Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
This weapon is one of the many reasons why DS2 is my favourite Souls. A great compromise between melee and magic. Looks good and the moveset is fine.
By Anonymous
2 R1s in to a surprise spell. My favorite being Soul Greatsword for a roll catch.
By Anonymous
I'd love to hear those other reasons. Besides weapon and build variety, DS2 is clearly inferior to the other two in every way.
By Anonymous
“clearly inferior” bad take
By Anonymous
I like fighting big knights, so I love the bosses, PvP is better IMO (due to build variety and not rollspam allowed), I like the open world a lot, the npcs are better IMO, the NGs are the best in the series (for originality, changes, and rewards), this gives it a much higher replay value, as also challenges are rewarded, you can interact with the world around you, example ballistas, lockstones, and good illusory walls, durability does something and is something to mind, and there are among the greatest boss fights in the series. That is why I prefer dark souls 2
By Anonymous
What ds2 bosses are among the greatest in the series??? Wtf what kind of drugs are you on????
By Anonymous
Replying to the dude above me:
- Velstadt, Royal Aegis
- Looking Glass Knight
- Sihn, the Slumbering Dragon
- Fume Knight
- Sir Alonne
- Aava, the King's pet
- Burned Ivory King

Maybe Velstadt and/or LGK are debatable, but they really are memorable
By Anonymous
Person saying bosses suck maybe just hasn't played the dlc? Base game bosses are a little iffy tbh, with smelter demon maybe being the only really good one. But the DLC bosses are pretty fun. Fume Knight specifically stood out to me.

But ds2 is unique in other ways as well. Shulva has a really interactive map. They also generally do better with light/dark disparity between areas, whereas ds3 feels sort of drab all the way through. Which is thematically correct, but makes the whole world feel a bit less varied.
By Anonymous
Anon2 has no clue what he's talking about
By Anonymous
I’d say the pvp is awful has the same backstab spam as 1 but at least they give you anti backstab gear, I think the npcs aren’t as good as the rest of the series and aside from a few good ones overall I think the bosses are the least memorable of the series. I do think it has the best ng + of the way things change and the extra content in some places as well as some interesting spells and a few interesting weapons I would have liked to make it to 3 but overall I would definitely say it’s most inferior of the series.
By Anonymous
I love DS2 because it had my favorite boss fight, Sir Alonne
By Anonymous
Does infusing Blue Flame with Magic effect the power of sorceries cast?
By Anonymous
Yes
By Anonymous
Not sure if anyone else found this, but at least is SoFS if you R1 immediately after stabbing from a roll with the weapon in your other hand your first slash is a regular straight sword slash.
By Anonymous
Actually, it seems your roll attack just needs to be fast enough.
By Anonymous
Actually, I did a bit more testing and it seems like most smaller weapons and a few larger weapons allow you to do a normal straight sword attack right after them. Some spears and the Chariot Lance don't work. It works with any attacks these weapons do.
By Anonymous
Thinking of doing a Spellsword build with this weapon, but I want to make it effective at melee and spells. Should I keep it un-infused and slap Aromatic Ooze on it, while having about say 53 int (enough Int to use Crystal Soul Spear). Aromatic Ooze can be farmed from the dog-like enemies in The Gutter btw.
By Anonymous
I would say don't infuse it... you gain 7 points more magic damage for almost halving the physical damage...not worth it in my opinion. Buffing it seems better.
By Anonymous
If you're going melee, maybe don't infuse. But infusing it with magic makes spells stronger from it
By Anonymous
So leydias can cast pyromancies with it but we can't? nice clickbait From
By Anonymous
They cast pyromancy with black witches staff.
Use your eyes next time and maybe get a better view when you aren't cowering behind a shield and moonwalking.
By Anonymous
Leydia Pyromancers, not Leydia Witches, dummy. Use your brain next time and maybe get a better perspective when you aren’t cowering behind a keyboard and speaking out of ignorance.
By Anonymous
Permítanme capturar tremenda humillación.
By Anonymous
shut up you actual baby
By Apple_master
This weapon has an amazing true combo, OP for Int ir hexes build. This video shows how to do it. Amazing...
By Anonymous
Pocamadre cabron.
By Anonymous
Unfortunately for you, I've memorized that Rick roll link.
By Anonymous
It cannot cast hexes.
By Anonymous
liar ahead
By Anonymous
true ahead
By Anonymous
Never gonna give you up, skeleton!
By Anonymous
Which bonfire do i use an ascetic on in brightstone to get the NPC invader who can potentially drop a blue flame ?.
By Anonymous
It must be Lower Brightstone Cove. The only phantom from NG+ I can think of is the dude next to the bridge over the spiky area.
By Anonymous
Easier to go to the undead crypt and farm the Leydia Pyrocasters just before The Velstadt boss room. Can farm a few in less than an hour. Hope that helps.
By Anonymous
Mediocre as a catalyst compared to Staff of Wisdom (about 25% less damage on spells,) but great as a magic damage straight sword for Int builds. You'd be better off in most scenarios with a dedicated catalyst and melee weapon but if you're tight on equip load or don't use offensive spells too much it's a good compromise.
By Anonymous
If you make it raw and cast crystal magic weapon on the blue flame it will do more damage not as much as the staff of wisdom in pvp use the staff to enchant the blue flame and use close range spells like soul flash and at range use the staff