Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

See: Section that begins with Life Ring +3....in first paragraph writer states: enter 4th door to deal w/Ashen Idol.....it's actually the 3rd door. Error in information as you know, could get player/gamer killed needlessly. Still, serious credit to the writer for putting this all together:)

JarodCB

Souls: 50.00
Not two, but three Ashen Warriors emerge when you go down. The third one caught me off guard and let me, once again, to my death.
There are Catarine Gloves and Leggings in the room just after the Foyer bonfire. In the area with the large room blocked by switch controlled gates there is a destructible wall at the end of the hallway with 2 Fume sorcerers. The hollows that carry blackpowder kegs can be scared into the area and then blown up to destroy the wall.
The fight at the third ashen idol can be siginificantly easier if you knock down barrel carriers and wait for them to be detonated by demon
In the room with the Scorching Iron Sceptre, simply bottleneck the Ashen Crawlers in the doorway. With the right angle, they won't be able to jump at you, and once you've convinced one or two to explode, they'll take out the most of the rest. Also, the Gyrm Greatshield is perfect for this whole level, except the sorcerers.
To make the fight with the first iron warrior easier after going down the ladder look behind it, there is a hole in the bars, trought it you can see some barrels and a door in a balcony, if you hit the barrels with arrows they will explode and free the door, to access the door instead of climbing the ladder go forward and then left, this door will now be openable. Inside this room there is a hole in the bars from where you can kill with arrows some of the enemies in the room with the iron warrior.
Maldron seemed to suicide for me when he rran down the stairs.
I do not know how since I was distracted by the firebomb throwers on the stairs but that is interesting.
After the initial 5 Ashen Crawlers, there's a ladder which takes you past one floor to get to the bottom floor with Quicksword Rachel. You can roll to this middle floor if you've got Fall Control or something similar. The room contains 1 Crawler & a Dried Root. SotFS 1/7/16

JarodCB

This Guide states that you should ignore the barrel carriers before you step outside, however if you plan on fighting and evading the Iron Warrior you might accidentally awaken the other two, making it a 3 vs 1 fight that can turn pretty rough. If you want to use the room inside as a retreat I suggest killing the barrel carriers because they might blow you up when you retreat from fighting the warrior. Happened to me earlier today. Had I not ignored them, I could have lived.
Never edited but saw this was missing in the walkthrough. You can scare the barrel carrying enemies to fall down through the trapdoors. They will roam around and explode near the big guy if he spews fire on them. Only takes 2 explosions.

It took me a while (just standing there, one life), but the trick is to move away from the ladder, otherwise they'll go to a corner as they run from you. Maybe I was lucky but you can always go back to the bonfire and try again without killing yourself.

The_Kraven

Souls: 891.00
Wiki Edits: 175
I'll try to put that in the description or as a note if it's not done already. ;)
Any tips on the boss??
There is a red spirit in ng+ at second bonfire
Must be in SotFS because it's not there for me.
The 5x Silver Talisman and the Alonne Greatbow +5 found on the way to the Majestic Greatsword were removed in the Scholar of The First Sin edition.
Not true.

praXis

No mention of the Smelter Throne bonfire, or the Ashen Idol and series of invasions to get there? It's 3 lifts up from the Foyer bonfire. Go left after the 2nd one instead of right (where you find the 4x Smelter Wedge and Dispelling Ring +1).

themeridianvase

That's in the Memory of the Iron King page.
You could have mentioned the 5 NPCS invading you ;-)