Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Just wanted to mention here that there is a method of boosting your rank in this covenant. Whether it's known or not I've never found it despite many attempts. But using the delicate string and agape ring you can repeatedly invade a friend to gain quick kills in fairly rapid succession to rank up much faster. I'll have a video up later today to demonstrate this method. I wanted to mention it here because I highly respect this site and have gained 80% of my knowledge of this game from it
In regards to the guest 2 messages above me:
You can get every single rank reward completely offline, you just have to get to NG++ and get to Chancellor Wellager in Drangleic Castle. Look to the "Offline Covenants" Page, and you can find ways to complete 6 of them completely to rank 3 100% offline - it just takes some grinding; and the other two (Brotherhood of Blood and the Blue Sentinels), you can just buy the items you would earn off of Wellager, so long as you've made it to NG++. Using Ascetics doesn't work, you have to make it there legitimately.
this covenant has probably the best arena in the game,, the matchmaking is more fair than the red arena, the only dont like is that getting tokens gets more difficult past the 20 million soul memory, but at least this covenant has a use for the tokens, unlike its red counterpart.
So it's impossible offline? *****
Wouldn't your friend rapidly drop below the sin threshold for invading as an arbiter?
I litterally hate this covenant. Blue orbs are not fair at all past lvl 200. Im fighting ppl twice my lvl and i get ganked 70% of the time i use one. This covenent isn't worth your time. Ng++ instead. It'll be less stresfull if you do that instead. Pvp in this covenant is dumb
What's a good SM to invade / defend a host from an invader? I don't think I ever got summoned and I rarely can rarely invade
Wouldn't your friend rapidly drop below the sin threshold for invading as an arbiter?
Will I glow blue when summoned by a white soapstone if I get the higher ranks?
I'm curious do you have to be in the same area as an apostle to be able to help them?
I got 500 kills in the first 3 weeks after release, wasn't really worth it for the rewards, but it was fun as hell playing ^^
To the person asking about apostle summoning area range, no you don't. I've been summoned to assist a WOBA in Iron Keep when I was in Frigid Outskirts. There might be some more technical aspects involved in being summoned as a Blue Sentinel (like SL) but I don't know about all that.
I litterally hate this covenant. Blue orbs are not fair at all past lvl 200. Im fighting ppl twice my lvl and i get ganked 70% of the time i use one. This covenent isn't worth your time. Ng++ instead. It'll be less stresfull if you do that instead. Pvp in this covenant is dumb
Where is it best to use blue-eye orbs, do I need a token to rejoin covenant, and do I need a token for every spar?
If your doing it for pvp over the rankings then using them in the belfry's is a good idea. Note it can glitch and youll have to exit the game to fix it.
Best to use them in Iron Keep or the orange areas in the warp menu at the bonfire. Yes you need a token for every spar. You need one for him to acknowledge you. Whether thats in your box or your inventory it doesnt matter. He does not take it from you either.
Iron Keep or DLC hubs.
Is it possible to loose ranks?
Cant lose points or ranks. Only in the Brotherhood of Blood can you lose points.
This is really cool. I'm surprised and glad that there are so many people still playing the game. I still can hardly ever find people to help me early game except in the forest.
Some people didn't really like the Dark Souls 3 PvP, so most people play Dark Souls 2 for PvP. And that makes up for more potential invaders, and also helpers, because fighting 2v1 can be sometimes hilarious.
same amount like ds1, aka ~ twice less than ds3. ~3k online, no matter working day or weekend. peak in the evening. about 8pm tho it doesnt matter, because its never less than 1k any time
If you need help on xbox. I would be more than happy to assist you.

Some people didn't really like the Dark Souls 3 PvP, so most people play Dark Souls 2 for PvP. And that makes up for more potential invaders, and also helpers, because fighting 2v1 can be sometimes hilarious.
and for ds3 it doesnt have lategame pvp and only pw protected coop once you start playing ng+n for some rreason. me as a guy who wants to try all weaps and spells in the game ends up with lvl400+ chars, so ds3 would mean - single player
tho ds2 w/o expansion died/dying dramatically
One time I was invading in the tower of flame and I ended up appearing in the gutter are they connected somehow?
Because it searches for specific people rather then anyone's world, the blue orb can search all of Drangleic. If it helps, imagine it as a ripple, and anything that obstructs the ripple, yourl are sent to remove (sinners and wretches)
No. This is common. You can end up in many places no matter where you used the orb.
Whenever I use an orb, it automatically tells me it couldn't find a world. My game was in online mode, and I never seemed to have this trouble with the Rat Bros. I'm Level 127 if it helps.
Keep trying,or wait until the "online time" (from ~20h Madrid time to 7h next day or so)
From 15h theres many *** playersplayers around Drangleic
I found out that the ring of the gods is how siners block out us invading them because we have to be under the God to even see them so just do one with out the ring and then jump to all of them
I concur. This is an accurate statement.
I just need to get my frustration out, I hate Cracked Blue Eye Orbs, they are 98% useless, astonishingly so. Needing to press the buttons like a 1000 times just to get 1 single invasion.................SUCKS THE BIG ONE!
It really sucks that their red counterparts get invasions pretty much instantly, making it unfair in regards of the amount of invasion oriented PVP one can have. Even though blue invasions suck, the blue arena is pretty much the best one, due to its more fair matchmaking. And it has a lower population of Havel-Butt faces, so its better!
I feel u bro. I was in ng+ and i got ganked 50 times in a row by diffrent ppl and in diffrent area's. I got so mad i killed that covenent leader and ng++'d so i could buy the mirracles and kill him again. I was only doing it for the achievment. I love pvp but this covenant makes you hate the game.
stop being a drama queen and use them in iron keep ya nerd
For real havel guys are the worst and I agree completely with the blue eye orbs thing. Its the slowing invasion process ever
I hear you man. And there really is no reason for blue eye orbs to be useless 98 PUH-CENT of the time. There are plenty of guilty players out there, but it just takes you forever to find one. Also, havel butt faces can go suck an egg. Any time I get invaded by one and get their health to near death they just cower behind the enemies. At this point I'll just go to the boss door if possible, or sign out of psn. I have zero patience for cowards, you wann fight lets go, don't get cold feet now.
Havel-butt faces are mostly in the BOB now. I usually only get invaded by reds and more often than not they're wearing the infamous havelbutt face + magic + turtling. I don't even bother with them anymore I'm like nope and run to boss door.
What's a good SM for this covenant as of 2016?
Idk, though in sotfs, you can connect to almost anyone after 5 mil, so long as they too are past 5 mil. (Exceptions are if you are both near 5 mi)