Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

well ive been looking for them and i cant beat the rotten so thats hard and im level 89
Do lucatiels quest and she will help you with the rotten as a summon. If you use both her and the other summon they serve as excellent distractions.
lol noob get good kid i beat the rotten at level 68 lol noob get good kid
Dodge hit bro... Patience is the key, I finished all Vanilla and 1 DLC with a SL1... Raw Broadsword +10 at first, then Ice Rapier +5 afterwards.
Strafe the other way
I invaded 5 players in the chasm and killed 3 hosts not once did I receive a bonfire ascetic. I had 9 bonfire ascetic before killing the three hosts and still only had 9 after the three kills.

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
You have to personally land the killing blow to get a bonfire ascetic and human effigy from any player you kill. If they die by poison or falling off a cliff, you don't get anything for it. You also don't get anything for killing NPCs, which can look exactly like players if you don't know who's who.
Ranking up here makes your vision in dark better with every level, at rank 3 you dont need any llight at all since you can see perfecly clear in dark! But im not sure if it applies outside of Dark Chasm of Old.
It does seem to carry outside but only the rank 1 maybe 2.
So you would be able to essentially co-op through the dungeons, as you would just be a phantom capable of attacking the host?

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

In a manner of speaking. The host can't go into the boss room until all phantoms and NPCs are gone, but an invading player could certainly kill all the NPCs and one other invader.
DARK SOULS 2 IS ONLY FOR MAGES LMAO
***** just learn to roll...or go play DS3 the mages fan base has been castrated.
Learn to roll, buy some arrows, and git gud.
cleared all three dungeons. pretty sure i set a fire in each. now what? mr. wheels hasnt reacted.
So going there with a red eye orb IS essentially a auto coop summon formula, since ennemies are hostile to you. Why doesn't the sunlight medal do the same thing than red eye orb, in the dark chasm but for regular coop ? Wouldn't be nice ?

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

It's not really a forced co-op mechanic, since the host cannot proceed to the boss while you're in their world and you're still able to attack and kill them. It's no more a co-op mechanic than if the host used a seed anywhere else. It's just that the phantoms are supposed to stand in for other players, and other players are omnihostile in the Chasms. If you choose to help the host by killing their enemies for them, that's your own personal choice. But it doesn't make it a co-op mechanic any more than the summons who use Promised Walk of Peace and Lifedrain Patch are using a pvp mechanic.

I get that forced co-op sounds like fun when you're the "summon", but from the host's end it's a terrible (and terribly annoying) idea. No, I don't want people to force their help on me, and stopping for two seconds to crystal them back is as much a waste of my time as it is of theirs. IMO, Way of Blue is as close to an autosummon co-op mechanic as the game should get, since people can opt out of it if they want to.
I just beat Dark Lurker but it only awarded me with rank 2 in the covenant, did I do something wrong?

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

You did nothing wrong, you just beat him in one go is all. Talk to Grandahl again to get the rank 3 reward.
make sure that you actually lit all 3 big torches(they are black), visit again the 3 places and if you already defeated darklurker you should have rank 3
i killed the one from black gultch, can i still join the covenant?
No
You killed the covenant leader so, yeah. Of course you can still join the covenant because that makes sense. (In other words, no)