Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

The reason darkbeast gives you little chance is because of his elemental damage. I believe that it is that way with all elemental secondary damage
Certain attacks prevent rally as well, the one that comes to mind is the standard dog variant's charge attack after running side to side.
Certain attacks prevent rally as well, the one that comes to mind is the standard dog variant's charge attack after running side to side.
Which attacks is the Paarl note referring to, were they bolt attacks? This requires more testing, but if a weapon does the same element that the enemy uses, it might not allow any regain. Was fighting the Watchdog of the Old Lords and my Burial Blade had +12 fire atk on it, when the fire atk was on the blade I could not regain anything from the dog, but removing the fire damage fixed this problem. I believe this isn't a problem against kin while using arcane type attacks though.

Old_Whovian

Souls: 112.00
Wiki Edits: 11
The page still needs to be renamed to "Rally." I don't know who has permissions to do this, but it's a minor fix that ought to be implemented.

ublug

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7,085.00
Wiki Edits: 1192
I tagged it for renaming so someone with permission will look at it.
These are very good for regen.

oddisy

Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Souls: 6,325.00
Wiki Edits: 1234
Digital manual says this is called rally
I recently discovered that you cannot regain health from the white knife wielding ghost women in the chalice dungeons not sure why though
I'd guess she is resistant to physical attacks and it's the same thing as using fire on the Watchdog of the Old Lords.
I recently discovered that you cannot regain health from the white knife wielding ghost women in the chalice dungeons not sure why though
Coolio
Whoops didn't mean to post some many copies sorry
if i put a boost rally potential gemstone in my firearm, will it boost my weapon's rally attack?
if i put a boost rally potential gemstone in my firearm, will it boost my weapon's rally attack?
As far as I can tell it will increase the amount of time you can regain, but wont increase the amount of HP you regain by attacking with your melee weapon.

WarshaperToma

Casual
Convict

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 110.00
im of the same opinion but maybe someone should test it? any takers?

ublug

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7,085.00
Wiki Edits: 1192
From the Hunter Axe description: "Boasts a heavy blunt attack, leading to high rally potential".

Are Blunt attacks more effective for rally than other damage types, or is it the "heavy" part it is referring to?
Not sure, but I find heavier weapons heal more per hit, especially with a charged strong attack. One fun thing to do with a hunter's axe is to use its two handed charged strong attack just as a group of enemies attack you; the health you lose from their attacks is immediately recovered if you hit them after they hit you (unless they take all of your health). (note) if enemies hit you while your doing a charged strong attack, you won't be staggered unless its a real heavy attack.
you can hit more than one enemy to regain more health from rally
I feel like there is more to this. my girlfriend was playing using an arcane centered build and I was healing more than she was (per hit) using a bloodtinge centered build. I also confirmed this watching letsplayers who were healing less than i (lvl20) was when they were at the end game. I think bloodtinge contributes to Rally to some degree but I'm not certain.
No it doesnt.
lower health = smaller health bar = visually bigger health gain