d but the first half is padded to all hell, just tedious bs, small beams, ranged and aggressive enemies with a **** camera angle meant to kill you. It’s pretty tho
By Anonymous
FYI, Aural Decoy trivializes the archers. You just have to time the first casting so you won't get hit and then the right archer should jump off the edge.
By Anonymous
Why is it called Anor Londo, not Lordran? Is It because their...Lords ran?
By Anonymous
If I remember correctly Anor means "light" in Tolkien's elfic
By Anonymous
Two handing the shield just didn’t work for me against the archers. Been using the Black Iron Greatshield and according to the guide the deflection should have pushed him off but… nope. Found myself losing ground and backing up more and more until eventually the other archer was able to shoot at me again and got me in the back. Enormous pain in the ***.
By Anonymous
I'M OVERJOYED BEYOND BELIEF TO SEE THIS FUUCKING PLACE ALL RUINED AND DETERIORATING IN DARK SOULS 3 BY ALDRICH AND SULYVAHN!!
FUUCK THOSE SILVER KNIGHTS, ESPECIALLY THOSE ARCHERS, FUUCK THE BAT DEMONS, FUUCK THOSE SENTINELS
FUUCK THAT CHANDELIER SECTION
FUUCK ORNSTEIN
GWYNDOLIN DESERVED TO BE DEVOURED BY ALDRICH AS WELL AS SMOUGH
PRAISE ALDRICH OUR GOD AND SAVIOR
PRAISE OUR LORD SULYVAHN
PRAISE THE ABYSS
BWAHAHAHAHA!!

By Anonymous
DS3 Anor Londo is better in pretty much everything than DS1 Anor Londo. DS1 Londo's cutscene is pure delusion of grandeur, as it tries to give the player the impression it is a majestic city, only to be mostly empty rooms and halways full of nothing. DS3 Londo has a grim atmosphere from the start, and peaks with the fight against Aldrich, who is using the half eaten body of Dark Sun Gwyndolin against the player. Gameplay wise DS3 Londo is not annoying to go through (looking at you, DS1 archers), as oposed to the test of patience that is the DS1 iteration of this area. Ornstein and Smough fight is the only saving grace of DS1 Londo, as it is an amazing boss fight and a rare ocasion of a gank fight done right. Even if I personally prefer Aldrich's fight due to the atmosphere, Ornstein and Smough is probrably the most iconic fight in the franchise, it's a shame that they are placed at the end of such an annoying and disapointing area, they for sure deserved better.
By Anonymous
You're right in every way. But I will say that DS1 is a pure delusion of grandeur on purpose as the whole thing is an illusion anyway. It is just a dead and empty city under the surface.
By SemiZeul21
This....This masterpiece of a majestic and legend city is so ****ing annoying I got to hate it more than Blighttown. It's so empty and maze-like. I just think that besides the landscape in the intro cutscene, this town is ugly. Cliche dream castles and churches and all that crap. I mean I understand that Anor Londo is supposed to look fabulous with all those gigantic and fantasy-looking buildings, but they all look the same for god's sake. The first part of Anor Londo (until the Silver Archers) is such a pain to walk through. And the oversized ******* skinny *** bat demons or what the hell they are called. I think I died to these ****ers more times than I died to the archers. And after you pass that, you will be rewarded with a giant spiral staircase that you will lose yourself onto....... and a ****ing Prowling Demon hiding in a room?! What the **** is this *******??? ON THE OTHER HAND, the boss fight? *Chef's kiss*. That's the only PRO this location has. In my humble opinion, of course.
By Anonymous
I left my wallet, in Anor Londo. I gotta get it I've got gots to get it.
By nomadism
Anor Londo is spelled using all the letters in Lordran
By Anonymous
But you're left with n, o, o.
By Anonymous
So, I first fell in love with Soulsborne a long time ago. This was my first game. I struggled SO much in Anor Londo. I died dozens and dozens...and dozens of times. Probably 200 or more. The Silver Knights would just wreck me every time. I would attempt parrying them, but don't think I got it once. The infamous archer run seemed truly impossible and it must have taken me well over an hour to get past. Since then, I've put somewhere over 1500+ hours into the series, platinum'd all but DS1 and Sekiro, working on no hit runs, etc. But I never returned to the first one until now. On this run, I blazed through. Parried and backstabed the Silver Knights with ease. I got through the archers on my first try without any issues at all. It felt really great to think back to the first time I was here and struggled so much. It's just a video game I know, but it's really cool to see and feel the result of many, many hours of practice. What was once mind numbingly difficult, is now second nature. I just think it's a great example of how this series can translate to real life and the actually important things in it. Don't give up. Even if it seems impossible, keep pushing and you will make it.