Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki
By Anonymous
I have 46 insight but i cant see them
By Anonymous
My best guess is you probably hadn't killed Rom.
By Anonymous
If you exact the room where the cathedral ward lantern is and look towards the roof of the building you just came out of I think that is one right there. I saw something there with 42 insight that I think is it. Plus as I was killed with frenzy mysteriously while grabbing an armor set in that area it matches up I believe.
By Anonymous
My best guess is you probably hadn't killed Rom.
By Anonymous
Look for insight on this site it will tell you you will need 50 insight
By Anonymous
They look like more evolved Kin. Especially the tentacles and the laser.
By Anonymous
I like ***
By Anonymous
Yeah ain't such thing as "lesser" amygdala. Just a particular albino one patches chooses to worship.
By Anonymous
Thank you, even the dialogue from patches suggests that they are more evolved variants (they are also larger)
By Anonymous
I like boobs
By Anonymous
Yeah ain't such thing as "lesser" amygdala. Just a particular albino one patches chooses to worship.
By Anonymous
Thank you, even the dialogue from patches suggests that they are more evolved variants (they are also larger)
By ArtorilausLaucardius
Think for a moment. If Amygdala, the boss, is a Great One (as labeled by the Trophy and other sources), then why are there many? If this was true, then there's multiple Oedons, and multiple Moon Presences. It doesn't add up for me. In my opinion, Amygdalae are kinda like the Pthumerians, [maybe a race] that existed before Man that was touched by the Great Ones? I mean, Amygdala (boss) does have little glowy things dotting her body, while the other ones (obstacles) don't, they have tentacles.
Also, notice Amygdala (boss) was paler and had SOMETHING in her head, while the others (obstacles) were darker of skin and had hollow heads, albeit they show eyes when they fire their beam.
By Anonymous
I think than they have a single mind and many bodys
By Anonymous
Sorry i wanted to write "lore in bloodborne"
By Anonymous
You're looking at it the wrong way, the more in bloodborne is heavely based on Lovecraft universe, in this unverse there are the primodials, among these beings there is one called cthulhu (amygdala) and tehre is a lesser race called the stellar seed of cthulhu, this race of beings looko exactly as cthulhu except they are smaller and less powerfu, also this race came from outer space with cthulhu and serve him un its wicked porpouses
By Anonymous
I think than they have a single mind and many bodys
By Anonymous
Even the great ones have a hierarchy. I like the think that Amygdalas are the absolute lowest tier of great one, as they are a sort of servant or slave species to the "real" great ones.
By Anonymous
those are monsters
By Anonymous
Your all high
By Anonymous
Guys can we all agree I am higher
By Anonymous
The Insight level in this discussion is too ***** high!
By Anonymous
@OP This was just FromSofts own take on Eldritch Abominations and passing onto a higher state of being, all that fun stuff. However; this isn't any take on the real world Illuminati, they made it blatantly clear this was based on HP Lovecraft.
By Anonymous
Hey, OP here, I have another theory. Maybe those are hunters!
By Anonymous
I'm higher then you
By Anonymous
im even higher
By Anonymous
I'm higher then you
By Anonymous
@OP This was just FromSofts own take on Eldritch Abominations and passing onto a higher state of being, all that fun stuff. However; this isn't any take on the real world Illuminati, they made it blatantly clear this was based on HP Lovecraft.
By Anonymous
and i'm the greatest one...
By Anonymous
You're high as a kite m8.
By Anonymous
Guys can we all agree I am higher
By Anonymous
They are larger than the amygdala that we fight, they can't be killed and the also have tentacles, which amygdala doesn't. I believe the amygdala we fight is the lesser one.
By Anonymous
So basically this is one of those lore things that has no canon and there are possibly multiple amygdalas of the same power who just decide not to ***** with you as hard as a particular one of there brothers? Seriously, he is right tho. If this community is all about tangible proof, then there's really nothing to suggest any amygdala is greater or lesser than any other amygdala which makes this page *****ing WRONG. take that you pretentious *****s.
