Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
I never saw a Hollow Soldier use a longsword, someone please fix the wiki article.
By Fexelea
Posts Posts Avatar
I removed the longsword comment. Thank you for the heads up! For future reference, you can easily create an account and edit the page yourself if you find other stuff and don't want to wait for someone to see your message :)
By Imperial_guardsman
They do use longswords, they are somewhat common and do a fair bit of damage especially on new game plus. However I don't think that I've encountered any estoc variants. In other word pay more attention to the enemies.
By Imperial_guardsman
They also use longswords in the memories of the giants and that's a bit more common.
By Anonymous
I never saw a Hollow Soldier use a longsword, someone please fix the wiki article.
By Anonymous
The sword and shield hollow soldiers can also attempt to parry you.
By Anonymous
Yes, those using Estoc. Sometimes after the parry and your character has legs spread, they will not attack you and just look at your character's soul like this: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
By Anonymous
They do it when you attack them while their shields are up. Not sure if there's a difference between their Block and Parry stance animation, but sometimes they just block, sometimes parry. It doesn't matter if you're too close, their were times when only the tip of my sword reach them, and they parried me.
By Anonymous
Reminds me of the legendary troll "Peeper of Drangleic"

(Watch in YouTube)
By Anonymous
Where is the Estoc variant? I encounter them but I don't see them on this article .
By Anonymous
Yes, those using Estoc. Sometimes after the parry and your character has legs spread, they will not attack you and just look at your character's soul like this: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
By Anonymous
they also drop radiant livegems as well
By Anonymous
"Hollow Royal Soldier (Hollow Soldier) Soldier" I think there's an extra soldier in there by accident
By Anonymous
Didn't know this guy could parry until I got too confident with my low hp and spammed estoc.
By Anonymous
I think I deflected one of their firebombs by hitting it while swinging at them, could have been a glitch but the projectile went off in the opposite direction after getting in the way of my character's halberd swing
By Anonymous
whats up with the attack where they put their shield behind their back for a full 2 seconds to bash you with it and still block 100% of your attacks without possibility of stagger