Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

What the hell are you people *****ing about? Being invaded is part of the game. If you don't like it your playing the wrong game. ***** I miss the old school community. I'm guessing all you whiners play on the computer or Xbox.
god, there's few things more pathetic than insecure *****s claiming to be "old school veterans" or somesuch... *****ing hell it's so cringey
Re: ????

People don't always try to disconnect on purpose jackass. If they don't like being invaded, they don't like being invaded. It is only one mechanic dip***** and is not the point of the game, so you are thinking of the wrong game. *****, if the old school community is anything like condescending dip*****s such as yourself, then it is great that they are hardly a thing now. What a whiny ***** you are.
Wow you are a whiny *****, it's part of the game deal with it little ***** boy

TheDarkSoulsBro

Souls: 30.00
This is the definition of someone who wants to look cool by swearing all the time, you little dip**** ****ing *****! Oh no, it's contagious!
Oh sorry that I play it for the PVE and dont like forced PVP.
I was just never a fan of it, in no game ever, its as simple as that, why dont they simply add a permanent option to disable invades? I love the messages, I love the multiplayer PVE, I hate PVP
you can always burn human effigy if you want to p*ssy out from invasion area
Git Gud.
Because invasions exist in the souls games explicitly as a balance for how easy the other multiplayer***** makes the game. That is why the game prioritizes people with phantoms. It punishes you for trying to mitigate the difficulty. If you want the multiplayer that makes the game easier, fromsoft expects you to deal with the multiplayer elements that make it harder for balance.
I don't get the mentality of pvp fanboys. What they say is obviously garbage, there is no problem there. But do they seriously believe what they say? I mean someone actually said that if you want the coop part then cope with the pvp part too. That's actually a fine idea - except you don't get to coop just like that (especially hollowed) but you can be invaded just like that (even hollowed). So... meaningless to even care about this.
I did that on purpose, i just didnt want to lose my 400.000 souls lol. enough for level up two levels. after get killed and get back on bonfire, it was less than 5 seconds before i get invaded. really? at least give me 20 seconds to be free of invasion after i leave the bonfire lol. i was gonna lose my souls if i didnt alt+f4. but its my mistake so i think is a fair punishment.
I don't really mind invades in the second DS. Maybe because it's a much more balanced game overall and because it familiarizes you with the concept early on by spawning NPC invaders. But most importantly, you don't have to sacrifice your precious humanity at the bonfire in order to spawn some NPCs near the boss fight area, only to be invaded by some ****** and get killed on the way there.

I guess the only valid complaint is that the game is really selfish for punishing you if you gotta do an emergency bail out - what if something was burning on the stove, the kid was playing with knives, or the house was on fire? Seriously, though, anybody who's playing Dark Souls is a *****ing nerd with no other obligations or responsibilities, so the argument is invalid.
If something is burning on the stove you don't disconnect first... you go there and take care of it!
Same with the otber points...
PvP is always fair, and if anything is stacked in the favour of the host. Many choices of fast healing options and being able to summon phantoms. All PvP is based on Soul Memory, so you'll be matched with people who got the same total amount of souls as you. If you're being overpowered by other players you just didn't invest your souls in a good way. If you can't handle invasions just play offline
I simply disconnect when I am about to die
You honestly believe what you said? Really?
That sort of hurts. Or you only do redsign pvp? That's sort of fair I guess.

Let's see how pvp works outside of redsign:
The guy who wishes to do pvp prepares, fully decked out for pvp, then does the invasion.
The guy on the recieving end of the d*ck notices the invasion and hopes that what he has is going to be good enough. Sure, a host can use estusk to heal. Except you die most of the time if you try that in a pvp fight. Oh, you are a hollow and have 50% health? 75% because you have the ring? Good for you, that's only 25% less than the invader. You used up all your spells and you are a sorcerer? Tough luck.
You are 5 meters away from the next bonfire, nothing left, bloody and tired - boom, bonfire locked, guy appears behind you. Since it was a hard area as is and you are now agitated as fuk you die while trying to reclaim your lost souls. Boom, 150k souls lost. Yay. Because someone was bored and designed an idiotic pvp mechanic. Yay again for him.
The problem for most of us isn't that we can' t handle invasions, it's that there are so many laggy invaders that piss people off so they rage quit and, WHAM banned from pvp

TheSmilingDog

Casual
Convict

Souls: 156.00
Wiki Edits: 14
"I simply disconnect when I am about to die" Uh oh we have a PvP god over here.
yes bad netcode, laggy invaders and match making based on soul memory instead of level is definitely fair
I lost the count on how many hate messages I got from disconnecting in PVP. Yet, I only had to use 1 bone of order so far. So much fun!
casul
Honestly, I think the pvp in DS2 is all around pretty good... Hosts get to heal, invaders get to... well... invade

And all around, Dark Souls advertisez themselves as a difficult game

if you like being online but not pvp use the ring of binding and a few points into your VIG stat to cover the loss... I mean come on, DS1 was NOT that forgiving, lighten up and play to win or just dont play Dark Souls
being hollow doesn't stop you from getting invaded in dark souls 2 and invader can still heal using warmth or faith spells

TheSmilingDog

Casual
Convict

I do miss being able to heal as an invader like in 3. However the fact that heals are easily punished is quite nice.
"balanced"
I have a serious question here:

But first, my situation.
I want to beat DS 2 without dying or using bonfires (the way to get those to unique rings, Illusory Ring of a Conqueror & Illusory Ring of the Exalted). Since it is FATAL being invaded while doing these challanges (either you need your heal items badly, and you just must not die), turning off multiplayer through burining effiies is not possible (you cant sit at a bonfire, bruuh).

SO, if i happen to ALT+F4 during an invasion, does that count as a death? I dont even really care about the ban from multiplayer, i just want to know if i screwed up getting the ring Illusory Ring of a Conqueror?
Just play in offline mode.
fun fact, in offline mode, the obelisk (wall nex to Way of the blue guy) in mMjula will only show YOUR death count!

TheSmilingDog

Casual
Convict

No it won't count towards your death count. As anon said, the obelisk will show your death count.... though disconnecting is seriously a douchey thing to do so maybe you don't deserve those rings. Play in offline mode.
I have never disconnected but I still got the penalty. Good job FromSoft.

TheSmilingDog

Casual
Convict

It might be due to game crashes, internet problems, or *possibly* the Black Crystal. People aren't too sure on the last one though....