Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

Where to begin? Well, lets start with this area is the most boring, annoying, and frustrating part of the game bar none. Lets make a barren tundra with no worthwhile items OR points of interest and make the boss 3-4 minutes sprinting distance from the bonfire. Good idea, but you know what'll make it better? Adding a wind effect so you can't see 50% of the time, so you'd better hope you're headed in the right direction to the boss. But wait motherfuckers, there's more. We'll add annoying enemies that infinitely spawn and can chase you down AND shoot lightning, therefore you cannot easily ignore them on the way to boss. Oh you're a melee build? Well guess what ****, they can fly around so you can't reach them therefore stalling for more of them to spawn so you get ganked. Fun, right? But we're not finished there, no no no, we have the boss itself. Remember that boss you fought earlier? Well we thought it would be a good idea to let you fight him again! Yup, but its gotta be a new experience right? So instead of just fighting the same old boss from half an hour ago....you can fight TWO of them AT THE SAME TIME! I know, I know hold your applause. Wait, you're saying we already did this with the dragonriders? Well, no this is different because once you get to a certain point in the fight the second one will (wait for it) START TO REGENERATE HEALTH. We here at From sincerely hope you have fun in this new, well thought out area! Thank god i beat this boss on my 2nd try because if i had to do all this multiple times...oh boy. The ONLY way this experience would be worse is if the Bed of mothafuckin Chaos was as the end. /end rant
Another tip

Exit the game and make a backup save right before the fog gate (if you have summoned NPC phantoms kick them by using the Black Separation Crystal). If you die during the boss fight, reload your backup save. It takes less than restarting from the bonfire and saves human effigies if you are going to deal with the boss while human.
Also useful against those bosses which are far away from the neareast bonfire (such as Vendick, the Ancient Dragon and Sir Alonne).
Worst zone in the entire game.
Worst zone in the entire series.
The annoying part was the constant Frozen Raindeer attacks and the fact that they appear somewhat inconsistently, meaning I was never sure if I had killed every one along my route and occasionally got ambushed by three or four of them. Once I managed to reach the boss arena with Vengarl and Feeva at full health, I think I managed to get two or three hits in on Lud before Zallen IMMEDIATELY joined in. (66% health my foot, Lud was at like 95% or something.) That said the fight wasn't too bad and I managed to win on my first try, mostly because both of the cats were mostly focused on the phantoms which allowed me to beat Lud relatively unmolested, and Zallen's rage state wasn't too bad and also temporary.
How I overcame the Friggin Outshits (PS4) while "making my own bonfires": -Equip every healing item you can (I suggest to buy a*****load of Lifegems from Melentia) plus the fire pine resin for the boss fight -equip a greatshield such as the Gyrm or Havel's to block the charges from the reindeers and then smack them in the face with a straightsword with Stone ring equipped to break the windup of their attacks -stick to the path made by the three ruins, once you reach the second one exit the game and do a backup save, online or using a USB -reach the third building and make another backup -reach the boss fog and do one final backup. If you die to Lud and Zallen just reload the save, so you won't have to do another death march in the snow
This is a awesome idea.

SilverKnightDragon

Casual
Convict

Souls: 205.00
Wiki Edits: 31
"Friggin Outshits" the accurate terminology is 'Horse***** Valley"
Worst area in the whole series. No joke.
There is a faster route... Start with summoning the 3 npc's and run straight for the second ruins and deal with the couple horses on the way... when you are at the gate next to the pharros pool go straight ahead and you will arrive at the boss... keep in mind that there are 2-3 horses guarding the chasm.

shadowchild81

Souls: 50.00
I can confirm that there is 1 spell that makes this so much easier and its not numbness use the spell unveil during the snowstorms and follow the glowing orb

shadowchild81

Souls: 50.00
Use unveil
Gotta love it when you have three phantoms but every enemy has a hard on for you and only you.