Comments made to our Salt & Sanctuary Wiki and Salt & Sacrifice Wiki
By Anonymous
Used this at the sanctuary in Bandit's Pass, caused the shrine dweller to attack me. Killed her with little trouble, but then a couple extremely powerful mobs dropped down from the ceiling and obliterated me. I mean literally, killed in a couple hits (at level 21). Seems like it might let you convert a shrine to your preferred religion? Going to run back and see if it's possible to switch the shrine completely over.
By Anonymous
Nope, apparently Crystal Spheres change shrines to your devotion type. The stained page just makes some ultimate badasses spawn to murder you. Here's hoping they drop some great stuff once I can actually take them.
By Anonymous
But i can't defeat them anf so i can't use any sanctuary know to heal. What to do? Tried it for hours now.
By Anonymous
was curious but one time when using the stained page there was a player wondering in the sanctuary, I used a stained page and the player started to fight with the other NPCs.I am curious if this was a player or just a NPC looking like one of the player made characters?
By Anonymous
Where's the best place to get one
By Anonymous
beggar is the earliest place
By Anonymous
So how do u crush it i use it and it only adds a weapon buff
By Anonymous
Im at a loss. I get the same. My char will just use it ON the weapon
By Anonymous
Equip it, place yourself in front of the altar : you'll get a "desacrate" prompt.
By Anonymous
After you use the page and kill the NPCs, do they come back, do you get the idols back or are the idols lost forever?
By Anonymous
I´d like to know, too. If you use the crystal sphere to take over peacefully I guess you can just "convert them".But once you manage to get the super strong enemies that spawn down, will the sactuary be empty ? I really wonder...
By Anonymous
I like this game
By Anonymous
So the wiki doesn't mention this but I found one in the back of a dark cave that had some type of creature guarding it. It had a greatsword and these spider-like legs. This was at the bottom of The Festering Banquet. Just looked it up, the creature is called Armor Mite.
By Anonymous
Great that no one mentioned, that you will lose EVERY Sanctuary that holds the Creed you've destroyed. lost more than 50% of my checkpoints just cause i used this at the ruined temple. nice.
By Anonymous
did each other sanctuary spawn guardians and become convertable or do you need to desecrate each one
By Anonymous
I panicked when I put myself in the same blunder, I didn't want to desecrate any Creed's only sanctuary, so I swapped Creeds before retaking my original faction's sanctuary. I lost access to ALL fast travel via Calling Horn while being incapable of obtaining Bloody Writ as I intended (didn't know you had to 'lose'). For anyone interested, all sanctuaries owned by the Creed you just desecrated will be hostile now, I don't think you need more than one Stained Page per faction, but don't go on a murderous rampage just yet.

It's worth noting, you can still travel via a guide to sanctuaries owned by creeds you didn't just go to war with.

The 'Candle-lit Lady' near Village of Smiles will Forgive Sin, once you do that, you'll regain access to all your fast travel guides. You can pretend it never happened and rejoin your old faction.
By Anonymous
Can confirm that using this kills all the NPCs and leaves the sanctuary empty