What the ***** is that piece of trivia trying to say
By Anonymous
Is that trivia trying to communicate?
By Anonymous
Is that trivia trying to communicate?
By Anonymous
That's called word salad.
By Anonymous
One of the coolest weapons in Dark Souls 2. Seriously gotta appreciate the depth that this weapon got.
By Anonymous
do all alonne knights drop this?
By Anonymous
Yes, all of'em
By Anonymous
Wish fromsoft patched the captain alonne knights katana into the game as well. That would b awsome!
By Anonymous
well, this is the katana captains use aswell...
it's simply lightning infused on captains and bleed infused on knights
By Anonymous
Historically, Iaido is the genre of quickdraw techniques in quick respond to sudden attacks, considered to be a major Japanese martial art for *it's philosophical and spiritual aspects*.
Is that what the trivia is trying to say?
By Anonymous
Think it was referrring to the DS1 katana inspired by the quickdraw technique
By Anonymous
"Blacksteel", also known as "kurogane", was a form of black iron that was used for swords and armor, and was considered very strong due to its high carbon content. *the more you know theme*
By Anonymous
Kurogane is also one of japanese words for iron in general.
By Anonymous
And yet it has only 40 durability
By Anonymous
And in real life, katanas are EXTREMELY durable, yet in DS2, they're some of the most brittle weapons in the game.
By Anonymous
Yes, modern katanas are strong and sturdy. Since period katanas were made using bloom furnaces, the carbon content of the steel was actually pretty low. Smithing techniques used helped with strength and flexibility, but period katanas are nowhere close to as durable and flexible as
By Anonymous
There are many common misconceptions about katanas forged in period katanas. Like “They fold it so many times, it makes it super strong!” No. Just no. They folded it as much as they did to remove impurities. After so many folds, any strengthening is useless. I’m not saying they were horrible swords, I’m just saying they were as strong as people make them out to be. Look up how they made katanas. You’ll really be surprised. Tons (literally) of material were used to even get enough steel to make one sword. Since bloom furnaces have to draw their carbon from whatever is around it, a bloom furnace actually produces impure and low carbon steel. There are plenty of people who tried only to find out it’s a lot of work, requires more material than I’m willing to pay for, came out with “good enough” steel. Traditional katanas are so expensive because it’s a very expensive and labor intensive process. The skill is great.
By Anonymous
Whoever wrote the trivia piece needs to take tenth grade english again.
By Anonymous
I miss the special white hilt version :/
By Anonymous
Too bad for you :)
By Anonymous
So I see it's got really insane counter damage, but the base AR seems to be pretty weak and it's quite short for a katana. Am I missing something here or is this a bad weapon?
By Anonymous
yeah i feel like it's overall a worse version of the berserker blade
By Anonymous
i retract my words. I think it's actually pretty viable even compare to the berserker blade
By Anonymous
I thought so too, but the scaling is REALLY good with 50 dex and 2 handed, it all adds up to some massive hits - I really enjoy the moveset too