Comments made to our Salt & Sanctuary Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Hey i just wanted to inform whoever, devs, and players *wink wink* you can glitch the boss by only agrro'ing the first of the two spirits, he will eventually throw the axe and remain still, the axe will we vulnerable and nobody else will be moving. after killing the axe the first spirit died and the boss bar remained empty until i walked over and aggrod the second spirit and it said vanquished.

(also not sure if i was supposed to receive two boss salts from it, might be part of the glitch)
I'm not sure if it's connected, but I died once to the boss and lost 4k (no biggie) and after doing the glitch this way I only got 26k and didn't get my salt back. It said when I died that "The Coveting" stole my salt, wich isn't a surprise considering how god***** buggy that lost salt mechanic is.
Looks like double ashes is part of the glitch. Tried it on NG+ and got two, as well.
I had something like this happen when I got the boss to 35% health or so, the boss threw the axe at me and then just de-aggro'd, a somewhat disappointing end to the fight.

Faxter

Souls: 114.00
Wiki Edits: 7
I just had a similar experience:
At first both of the spirits aggro'd normally and the fight went as expected until about 66%.
At that point one of the spirits moved to the far left and deaggro'd while I was on the right side.
I took the opportunity and stayed on the right until the second spirit threw the axe while being on the far right side and deaggro'd there.
The remaining 50% I just stood at the axe which was about in the middle of the arena and kept hitting it without being bothered by the spirits.

NatetheHunter

Souls: 100.00
Wiki Edits: 10
No you should only receive one because the actual boss is that axe not the ghost
Yeah, one of them deaggro'd at some point during my fight too. It made things easier...

Faxter

Souls: 114.00
Wiki Edits: 7
I just had a similar experience:
At first both of the spirits aggro'd normally and the fight went as expected until about 66%.
At that point one of the spirits moved to the far left and deaggro'd while I was on the right side.
I took the opportunity and stayed on the right until the second spirit threw the axe while being on the far right side and deaggro'd there.
The remaining 50% I just stood at the axe which was about in the middle of the arena and kept hitting it without being bothered by the spirits.

Agurzil

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 207.00
Bank: 21,759.00
Wiki Edits: 715
Something similar happened to me, Both ghosts got stuck in the left upper corner. I was trying out the ashen effigy with 100% block for holy and physical and was standing in the left corner. After about 40% one ghost, after a few more % the other ghost as well got stuck in the upper left corner. I think it's just something that can happen when you go to either sides of the boss area.
Man takes up the sword to protect the small injuries that burdened his heart, on a distant day beyond his memories.
Man wields the sword to die with a smile on his face, on a distant day beyond his dreams.
I Transmuted the iron butterfly axe to make the Coveted axe, and then it mysteriously disappeared from my inventory afterwords. What's up with that? I spent awhile farming up that 100,000 salt to get that thing, and i don't have a second Coveted Ashes to make another one. the axe i transumted was not upgraded, but i don't think that should matter because it allowed me to do it.
edit: my bad, it was blacked out cos I couldn't use it! duh! sorry!
walked into this guy with 100k salt, died and when i come back the boss doesn't have my salt nor any spawned mobs to kill for it, essentially lost 100k to a bug...
Nvm, once i killed him the 2nd coveted had the salt but you cant tell hes glowing and y ou cant see his hp bar so it was hidden
exited then reloaded the game, equipped the salt seekers ring it leads me to the boss but its still missing, it doesn't have the bar on his health i have to get him to to get my salt back
Simply access this boss from behind, by getting the Dart brand and getting into the ruined temple via the Pitchwoods! All you need to get past is 3 Spindlebeasts... sigh
So, apparently you can get triple the reward. I walked into the fight from the right, then stayed there spamming wraithfang.

Axe died, get reward.

Walk a bit, first spirit died, get reward.

Walk a bit further, second spirit died, get reward.
whats the damage type of the projectiles? I used a shield with 100 strike defense (Teuthis Shield IV) and it goes through and kills me as if im not blocking at all... but I am and I have enough stamina...
I'm pretty sure they deal holy damage. So, silver shield is the way to go.
You can sneak up and only agro the axe ghost . after that it's simple as long as you keep him around 1 screen .

salt

Souls: 50.00
Use the shroud charm and stained pages.....the axe melts