Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
All right, I'm still pretty new to this game, but I would like to know why 99% of all players kill this guy for his armor? Am I missing something?
By Anonymous
Cuz his armor increases the amount of souls you get from defeated enemies
By Anonymous
Well, that is quite an understandable reason indeed
By Anonymous
Extra souls, very useful especially when enemies only spawn 12 times before needing an ascetic
By Anonymous
Is kind of a lame reason to say "Enemies spawn 12 times..." when you have Covenant of Champions as an available alternative in the game. If you want to go full murderer, do not hide your vile persona with excuses. *Covenant of Champions resets nearly all enemy respawns and make them respawn indefinitely
By SlaveKnightKos
We just want the SOULS
By Anonymous
Useful for no-death runs. An extra few levels is more important than poise when you want to play as carefully as possible anyway
By Anonymous
Does the armor he sells transfer between ng/ng+? I killed him on NG for the set, can i buy THE ENTIRE STOCK on NG+? (at least all the armor that would have been unlocked had i not killed him)
By SlaveKnightKos
No. You will have to progress through the game and his story to get most of the armor.
By SlaveKnightKos
Kill him.
Don't feel bad.
Give him enough money and he becomes a jerk that forgets your name even though you are the only person who has ever bought from his useless hide.
I'd kill anyone for 25% more souls for the rest of the game (except the Emerald Herald)
By officegossip
Yea most NPCs in Majula are *******s or just weird and unlikeable. I’m fond of Crestfallen and to some extent the Hag Merchant because she’s kinda sweet.
By Anonymous
You say that but if you make him rich and show up with no souls he gives you a free (and somewhat actually decent) armour set, so he does care
By Anonymous
hes not a jerk tho hes just hollowing and the memory damage along with us constantly changing armour makes him think we are a different person. still going to kill him after meeting the 16k threshold though because at that point the 3k to revive him will be pocket money due to the set
By Anonymous
Sorry whiny man but i want to be level 80 before even reaching the bastille, and the only way to do that is to uninstall you from majula
By Anonymous
I forgot to kill him before starting NG+, rip
By Anonymous
I’m pretty sure this guy might be suffering from some sort of trauma because of his general demeanor and also the fact that it is implied that he is from brightstone cove Tseldora which was overrun with parasitic spiders that killed nearly everybody who lived there, seeing that would probably cause you to have some sort of trauma
By Anonymous
His forgetfulness most likely comes from hollowing. Like a lot of other npcs they need an occupation or duty to stay sane and maughlin has his shop. If you buy a lot of stuff from him, you get him happy and he remembers that there once was a place called home but it´s not enough for him to remember where or what that was.
But you are probably right that brightstone cove must have been traumatic when the spiders came. Perhaps that was his reason to venture out?
By Anonymous
he's hollowing he moved to drangleic since he thought he'd get rich by doing so, with his goal fulfilled the inevitable will come after him sooner or later
By Anonymous
I killed him right away. I was thinking "it's cool, I'll just use a bonfire ascetic to revive him later". Well, that doesn't work. Moral of the story,; if you want boss armors, don't kill him early. Now if souls are what you're after... now that's a different story! Heh heh heh
By Anonymous
Killing Him Early To be Able to Reach The Pit Is Truly Sigma Behavior
By Anonymous
My favourite light novel
By Anonymous
so, if i kill him i will lose some sets for the rest of game, or i can get it later on in someway?
By Anonymous
spend the 16k before killing him. then when revived at his tombstone the 16k spending requirement will be met and he will sell you everything so long as the other conditions have been met like killing a specific boss. if you spend 16k after killing him and using the tombstone it will not count (lore reasons probably say its a memory of when you killed him)
By Anonymous
Someone please edit this page to make it very clear: you MUST spend 16k *BEFORE* killing him to be able to buy stuff after. Spending after doesn't work at all.
(For some reason my browser crashes when I try to edit pages on mobile)