Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Someoneudontknow

Souls: 100.00
Wiki Edits: 10
Is it possible that this is how item discovery works? I've wondered that for a while and it seems that each item has a drop rate tier. Maybe some items become more rare with increased discovery rate.
i doubt using luck items will help you, since you will get an item everytime and is not based on chance.
For some reason after certain amount of items traded some glowing orbs get released constantly
Oh, well yeah, the higher the item discovery the higher chance you will have to get items below 10%, the maximum percentage upgrade you can get from item discovery is 30%.
For example let's say an item has about a 0.1 percent chance to drop, well upgrading your item discovery enough will make that turn into 10% and even 30% if you work on upgrading your item discovery.
Forgot they drop Amber herb for prism stone.
So far everyone has misunderstood my question here, thus I must clarify. At the lowest tier every drop is possible making rare items even more rare. Say I was farming for the black dragon sword. If I have the minimum discovery rate then I'll be able to get the black dragon shield, or the black dragon sword, but if I have max discovery then I'll be unable to get the black dragon shield while my chances of getting the black dragon sword will go up (with an actual increase to discovery). I'm sure it's not enough to make a clear and distinct difference, but it's still something I wonder.
Oh, well yeah, the higher the item discovery the higher chance you will have to get items below 10%, the maximum percentage upgrade you can get from item discovery is 30%.
For example let's say an item has about a 0.1 percent chance to drop, well upgrading your item discovery enough will make that turn into 10% and even 30% if you work on upgrading your item discovery.
I've done it 3 times and I've only gotten the white right
The wiki says that rusted coins increase the chance of getting more rear items.
Life gem for prism stone too
ring*
I received a Demon's Great Hammer on my 4th try with a small smooth and silky stone trade. I think I was around level 25 because it took forever to buff my strength. The first item I received was an Old Whip for a Petrified Something on my first run out of Things Betwixt as the basic character. I received another Old Whip a few days ago at around level 60 for a regular smooth and silky stone. I'm starting to think these kookoo birds are a slot machine.
These people are braindead, lol. I'm pretty sure increasing discovery doesn't actually incease drop tiers, but rather increases chance of getting any drop. So, increasing discovery sometimes wil make it longer to get the drop you want, sometimes wirh no discovery you get the drop on the first time. This was the case in bloodborme so I'm sure it's similar if not identical. I don't think there' are any "drop tiers" whatsoever. I could be wrong though. Till I get proven wrong
All that said I don't really think discovery affects item chances, since every trade equates to a new item. I do still put on my discovery gear as a chance it might make me feel better about the common drops (lol)
I found that you can trade many more stones when playing on console by panning the camera so it isn't showing the nest and the stone particles. I've been able to drop like 30 with no problem
I've gotten a White Ring from the petrified Something before.
I just got the Demon's Great Hammer from a Smooth and Silky Stone
i have 5
What if you used items boosting your luck while dropping the stones, like rusty coin and I'm not aware of any other luck-boosting items. I wonder if the drop rate of rarer materials will be higher.
"You can drop all your stones without opening the menu to speed up the process"

How is that meant? So if I have 15 Stones, I can drop every one separate before I pick up the rewards? I like to get the rewards, but dropping every single Stone with opening the menu again and again is a bit frustrating...
open the inventory..then click leave .. leave one .. then click yes.. then click leave.. leave one .. then click yes..then click leave .. leave one .. then click yes.. then click leave.. leave one .. then click yes.. then click leave .. leave one .. then click yes.. then click leave.. leave one .. then click yes..

if tat helps
Wait! I wouldn't drop more than 9 at a time, I think I lost a couple when I tried dropping 12..
At least we don't have to log out for every trade any longer haha.
How would people know the crows names ? If their names are never said in any dialogue then how were they figured out ?
I'm not sure but I believe they are listed in the credits of the game with their voice actors.
VIP

Kwzprtt

Addicted
First Warden

So easely forgotten...

Souls: 408.00
Wiki Edits: 84
Credits, Books, Lore.
If humans were created in the image of God, then under these conditions, it means that we are able to become gods ourselves.
I dropped a small stone and recieved a boltstone in return. Glitch or incomplete list?
You can get anything from the list, the list just shows what you are most likely to get for each given item.
I dropped a Smooth & Silky stone and got Demon's Hammer first try lol.