Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
So, in other words if you rush a specific attribute so you can you use a piece of gear, you're actually nerfing your character. To get the most statistically powerful character you need to level all 9 attributes simultaneously. If you didn't do this, you can still fix your character by using a soul vessel to respec, that's actually the true hidden power of that item.
By Anonymous
Again, not true. There is no hidden multiplier between stats. Someone that spreads their points too thin will be very squishy and deal much less damage than those who specialize. This is why none of the best pvp builds are built in the way that you suggest.
By Anonymous
Not sure what you mean. Each stat has its own diminishing returns, and it doesn't matter when you put a point into it. If you are suggesting that the most powerful character is just even stats across the board, even at low level, this couldn't be further from the truth. This logic only applies when you are high enough level to have your main damage stat, and all of your physical stats (VIT, END/ATT, ADP) at their hard caps. Why carry a crappy katana AND a mace when you can just carry one that's powerful? Why use crappy soul arrows AND terrible lightning spears when you can just one shot them with a soul spear?
By Anonymous
If all you use for weapons are great swords, as an example, or great clubs, how does Intelligence or Faith help? Similarly, if you only use magic and pyromancies, what does levelling Strength do for you? Also, how is the primary function of the Soul Vessel a hidden power? If you meant to inform people about Mundane infusion, then sure, you have a point, but that's me trying to reach a conclusion *for* you.
By Anonymous
this wiki is wrong about how stat boosts work. Stat boosts are not linear but are based on if you leveling multiple attributes at once. For example 120 is not the highest agility. You get 1 agility for every 2 points of adapt and 1 for every 4 points of attunement, but if you put 1 point into adapt and attunement simultaneously you will always get 1 agility. This applies to all stats, the highest hp isn't 2500 it's around 3800.
By Anonymous
Not even in your own example is that true. While yes until 110 agility, 1 ATT and 1 ADP = 1 agility. That means that I would need 30 ATT and 30 ADP to reach it. I can also reach that by going 38 ADP and 6 ATT. As a warrior, it would be a waste for me to invest any points into ATT.
By Anonymous
Every playthrough of DS2 I do I always forget to level ADP before anything else and it makes me want to die. I know I might sound like a casul but leveling any other stat is so not worth it compared to actual I frames on moves, and faster animations in general. Good god does this game hurt without I frames early on, although it gets better with more options to keep enemies at bay later like arrows or magic.