Comments made to our Salt & Sanctuary Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I've noticed that when i parry a blow with the haymaker (or maybe reapers in general) that no matter what it doesn't kill, so is this a bug?
I've noticed the same thing, you can parry, but when you go for the attack it doesn't kill nevertheless making more damage than the enemy's life itself.
Some weapons simply can't parry like the whips. Unfortunately reapers can stun but NOT parry
I was battling some enemies once with the red eclipse and suddenly I did a spin attack. I was surprised because I had never done this before. I heard that you can perform it by pressing 'square' 'square' 'triangle' but that just does an attack similar to the first 'square'. Does anyone know how do it?
'square' 'up + square' or 'square' 'square' 'square' 'up+square'
Ok, this last comment sound like a Squirtle.
What exactly doe "extra blades" mean?
Physical damage has either the properties of blunt or sharp, as you can imagine blunt is like hammers while sharp is like spears. Some enemies are weak to blunt some enemies are weak to sharp. Extra blades i am assuming your talking about the purifier does increased sharp damage while the ladle does increased blunt damage.
Isn't the spin attack Square, up Square?
That does it for me.
Spamming square (light attack) while holding up makes a spin move.
When parrying, you can't properly counterattack, it seems. And the aerial combo doesn't lock the ennemy in air, like with the sword. The saltreaver also doesn't scale on dex, which is kinda strange (since you can stunlock some bosses with it, i guess it's not that much of a loss, but still).
For those who doesn't know, the basic combo is : Attack, up + attack (spin attack), down + attack (then aerial)
I totaly don't like this weapons moveset. it'S to slow to my mind (up to now just 2handed wield) but the dmg.. it's not the worst.
These Reapers seems odd, maybe not well thought out? I'm not seeing a reason to upgrade from a Haymaker to a War Scythe or Red Eclipse. In both cases damage is almost the same (until you get a lot of Dex and Str, and even then it's a 3% difference), and the Red Eclipse weighs twice as much for HP Leech. You can make a case for upgrading to any other Reaper.
Purifier effective for Wis builds
Rusted Greatladle for about 10% more damage and strike damage for enemies that need it.
Gravedigger if you use a lot of magic.
Saltreaver has Poise damage and looks good on a strength heavy build.

Then there are the last two.
Red Eclipse or War Scythe if you want to waste an early Amber Idol and a bunch of salt to lose damage.

Is there some advantage I'm not seeing? Longer range? Maybe War Scythe is for Heavy Armor builds to save a couple pounds? Is it only for fashion?
"Purifier effective for Wis builds
Rusted Greatladle for about 10% more damage and strike damage for enemies that need it.
Gravedigger if you use a lot of magic.
Saltreaver has Poise damage and looks good on a strength heavy build."
I think you've answered your own question.
Red Eclipse for Heavily armored people (HP, and any regen, means more with lots of defense)
War Scythe is good for keeping below 25% weight giving you the longest fastest roll.
Personally i think the Scythes were thought out better than the rest. with any other weapon you just get the one that requires the highest class(with few exceptions). Scythes give you choice
After the recent patch 1.05 for PS4, reapers now have a unique riposte animation that functions the same as other riposte animations. Previous patch if you riposted with a reaper you'd do very little damage and leave yourself wide-open to an attack. Good change devs, thank you.
Is this class pure Slash? Or a mix like greatwords and axes?
they are a mix. A LOT of scythes have specials like extra blunt or extra blades, further shifting the split towards a particular damage type.