Comments made to our Visit the Witcher 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I can do the Aard bubble but it's not equipped in my slots
Depends on how you build your mutagens and play, I'mhalf red, half blue, quen focus
You still get the abilities you don't have equipped but they don't grant you a modifier if you don't have them in your skill set. For example: you have only 3 slots at a certain level and you have 4 abilities in sign. 3 abilities you equip with a blue mutagen witch grants a "set" bonus. The 4th ability doesn't get that bonus. But that's just my thought on it.
Yeah I noticed I have several skills that already have that border around them, I've not got points in these yet tho so I'm not sure If im getting their bonus or not
I'm having trouble figuring out HOW to equip new abilities into my skill tree. HELP!
I'm going Signs/Griffin. I have griffin technique above. This gives 5% of sign intensity to each med armour, only if worn. I have a full set of griffin armour which also adds 5% per item. I'm up to 97% additional intensity, but the two griffin swords don't seem to add their 5% bonus on. I'm maxed at 97% whether I equip them or drop them even. why aren't they adding their bonus?
The combat alchemy build is the best
It gives you increased potion duration increased health and helps you gain adrenaline points in one of the talents, this coupled with the superior blizzard patio makes it easy to get adrenaline points and once you have three adrenaline points NO STAMINA WILL BE USED during the duration of superior blizzard and using one of the skills in alchemy the potion effect won't wear off until your toxicity drops.you can cast signs over and over. It is an amazing build.
Is it better to have points all in one category or spread out
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 387,094.49
Bank: 9,326.71
Wiki Edits: 33078
Those are bugs - the game should not have passive skills so it's a "fortunate" glitch
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
I was thinking the first row that you start upgrading are automatically passive bonuses. I'm probably wrong though as i'm 69 hours in and JUST figured out how this stuff works. Wtf me. And messing around I noticed abilities equipped to mutagen slots don't turn their color, they get a small gold border around them.
The combat alchemy build is the best
It gives you increased potion duration increased health and helps you gain adrenaline points in one of the talents, this coupled with the superior blizzard patio makes it easy to get adrenaline points and once you have three adrenaline points NO STAMINA WILL BE USED during the duration of superior blizzard and using one of the skills in alchemy the potion effect won't wear off until your toxicity drops.you can cast signs over and over. It is an amazing build.
the sword bonus only applies when the sword is in your hand.
I'm going Signs/Griffin. I have griffin technique above. This gives 5% of sign intensity to each med armour, only if worn. I have a full set of griffin armour which also adds 5% per item. I'm up to 97% additional intensity, but the two griffin swords don't seem to add their 5% bonus on. I'm maxed at 97% whether I equip them or drop them even. why aren't they adding their bonus?
I chose the general skill tree and now i can`t choose another tree.. I`ve spent 10 points in general, but it won`t let me put any points on signs or alchemy for instance. What am I not getting here?
Since the wikis for Witcher 3 are not as good as they should be and even though a game is out for a year now there is still a lack of some basic information and statistics on the game so I tried to figure out how many ability (skill) point a player can receive in total. As far as I know this is the most accurate information I gather form multiple decent rouses even though some had different opinions/statements. There may or may not be a level cap and if there isn't I wonder when you stop gaining buffs so you dom't become too powerful. You stop getting ability point by level when you reach level 70 (69 point). There are 25 places of power (25 points). Although I've read somewhere that DLCs will increase the amount of ability point, the HoS added five new abilities instead, which is in my opinion better since you can only have 12 active. B&W may increase the amount of abilities, amount of ability point or hopefully although now likely an amount of active ability slots. So the maximum amount of ability points is 94????? I would love is someone would share all the correct official information.
With new game+ u can have infinite ability points, just grin the game .
Difficulty in Skyrim? You mean pressing your face against the enemy, hitting him and occasionally pausing to heal up to full HP?

Yeah ***** was tight..

Funny how you never played the high difficulty modes and talk smack like that.
Scrub.
its a shame you cannot have as many perks active as you want, its the one thing Skyrim did that was great, with the witches i feel constantly limited to what i can do, or how powerful i can be. Sure i get that limiting power can make the game more challenging but Skyrim still managed to be challenging even when most of your perk trees where complete
Difficulty in Skyrim? You mean pressing your face against the enemy, hitting him and occasionally pausing to heal up to full HP?

Yeah ***** was tight.
Lol!
Lol!
Late reply, but here it goes...

I started palying the Witcher 3 yesterday.

This skill system requires you to use your brain.

Think of it as a load out system according to the boss and you'll be fine.

Compare this with Skyrim and well, my coconut has an higher IQ than you...

Totally different systems.

With the Witcher, you won't be stealth killing anyone after 2/3 hours of gameplay with a crossbow or dagger... You'll be lucky to be level 4 by that time...
what about the next level. isn't it supposed to be an upgrad of the previous? Where you can defend against arrows in next level you loose the ability?
little helpful
Under Character is shows 2 points available....how do I get tghem into an open box?