Comments made to our Salt & Sanctuary Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

"Access by goin right above the switch from the Castle of Storms." - where it is? what is this?
why is this area placed after castle of storms if you can't reach it up to that point? if you follow this progression route you won't have those brands
Castle of Storm above the shrine(not sanctuary), light a torch n look far right and you'll see a faint hard light smoke cloud. You can then dart there to reach floating castle.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 405,881.49
Bank: 9,419.71
Wiki Edits: 34687
It was placed as 9.1 because there was supposed to be a shortcut from the Castle of Storms. We can't find it, so it must have been removed, so I have changed the Floating Castle to be 15.1
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
Thanks
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 405,881.49
Bank: 9,419.71
Wiki Edits: 34687
It's easier to get there from the passageway between the Dome of the Forgotten and the Red Hall of Cages. But you need Hardlight and Dart brands to do it.
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
If you have a higher level player in your game during co-op that has brands that can get them to certain locations you normally wouldn't be able to get to, such as castle of storms, by pressing options twice to warp to them it can break how NPC's spawn and you won't be able to get certain brands on your character anymore.

Found this out the hard way. My lvl 43 friend joined me in coop and we went to castle of storms and the despondent thief was not there, even after beating the wyrm. Even after i reloaded the game. Forever missing.

Multieyedmyr

Souls: 144.00
A few spots of this wont work. You need brands that are further in the progression. First at 9.1 and again in 12 you need the dart brand you get at 15.

Multieyedmyr

Souls: 144.00
I retract that 2nd bit. 12 is doable.
BS walktrough not even in english when u load more of a description.
the irony here is pretty amazing...
Right after release this guide was a complete mess its been fixed since hence my comment further above 4 days after this one Dumb *****.
I see somone Fixed the Walkthough thank you!!!
Got my Platinum! Thank you for the help :D. I needed to know the order to talk to a couple people in. First playthrough I missed some people.

TheTrueJester

Souls: 50.00
It just occurred to me that I can't think of any levels in the mandatory story path that actually requires Dart. I know a lot of optional areas and bosses are locked behind it, but I realize that not many areas in main progression need it. You can skip the entire ziggurat of dust by going through cran's pass, then just go straight to ruined temple and beyond. Any thoughts or clarification on how necessary dart brand is?
I think you may need it for certain jumps in Crypt of Dead Gods, but Hardlight brand is skippable...
I don't know whether or not the brand is mandatory, but long jumps can get you into Mal's as well.
Got stoned last night and made it to Siam Lake without doing most of the Temple and without fighting the boss.. Anyone care to remind me how?
With the power of green blossom
imma be real with you fam i skipped a ton of bosses just because my dumbass couldn't figure out where the *****ers were
Overall the game is playable but most details are really done messy. It does show that they're first time game maker(?)

Castle of storm there is a platform above the NPC merchant which I think is the original way to Mal's floating castle.

I'd suggest to do dome of forgotten first to take the hard light brand as hager's cavern has areas that need the brand. You'll be backtracking even more if you do the cavern first.
Ska Software has been one of my favorite Indie devs for years. The first game I got into of theirs was a River City Rampage clone called Zombie Smashers X back in 2001. They've made loads of interesting games in their unique grunge style of artwork ever since. This is the first PC game they've made (albeit is a port) for over a decade however since Xbox Live Arcade was released and they exclusively started creating for that.