Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

what if i put a str scaling gem (one from chalice dungeon) on this? wouldnt the scaling go up to like B or A and be excellent for a quality build? thanks
psn: TitNinja
what about on a quality buld with 50 str 40 skll? thanks again
Hey TitNinja. I have a 50/50 str/skill, and with a heavy abyssal and 2x 27,2% gems the AR is 650. you can have this same AR (650) in a pure skill build at 10/75 str/skill with 3 x 27,2% gems. Rakuyo is great if you use it 1 handed and not like a Helicopter. Btw we were on the last tourney. psn: lhnobre

November

Souls: 205.00
Wiki Edits: 26
To add to written above, you'd be losing a gem slot which you'd better imbued with some phys+ gem. It will work, technically, but not as great as on skill build.
Nope. It'd suck
Ok not my proudest fight but you can do the following:

1: go to the winter lantern lookout
2: use the monicular to get a shot at the one in the back with a throwing knife
3: get the TCane in whip mode and slash the ***** out of the shark from the balcony.

Try just to get he timing right or they will punish you!
Nice! Would it be worth lobbing poison knives at this point? That lookout looks pretty safe, but given how everyone is trying to do it via going down the well I wondered if there's something I'm missing...
I actually found it very easy to go to the ledge, dagger the far shark using the monocular, and then pummelling then with the boom hammers aoe attack from the ledge. Just watch the range, and sneak your attack in just after they have finished theirs.
I have no idea what laughing joking numbnutts thought it was funny to suggest this on the double shark ogre fight, but it's literally the worst idea ever. Not only do they phase clean through each other when attacking, making hitting one without getting hit by the other basically impossible given the obnoxiously unbearably long length of the attack animation (which in my opinion makes this weapon basically worthless in anyways) But aside from all that, given their huge health pool and the insanely short duration of the effect of this blade, should you actually manage to land the hit neither of them will even be down 1/4th of their health by the time it's done, because instead of all their insane attacks when fighting you, when fighting each other they just stand their absently bopping each other on the head.

The result of attempting this strategy is about a dozen of the most obnoxious frustrating deaths you will ever experience, cause just fighting these guys normally as is without trying to land a hit with a weapon that has a 10 second time delay is frustrating enough as is... followed by a few brief seconds of theses things playing patty cake and then the fight continuing as normal.

Just fighting them normally would have saved me hours of grief and misery and likely a stomach ulcer, so to whomever suggest this, please kindly go kick yourself in the balls. Thank you.
Shaman Bone Blade works just fine, you just don't know what you're doing. You beat up the first one, SBB him as soon as the second one drops, get out of the *****ed way, and let them fight. When one or the other is about to go down, clean them up and then finish the fight with the victor. If a scrub-tier like me can make that work, no one else has any excuse for screwing it up.
Couldn't agree more, I've tried 6 times so far and get destroyed by the one I'm not attacking. It's ridiculous, I guarantee when I get this weapon it'll be pointless. They dun goof'd right here.
Couldn't agree more, I've tried 6 times so far and get destroyed by the one I'm not attacking. It's ridiculous, I guarantee when I get this weapon it'll be pointless. They dun goof'd right here.
You gotta shank the ceiling guy whilst anchor boy is on the other side. Basically leg it up the ladder as soon as you get him to drop, then let their aggro reset. This makes anchor boy pile drive the other.
I am wondering if sniping from the Winter Lantern spot would be best now though...
I've experienced this glitch as well, so I understand your frustration. The Sharks would just attack eachother only for their attacks to phase through each-other dealing no damage - this happened consistently a good four times so I assume it's an intended feature and not just an outright glitch.

Your best bet when this starts to happen is to approach the battling sharks from behind whilst they glitch through one another and smack them with charge attacks.
Shaman bone is 50% of the time pure luck. These fumbling, bumbling ***** clowns will sometimes dance around one another and even hug each other. Yeah, these two lumbering *****ups can miss each other when literally 1 inch away but when I'm on the other side of the room he'll dolphin dive to heaven itself and pummel me into slug food.
You dont know how to use it clearly... videos of people doing it are all over Youtube and it helped me get the weapon on two chars the first time trying
Heh, just used the Shaman Bone Blade tactic at a lowly level 32. Works fine! :D
Yeah these sharks are complete bastards, i've attempted them about 30 times now and so far have only managed to kill one and get the other down to a sliver before getting killed. The fact they can ghost through each other makes fighting them both at the same time a near impossibility and that shamen bone's reach is terrible that you can get wiped out trying to get close enough.
I dunno, worked for me first time. Just leg it back up the ladder when the second one drops, wait for anchor boy to stop being angry and start patrolling again. Slide down the ladder when he's on the other side, quickly sidestep and stab the guy who dropped down, then get back up the ladder (might take some running around until you've got an opportunity). Anchor guy will likely be the victor, despite being crippled he does way too much damage.
The Transformed R2 combo appears entirely thrust, the 2nd and 4th attack seem like thrust. but is it considered thrust damage? if that's the case, the rakuyo could be a pretty awesome kin weapon like the chuch pick
it is. whenever I encounter kin, I trick Rakuyo and r2 them to death.
We have won~

The scent of the Rakuyo users blood . . .

