Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Fiddlesticks

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 715.00
Wiki Edits: 111
Read the accursed brew item description. The raid at the fishing hamlet also involved searching for eyes inside their skulls. Line our eyes with brains was Master Willems advice on how to ascend and Kin are ascended humans, closer to great one status, but not quite there. I think the many parasites from the corpse of Kos converted the people into fishmen kin. There are many slugs and obviously alien creepy crawlies everywhere. As food in barrels and on corpses. Ive also tried visceral attacking one, no red blood, just a discolored liquid similar to Kin blood.

Fiddlesticks

Addicted
First Warden

Nevermind, just tested, Kin weapons dont deal extra damage, definitely not kin. But lore does suggest that the raid suspected they were kin, we also have some corpses in the village that have kin cold blood...maybe not everyone ascended to kin? Makes sense, thats why some fishmen are still alive. The byrgenwerth raid deemed them useless and left them alone. Or maybe they just hid. Could also be that they werent kin, and the whole massacre civilians and poke holes in their skulls part of the raid was a mistake, as after slaying a bunch of people, they did not find what they were looking for. So they just took crap from the body of Kos and left?

Fiddlesticks

Addicted
First Warden

crap, correction, Line our brains with eyes...OTL
My personal theory is that the eyes taken from the villagers were incorporated into Rom, but they also found the carcass of Kos and pilfered her remains for the Parasites. As of that time, the Orphan was seemingly not present as it probably would have *****ed up anyone that got close, so it mustn't have been until the Healing Church attempted to return to the village that the Orphan was born/created.

I wonder, do beast gems work against the fishmen? They have a weakness to fire, which is typical of beasts, but they're obviously smarter than most beasts....
It's so incredibly badass catching their cleaver with your pistol when you have about 10 HP left.
Two of the cleaver fishmen also appear in the hut where you find the Harrowed set, not just in the latter half of the village. I'd argue the most dangerous one of all is found in this hut, because if you don't know he's there, he'll drop down from the rafters and use his momentum to instantly pin you down and initiate the grab attack. The other is casually hacking away at the corpse of the Hunter that grants the Harrowed set.

Also keep in mind that they appear to gain hyper armor when they reach out to grab you, so instead of trying to disrupt the attack, just dodge backwards.