Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki
By EldritchImagination
Posts Posts Avatar
The only thing I personally don't like about it is the feathers. Other than that, great looking armor. It's actually a mix of bone ash and chainmail.
By Anonymous
The legs seem to clip through the "skirt" and the chainmail bit in the front disappears when you swing a weapon. That's my only real issue with it.
By Anonymous
i swear this armor designed for women only. whenever i see a male hunter rock this it look sus af like they got feather skirts and ***** with chain mail shirt from paris fashion week rick owens collection comme de ***** on ***** nigga
By Anonymous
Yes, because nothing is more feminine than a mask nearly the same as a skull, ragged robes and gloves which make your arms look like a skeleton's.
By Anonymous
I'm sorry. I can't take anyone seriously when they end their poorly constructed sentence of horrible grammar with a swear word salad.
By Anonymous
I agree fully with the OP, this ***** does look sus as *****. I like it though.
By Anonymous
It's like the people complaining about this one have never worn mage's robes in other games. It's like a mage version of the daedric armor in Skyrim.
By Anonymous
Is "sus" a word? People need to grow up. It makes you look like the grim reaper or a Nazgul when you have the burial blade. That's bad *** in my book, regardless of what gender you think it's meant for.
By Anonymous
Well aren't you just a pleasant fellow.
By Anonymous
Yes, because nothing is more feminine than a mask nearly the same as a skull, ragged robes and gloves which make your arms look like a skeleton's.
By Anonymous
If you look under the mask of this set you can see your Hunter is missing beneath the mask
By Anonymous
Oh, True!
By Anonymous
There are actually 8 eye holes, like a channeler from ds
By Anonymous
I mean really? A ceremony of flame that cremates body and soul? such as linking the fire? An armor of ash and bone? Companionship forged in a certain sin (this coming specifically when we get the Scholar of the First Sin for DS2?) This is one gigantic exclamation mark linking bloodborne to DS and DS 2 and it's not even subtle ...
By Anonymous
the term "Great one" just links it to demon souls, enforcing the bond.
By Anonymous
@LukeAura Whether it grants eternal life is debatable, but we do know that Gwynn certainly did not DIE from his own attempt to link the flame :o. Similarly, we never even see what happens to the chosen undead after linking the flame in DaS1 or DaS2 (the latter of which assumes that the chosen undead hypothetically chose to link the flame while upon the throne of want), so no one can actually say for certain whether it actually prolongs one's life in some way, whether that be through hollowing or some other mechanic. Just my $0.02.
By LukeAura
It's a reference, not a link. Like all the allusions to Berserk. It still uses the terminology of Bloodborne, "Great Ones", Not lords. And linking the fire certainly does not grant eternal life.
By Anonymous
there are many hints to previous souls games throughout bloodborne
By Anonymous
I don't think that it links the two completely seperate storylines together, just thinks that this is so that we can remember who made the games, if someone were to forget
By Anonymous
You do realize the entire Chalice Dungeon setup is meant to emulate Dark Souls, right?
By Anonymous
LukeAura is talking sense.

Also, @anon 05 Jul 2016 - the term "Great One" isn't so much a link to DeS as it is to HP Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos.
By Anonymous
You can gain eternal life by linking the fire. If you couldnt ludleth would have never been in ds3. Also the undead ashen ones dont die and the armor says that's what the keepers are. Lastly the watch dogs of the old lords are in dark spuls 3. You meet the first one on the bridge to londo.
By Anonymous
there are multiple ptuhmerian labyrinth chalice dungeons make sure you do the ''Central'' version to obtain this set
By Anonymous
i have defeated the second boss at the pthumerian labyrinth center and this set is not available for me ay the insight vendor. is there an additional prerequisite?
By Anonymous
What i like the most is how well the Leggings fit with Eileen armor and that it finally made a chalice dungeon worth it .
By Anonymous
It has to be the Centre pthumerian labyrinth...you get the chalice after defeating the 3rd boss in the regular pthumerian labyrinth
By Anonymous
I was going to say it looked like "Big Hat" Logan's set.
By Anonymous
The leggings look absolutely incredible with the Crowfeather body its insane. The other parts are cool too though. I wish we had even just one more "metal-ish" set in this game, even if it were like light armor and I'd be set. Plenty of mix-match opportunity then.
By Anonymous
Some could say....it looks NITO.....keheheheheh--kill me
By Anonymous
Some could say....it looks NITO.....keheheheheh--kill me
By Anonymous
I have also beaten this boss multiple times. Is there something I am missing? I am not able to buy the set from my insight messengers.
By Anonymous
It has to be the Centre pthumerian labyrinth...you get the chalice after defeating the 3rd boss in the regular pthumerian labyrinth
By Anonymous
There is a more "metal-ish" armor set. The Cainhurst armor looks more like a classic suit of armor.
By Anonymous
It's badass set!
By Anonymous
My mind jumped instantly to the Maiden in Black and the Monumentals.
By Anonymous
This comment section is cancer. But as far as the armor goes, pretty wicked. The high bolt/flame resist helps in pvp to counter the papers.
By Anonymous
It looks bleh on male hunters >.>
By Anonymous
I think it's actually a female armor. all npcs that you fight (those that are npc hunters in this garb) are all girls.