It's enough to make even a priest-beast like me sick~
I've been seeing this guy everywhere, and now I don't want to use the Beast Embrace rune anymore...
I thought it turned you into a beast, not a freak!
I've been seeing this guy everywhere, and now I don't want to use the Beast Embrace rune anymore...
I thought it turned you into a beast, not a freak!
My brothers, we must congregate to purge these Yharnam streets of the disease and cancer known as the "Rakuyo". With our beastly rigour we shall plunge our fists into the flesh of man and rip the disease from his body. Only then can this "Rakuyo" be eliminated. Those broken hit boxes, that inhuman armour with each spin! The all around edginess of the weapon itself! Such weapons are an insult to us beasts! They called us weak; pathetic. "The range was pathetic" they said; "Tracking was poor" the bellowed; "Rally was minimal" they cried!
But my brothers and sisters of this Beastly chapel, we have been given a gift. We have been given an embrace by the Bloodletter itself! With this new-found strength I employ you, my brethren!
Say no to the Rakyo!

No Rakuyo

No Rakuyo

No Rakuyo!

And to all you Rakuyo wielders out there . . . We defy you and your ghost range!

We are coming for you and we will not stop the mauling until your bodies are littered with gashes, lacerations and bruises . . .

<>
Ah, isn't this a pip!?
*Amygdala watches from afar*
***** these humans are weird. This is why I trust spiders.
Indeed, concluding the offensive ones, it truly is a small world, huh?
Elevated Autism levels detected.
So what about the ***** chikage bloodtinge cancers. eh?
Well, role playing or not hes right. Rakuyo is like a cancer in this game(got stun locked into oblivion) yeah...where's the joy in pvp when a person can take you down with basic R1 spam. -__-
Ah, isn't this a pip!?
-When drawn in close by visceral, bites onto throat- Only if you come with me, *****! -tears out throat and dies via visceral-
oh goodness, a pair of special snowflakes.
Remove kebab. Kill all aspergers.
You find the weirdest people on gaming websites.
Well, role playing or not hes right. Rakuyo is like a cancer in this game(got stun locked into oblivion) yeah...where's the joy in pvp when a person can take you down with basic R1 spam. -__-

November

Is leveling arcane worth it for Rakuyo?

Seeing how it has no arcane damage, leveling up arcane does not influence damage, right? Unless you use gems, of course.

November

Sure. I just hoped I'd be like BoM or Burial Blade. On those, arcane is really useful because they do both phys and arcane dmg.
thats right. I purely level up my dex

November

Once my arcane is high enough to outshine those phys+ gems)

As for elemental weapons, I'd rather buff phys one with paper or shell, because if you're bound to one element you'll destroy one type of enemy, but be weak against another.

Thanks for advice.

November

Thanks. Just odd that they'd put arcane scaling for some reason.

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 1,855.00
Bank: 85,038.50
Wiki Edits: 14709
Ya but seriously, just about everything is weak or at least vulnerable to fire. The other two are pretty marginal by comparison.
Shop IconShop Icon
It's if you switch its element to one of the three arcane scaling types.

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Ya but seriously, just about everything is weak or at least vulnerable to fire. The other two are pretty marginal by comparison.
Shop IconShop Icon

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Oh, and seek out gems that increase arcane scaling.
Shop IconShop Icon

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Magic is kind of a runt in this game. But you can make very useful Fire weapons

On the whole, just go with physical if you want be good against everything.
Shop IconShop Icon
Was anyone else hoping the rakuyo would be like the twinblades from DS2?
Jar'kai is also useful to double bladers but year a twinblade would have been a welcome addition. Sadly no Juyo for us.
Yes! I was hoing for Darth Maul, and instead got Jar'Kai. :(
#deepstarwarsreference
I wonder if you're suppose to lure a winter lantern down there and it may kill the sharks
the thing is why the hell are they there in the most random place ever
What are in random places? The lanterns or fishmen?
the thing is why the hell are they there in the most random place ever