By Anonymous
I think they're all the same AMYGDALA OH AMYGDALA. The host is in Nightmare frontier and projects it's energy into the real world
By Anonymous
Just because they're called "Great Ones" doesn't necessarily mean they are few in number. They are simply a race greater than our own. Who KNOWS how many their actually are?
By Anonymous
Going off of the nightmare projecting itself into the real world, maybe it's just a large amount of copies of the same creature, and the reason the (Greater) Amygdala doesn't use a grab attack or give frenzy is because it is too close to you and in the Nightmare Frontier it can't give Frenzy.
By Anonymous
Patches calls out to Amygdala, not the Lesser Amygdala.
By ArtorilausLaucardius
I believe that Amygdala isn't even a Great One, considering the multiple Amygdalae we find scattered in the Waking World/Nightmare World. I believe that they might just be like the Pthumerians, things that existed before Man, and were touched/embraced by the Great Ones. Maybe the Amygdala (Boss) was the most gifted, considering the glowy things on her body, maybe, but everything in this game is speculation really. :/
By Anonymous
Well it doesn't call itself Amygdala, it calls out to Amygdala when it sends you to the Lecture Building (the only path to the real Amygdala)
By Anonymous
The Amygdala in the frontier can DEFINITELY frenzy you if it grabs you. It's not instant like the others in the waking world.
By Anonymous
Can you somehow get rid of them? Even after you kill Amygdala they won't move.
By Anonymous
Yes, but you have to pull your pants down first and offer your anus to allah. It's the only way!
By Anonymous
Can you fight the one on the Cathedral Ward?
By Anonymous
nope they will appear with 40 insight, but when you defeat rom, they will be there no matter how many insight you have, each time you beat a boss the time changes, after rom, the time changes where the blood moon appears revealing the invisible amygdala, throughout the game they are in the same spots, just invisible
By Anonymous
There is no way to get rid of them or "re-hide" them after Rom is defeated.
By Anonymous
I think that you can see him BEFORE beating Rom if you have 40+ insight. When you defeat Rom he will be visible with less than 40 Insight, i could see him with just 35 :)
By Anonymous
yeah. I can see the one outside Cathedral ward with 23 insight
By Anonymous
^ this. When you beat Rom (spoilers) the sky changes and then they're visible. Or having 40 insight makes them visible.
By Anonymous
its not a mistake or a bug
By Anonymous
yeah. I can see the one outside Cathedral ward with 23 insight
By Anonymous
I can't believe one of them is right outside the Cathedral Ward exit, *shudders*
By Anonymous
The cathedral is harmful itself though. (Spoiler) If you try to bring the beggar inside after he transforms, he will be damaged by the area itself.
By Anonymous
It's probably the real reason why beasts stay away from the Cathedral, most beasts seem to avoid hanging out near the Lesser Amygdala. Probably due to fear or something, considering Amygdala is the center of the brain said to be responsible for emotional responses like fear, anger, and disgust.
By Anonymous
The guy on the floor in the Cathedral Ward says it's the incense that masks our scent and keeps beasts away.
By Anonymous
I knew they were big. I knew what circumstances you could see them under. But, dammit, I was not ready for it in game after defeating Rom, when it drops you in that room off the path to the right of the Grand Cathedral. "WHOA. HEY. HEY. HEY. WHOA. WHAT? WHOA."
By Anonymous
How do you get back there if he grabs you befor you activate the lamp?
By Anonymous
That one scared the ***** out of me as well, the sheer size of it, and just looking down on you really makes you feel insignificant, and thats despite them not even being the largest creatures in the game
By Anonymous
I like bacon.
By Anonymous
That one killed me :/ just by crushing me and dropping me , didn't even now they existed at the time . Lost 80000 blood echoes
By Anonymous
I agree, was terrified, I knew what they were but still, s**t myself
By Anonymous
Tap freely to reduce half the tolerance