Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

People *****ing about the Evelyn. But seriously, fight the Vileblood in the Cathedral (Eileen quest) at around lvl 50-65. Use the evelyn then use the rifle. You will notice the difference immediately.

The piercing file is like the Ludwig, but instead of a spread, its bullets go in a straight line. What do I mean. Each shot is like a comet, you have the front and a tail. Even if the front doesn't hit, if someone dodges into the back end of the shot, they still will get hit and even parried. This works wonders against Hunters like the Cainhurst Vileblood and Maria who use the Old Hunters Bone or those Crazy Scythe wielding guys in the dungeon.

The people below saying the Evelyn is superior don't know what they are talking about. There is a trade-off. Evelyn shots faster but it only has one bullet. Piercing rifle is slower but it shots several bullets in a straight line, increasing the chance of hitting your opponent if he dodges into the back end of the shot. If you're a strength build (using the BC saw, wheel, arm, hammer, etc), I would recommend the Evelyn, but if you're a skill build, I would use the piercing rifle b/c you can still get off a quick attack after shooting.

November

Souls: 205.00
Wiki Edits: 26
Also, Piercing Rifle has half of Evelyn's bloodtinge requirement, so if you've been busy investing points into other stats, this is your go-to arm.

November

Souls: 205.00
Wiki Edits: 26
You are correct. I wouldn't call Evelyn OP weapon that is universally versatile.

Overall they're both good, and excel at different situations. Luckily, we aren't restricted to one weapon.
First, it depends on your Bloodtinge level. Evelyn is a weapon focused on hunter with high level in Bloodtinge. If your goal is to reach 40 or 50 (or even more) in Bloodtinge, Evelyn will must be your primary firearm. Second, the difference between Evelyn and Piercing Rifle is similar to that one there's between the Hunter's Blunderbuss and the Hunter's pistol. Pistols are more precise and viscerals are easier, PR and HB have more chances to hit the target (but with less accurate shot, so parry is more difficult) and they can stagger. But the more efficacy from pistols is a plus for me.
I managed to be her by parrying with this thing it felt really good
Is that why you said it twice? Because you are two people?
no i used it to become her, we are now one
*Beat*
no i used it to become her, we are now one
Which is better?
Except it actually does pierce enemies lol
Except it does actually pierce enemies lol
Evelyn would still the best pistol gun in the game.
Evelyn.
You dont need to repost 5 times...
It doesn't really pierce through enemies though.
Now i'm not sure if this has been reported somewhere, but this weapon seems to stun smaller scurrying beasts making them basically stop moving, not sure if level of weapon or damage matters. Havent tested it on larger scurrying beasts. Either way it's been hecka useful
Any ideas why this gun is categorized as a Church firearm? It certainly doesn't look like one. Without reading the description, I thought it was Powder Keg.
Mission accomplished
No idea
Maybe the Oto Workshop was, in its day, a humble branch of the Church workshop, and the transition to the Powder Kegs occurred at some point around the time they were branded heretics (and thus no longer affiliated with the Church, to say the least)? Just a guess, I'm sure someone out there must know more about the lore of the Powder Kegs than I do. In any case, I kinda wish they had their own category in the storage... I mean, they certainly created enough weapons to deserve one.
My mission was to provide useless information
Before picking this weapon up I had used both the Hunter's pistol and Hunter's Blunderbuss a lot, and sometimes the others. However I'm finding it much easier for me to score visceral attacks on pretty much everything, so it's been quite a welcomed weapon.
I'm surprised how prevalent this weapon has become in the pvp scene. It does almost no damage even when I have low blood defenses and it rarely lands parry attacks even in pve let alone the occasional lag fest that is pvp. Why has this become so popular? Is it the lower bloodtinge requirement? Or are people just nerdgasming over dlc weapons? I for one, am sticking with my tried and true Evelyn. Even if I don't land the parry, I'm dealing ~250 damage in a single shot.
Evelyn will always do more damage under balanced tests, but if someone doesn't have 50 bloodtinge, their firearm of choice is a bit more personal preference than for damage. At the moment a lot of people are just trying out the new weapons, but I wouldn't be surprised to see people using it much later for the pierce effect and long trail.
The piercing rifle is worse than the Evelyn but it looks ***** cool. It has low damage but the style and bullet design is worth it. You can't spam with the Piercing Rifle and actually have to predict and not react like you would with the Evelyn. Alltogether, PvP: Wanna have fun? Use the Piercing Rifle. Wanna win like a *****? Use the Evelyn. Wanna look like a badass sniper? Use the Piercing Rifle. Wanna look like a dumbass randomly shooting bullets that do bull*****tingly high damage? Use the Evelyn. Wanna actually have to be skilled? Use the Piercing Rifle. Wanna stay a noob? Use the Evelyn. Granted the purpose of the Piercing Rifle is for multiple opponents and the Evelyn's purpose is for strictly 1v1, the Piercing Rifle is still viable and practical in a 1v1. The good thing about the Piercing Rifle (other than fashion) is that it requires a good amount of skill, creativity, and dedication to use properly.
Don't people realize when they claim to be skilled and call others noobs that we all think they are some jimmy from gta v.
So much butt hurt
So much butt hurt
Also, don't complain about a wep (the Evelyn) for it being more suited to 1v1 as it was intended. The piercing rifle was intended for groups, so stop moaning like a ***** about the Evelyn.
OP is a dork.
Don't people realize when they claim to be skilled and call others noobs that we all think they are some jimmy from gta v.
So, what I'm getting from this is that I should definitely use the Evelyn, right?
So much butt hurt
Evelyn is for people that don't have skill
"Evelyn is better and I use something that's terrible and only meant for PvE, therefore the Evelyn is for scrubs and everyone who uses it is gay and/or a casul."
OP is a ***
So much butt hurt
only meant for pve? grannnnnt youuu some seeeeense
style? this rifle looks ugly AF. you have **** taste.
Definitely would use the Evelyn over the PR.

Dalerik

Souls: 29.00
I've used it and i can't seem to find any sort of effect? it just seems like a slower rifle, it doesn't have increased range, it doesn't have high damage. the only thing it does have is a unique bullet trail (which first made me think it had an effect) the only thing i haven't checked is what it does in PvP.

as of right now it only does a few more points than my Evelyn but evelyn has faster firing. so it seems kind of pointless?

Old_Whovian

Souls: 112.00
Wiki Edits: 11
It's a good weapon...if you have a 50 Bloodtinge, a max bloodtinge gem, it's leveled up to +10, buffed with Bone Marrow Ash, and there happen to be a line of low level enemies waiting for you to shoot.
That's because you are an uncultured brute. Smashing things like a caveman.
I can think of a couple 2v1 instances when this might be effective. Cainhurst castle might make for a good testing ground.
^
^
LMFAO that pretty useless....

I rather use Boom Hammer to smash them into pieces.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,066.50
Wiki Edits: 301
It says in the description, narrow city streets. Doorways would be another good example.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
Isn't it obvious? It pierces through enemies.
Was someone ever in a situation with multiple enemies in a straigh line to make use of that piercing effect ? I can't remind of any.
hahahahaha^
Now Im not sure on how to master the weapon itself but I can go in depth to say that the weapon is a powder rifle with a incredibly fast piercing shot meant to cause blood type damage, but not well culminated to parrying
You can parry with it if you time it correctly, it also seems to have increased poise damage as anyone shot with it seems to stagger, even with Lead Elixer
If i am correct it is used in the old hunter's essence achievement which is all Old Hunter weapons (and firearms?)