Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Pixieking

Souls: 60.00
Wiki Edits: 2
Scholar DX11 version.

If you don't care about Soul Memory, and have a decent amount of time/patience on your hands, it's possible to clear out the rooms leading up to the (Blue) Smelter Demon. Useful if you're wanting help from Summons for the boss, but don't want the hassle of dealing with anything on the way to his fog-gate. Enemies stop respawning after 12 kills, and their AI is really bad. You can aggro certain enemies without their allies mobbing you, so as long as you've got a decent ranged weapon (I've got the Dragonrider Bow at +5, and buy Wood Arrows by the 100), and move slowly, you're good.

I can post a detailed strategy, if anyone wants. :)

Voodofreak

Souls: 50.00
I had that in mind myself, but its seems just as time consuming. On one side you waste time dying in various silly frustrating manner on the other just grind your way through. I just made my firs run in the area with my firs DS character ever and killing enemies to the boss was the hardest part I found in the game so far. Still looking for guides on the area that have some safe tactics, but it just seems that the whole DLC was made to mess with you.
I was tagging up as a summon and ai find Dark Ord to be doing more damage than even crystal soul spear. Hexes seem to be affective against the smelter demon. The only hard thing is getting to him. The gate method seems to lead through the least amount of enemies.
This area is very frustrating. Honestly more so than anywhere else in the entire game so far or even DS1.

Haven't got past it yet, but current strategy is to summon the NPCs, kill knights of the first 2 rooms and run to the 3rd room before the gate. Clear that room (the lighting guy will drop down if you don't engage).

Now I'm attuning different spells to see what does damage to the boss effectively, but TBH it looks like melee is the most efficient method even though I'm a caster.
I was tagging up as a summon and ai find Dark Ord to be doing more damage than even crystal soul spear. Hexes seem to be affective against the smelter demon. The only hard thing is getting to him. The gate method seems to lead through the least amount of enemies.
This area is very frustrating. Honestly more so than anywhere else in the entire game so far or even DS1.

Haven't got past it yet, but current strategy is to summon the NPCs, kill knights of the first 2 rooms and run to the 3rd room before the gate. Clear that room (the lighting guy will drop down if you don't engage).

Now I'm attuning different spells to see what does damage to the boss effectively, but TBH it looks like melee is the most efficient method even though I'm a caster.
***** this place, not worth it.
Perma kill four knights from cells before working rest of level. Take gate used ranged this level becomes easy with summons
Can I get some help
I'm on Xbox One;TheBeastBullet1
omg what a terrible zone. not fun. ended up just grinding down all the baddies until they stopped spawning out of spite.
Yearn is useful when running through the iron gates with the salamanders.. keeps the ashen warrior distracted
perma kill ashen warriors in first cells, go through gate, backstab the mage dude on the right (+10 makrumo, 40str/dex + flyns = 1 hit kill), kill sorceress in the room on the right with the switch in it. perma kill the soldiers in these cells here (I just perma killed the sorceress and the mage dude as well). go through second gate. take path on the right. run straight ahead past undead armor, jump down and sprint to gate.

I used the R2 on the curved dragon GS whilst perma killing the ashen knights (aoe attack + fireballs from the lizzards + great range on the attack)

after ashen warriors are perma killed, i just ran through with no armor on for the faster run speed/dodge. may need to dodge the first or second fireball then hug a wall.
I've never had so much trouble in a Dark Souls game until I played this area. Like what the *****. It's annoyingly hard, and barely gives the player a chance. Takes zero skill, just repetition and luck.
All Estuses used to get to the boss and then fightinf smelter demon with 50 lifegems, funnny, but challenging.