Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
Funnily enough, 5% is the same chance to crit as a certain 20 sided die
By Anonymous
"Tests show that actual critical hit chance is closer to 15%."
Whoever did this test must have been INSANELY lucky. Using it myself with Ricard's Rapier, it really is around the 5% it's supposed to be.
By Anonymous
It's heavy.
By Anonymous
team fortress 2 gauntlets
By Anonymous
You can do good fashion souls with this. This + Grave Warden Bottom s + Red Lion Warrior Cape + Prisoner Hood (mouth only) look quite nice.
By Anonymous
Hexer hood, desert witch top.
By Anonymous
S scaling in usefulness, but E scaling in fashion
By Anonymous
I love armor effects like this in ds2, makes the whole min-maxing idea alot more fun than in ds3, where you just get the best rings, spells, and weapons and that's pretty much it. At least in ds1 you had interesting mechanics like chaos damage scaling with humanity.
By Anonymous
"It seems that weapons degrade faster while Engraved gauntlets are used."
The fact that no numbers or anything are actually shown made me wanna test this, so i decided to count each hit with and without the gauntlets using my dual wielded blacksteel katanas. I hit the wall until they were in risk without the gauntlets and it was exactly 90 hits so i assume at 100 hits they would break, i hit it again until they were in risk with the gauntlets and again, 90 hits, exact same. idk if it's different on actual enemies or something but I assume someone put that there to avoid players abusing the crit chance on pvp or something, im a pve player so idc
By Anonymous
someone correct me if im wrong tho
By Anonymous
Thanks dextralife
By Anonymous
You are correct, it appears it doesn't affect durability.
By Anonymous
I would wager that testing against a wall wouldn't work, as the extra reduction in durability likely occurs whenever the crit effect procs. It could be something as simple as -1 durability per crit, but this is DS2 so it's more likely something completely convoluted.