Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
tryhard starting pack
By Anonymous
like this is your git gud starting posters pack? casul, lol
By Anonymous
I mean, it IS a tryhard super meta weapon, are you trying to deny it? You can be a tryhard, that's your choice, denying that you are one when you're literally using the objectively best pvp weapon in the game is just either delusional or dishonest. We can frown upon people tryharding, we won't stop you from playing the game.
By Anonymous
pisses me off how much i see this weapon used in the arena
By SlaveKnightKos
Because its easy, and it does a lot of damage
By SlaveKnightKos
Also it is a total blast to use
By Anonymous
git gud casul
By Anonymous
@SlaveKnightKos I understood that reference.
By Anonymous
"What if we took the rapier, the best cheese weapon in the game, and made everything about it better for casters lol"
By Anonymous
Called the Ice Florett in my language. This thing is basically the Crystal Sage Rapiers daddy.
By Anonymous
His son seems to be total loser.
By Anonymous
Like you
By Anonymous
Does the soul spear itself do counter damage?
By Anonymous
I’m pretty sure, might have to check
By Anonymous
When people say Ds2 PvP is the most balanced
By Anonymous
It was. It just still had it's flaws. Just look at this sword as DS1's WoG but with thrust.
By Anonymous
Git gud
By Anonymous
Have you tried the Freide's Great Scythe in DS3?
Nothing will ever be more broken.
By Anonymous
Friede's Scythe is so easy to parry it's almot unusable
By Anonymous
Dear april 23 anon:shut the **** up, your annoying.
Dear august 07 anon:If you think that freides scythe is more broken than ice rapier... no, if you or anyone reading this thinks freides scythe is broken, you really, REALLY have a big misunderstanding (or no clue at all) about the ds3 meta.
By Anonymous
I didn't play DS3 yet, so I can't say about it, but keeping in mind DS1R PVP, DS2 SoTFS is at least not the most unbalanced PVP. It's much more fun and fair, and less exploits.

Also anon@14/dec/21 stop being salty and go home, nobody asked you ****.
By SlaveKnightKos
Just started using this weapon and it is a total blast. Respectable range, utility ranged attack to punish archers and sorcerers alike, and really fast. Also you can win ANY trade if you see it coming with the R2 attack, with the combination of counter damage and the double hit, I have gotten around 1500 with an un-optimized build.
By ExamplaryCat
Why tf people downvoted this he literally said he liked the weapon.
By Anonymous
People have decided they hate all rapier type weapons in PvP because they're not very good at it and so they're just being salty that he DID like it.
By Anonymous
Lol people are just salty that this guys using a meta weapon. People have to realize that players can use what they want, and that you cant just say that "No! Nobody can use this!" just because it's meta or overpowered. Man, some people are just so stupid.
By Anonymous
Nobody said they can't use the weapon, they just downvoted the guy that uses it. What are you on about? People can like meta builds but they can't dislike it?
Nobody is trying to make it illegal for someone to use this...
By Anonymous
Artus Cimber/Ring of Winter D&D reference!
By Anonymous
I fear no man.
But that, thing....
It scares me
By Anonymous
Kind of ambiguous in the description above - but the special attack is a magic projectile and infusing with magic will cause the damage of the projectile to increase. However, the damage of the projectile does not seem to be particularly affected by the actual level of the users intelligence (tested at 1 intelligence and 99 intelligence, each +0 rapier shot did roughly half of the health of the Scythe wielding jailers in the Lost Bastille). Damage also seems to be unaffected by dex scaling of the weapon as well, using similar test from above. Damage is increased slightly by magic clutch ring (~20 damage at +0). Upgrading weapon does increase damage, but not a ton (seems to be the theme in the DLC weapon, with almost all weapons having high base damage with minimal improvement to be gained from weapon upgrades)

IMHO seems like the best way to utilize would be to get min stats and just stock 3 +0 magic ice rapiers in your left hand slot just to have a powerful, spammable ranged attack - Seems way cheaper than actually farming soul spears - and you can do it on any build with only 15 dex and 11 strength.