Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki
By Anonymous
Can I use this on a STR/ARC build and not look like a dufus?
By Anonymous
I think its better to use wheel for that. This is more of a quality weapon. You´ll need at least a bit investment in Skill stat for this thing.
By Anonymous
It has only happened once since it is difficult to hit people without lead elixirs, or precise timing, but I was able to perform a parry on a host with the fully charged R2 of the stake driver. This was at a much lower level (like BL 30), so the charged R2 didn't do a full health bar of damage. However, due to this sad fact, I was able to witness the most amazing parry I've ever done! It was so cool to see my character just punch the host straight in the gut as he charged at me for an attack. So, seeing as that happened, I'm assuming the blast of the charged R2 is considered on the same baseline as a QS bullet from a firearm that doesn't actually waste a QS bullet. Though you won't be able to see much of this in high-level PvP since the darn thing just obliterates any man, woman, child, or horrid beast in its wake, it's something cool to see and try to pull off in lower level PvP. I wish it could be done more often, but it's more based on luck and incredible timing than anything else. Besides all of that nonsense though, this weapon is a solid pick for a quality build. I use it with my "Tactician" build along with the Scythe. Using it with multiple items such as molotovs/rope-molotovs, elixirs, Hunter tools, etc. will bring out the best in this weapon. Solo, I'd say it is decent, with very good DPS, but it is much more fun paired with more equipment.
By Anonymous
Hi, 3 dungeons from the b4 4 glyphes for the uncanny version was not working for me (glyphe not found), on the way to collect more ritual blood 3, i found another dungeon with the uncanny stake diver into. Ive edited the page with the new glyphes. Maybe some registered people with erase the 3 not working ? Because as guest, i would not delete something
By Anonymous
I just started playing Bloodborne, and it's my first run through with 32 levels. Vit 18 End 16 Str 18 Skl 13 Tinge 9 Arc 8. Is it worth spending the 8k echoes on this at this point in the game? I have the Saw Spear at +3 right now, and the Axe at +2. Or should I put that 8K towards another level/stat point?
By Anonymous
The R1 damage is really good and the L1R2 max charged deals a massive amount of damage.
By Anonymous
Buy the Stake driver, pronto. Dunno about the rest of you, but my grandfather always told me: ''Son, never ***** around with someone who believes that a pneumatic powered stake is a weapon fit for battle.'' Solid advice if you ask me.
By Anonymous
your grandfather was really specific
By Anonymous
so I was thinking it wuold be somewhat of a quality build, but moreso a Strength build... was gonna do 50STR and 25 Dex to maximize the scaling for each stat on this weapon. Does that seem reasonable? or would doing a more even quality build with 40/40 be better? I"ve never made a quality build in this game so not sure how they work. I guess in dark souls my quality build was 50/35, so that's possible too...
By Anonymous
Any weapon that scales with both STR and SKL will benefit from having high levels in both stats but the Stake Driver seems to scale more with STR than SKL. You can't go wrong with the soft caps. I think 50STR and 25 SKL would be optimal for this weapon.
By B3hr
Made some updates to this page. It looks like someone was in the midst of changing it up, but stopped before anything meaningful was done.

To me, the Stake Driver is one of the weirdest weapons in Bloodborne, but considering the heavy Victorian/steam punk theme going on, it's kinda hard to not have a Pile Bunker in Bloodborne.
By Anonymous
someone should edit that you can just stunlock Djura over the cliff then reload the game to find his gear at his regular location
By Anonymous
someone should edit that you can just stunlock Djura over the cliff then reload the game to find his gear at his regular location
By Anonymous
New idea focused on the super charge-attack: use beast roar or auger of ebrietas to nock foe down then get above them and start charging the attack up. Hopefully the attack will get them before they can dodge
By B3hr
A friend of mine tried this before, but the charge-up from the transformed R2 simply takes too long. Furthermore, the victim can time their dodge to completely avoid the attack when they get up.
By Anonymous
I haven't been able to test this yet so it probably won't work
By Anonymous
Anyone know if this a good weapon for a build that only goes on End, Dex, and Bloodtinge?
By Anonymous
Rifle spear
By Anonymous
Well, I tried this weapon, it's pretty awesome, but bloodtinge and endurance are unnecessary. Skill and Strenght are best options for it. I'm having a blast, I didn't lose any PVP fight with the weapon.
By Anonymous
What if you put fire blood gems on it. Does the charge attack change
By B3hr
When you convert a weapon using blood gems into an element, ALL the damage done by that weapon will become that element. So in the case of the fire blood gem, yes the charge attack will do fire damage.