Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki
By Q91
Posts Avatar
Doing a Viscerial Attack still spawns the maggots, so it seems to be flame based attacks stops them from being spawned
By Anonymous
Makes sense they would burne to death
By Anonymous
I think that these should be called darkbeasts. They have electrical powers, which darkbeasts are mentioned to have in the description of bolt paper, and they are skeletal like Darkbeast Paarl. Their face also resembles Paarl, just a weathered-looking skull with sunken eyes. What do you guys think?
By HazamaOuroborous
Chalice Dungeon boss version calls it a Loran Silverbeast, unlike Paarl, who's called the Loran Darkbeast :)
By Fallenangel700
Posts Avatar
I'd vote for Nightmare beast, as they are a nightmare combination of everything a hunter could fear. The beasts, the worms (both the spawns and it's worm attack), the infected mobs (with the torch), the pyromancers, the darkbeasts, all can be found in some form in these beasts, thus making them the ultimate nightmare.
By Anonymous
The Gug comparison especially makes sense since Gugs can be found in an alternate dimension accessible only by dreams (nightmares, in this case).
By Anonymous
I noticed that killing them with fire damage prevents the Hateful Maggots from spawning. At least, it did with my fire damage hunter axe.
By Anonymous
sideways werewolf
By Anonymous
Fire damage does stop them from dropping Maggots, confirmed with fire enchanted weapon as well as the Hunter's Torch.
By Anonymous
These enemies could be based on the Gug monsters from the Cthulhu mythos. They have a similar lanky build, light grey fur, and their heads are mostly a massive, sideways mouth
By Anonymous
The chalice boss form is called a Loran Silverbeast, so I'm inclined to keep calling it a Silverbeast. They clearly bear some relation to Darkbeasts, but they're also clearly distinct.
By Anonymous
These enemies could be based on the Gug monsters from the Cthulhu mythos. They have a similar lanky build, light grey fur, and their heads are mostly a massive, sideways mouth
By Anonymous
almost certainly, now that you mention it. Good find!
By Anonymous
I think Loran was swallowed by the nightmare realm, like most of the collage of Bergynwerth. Think about it, The Loran silverbeasts are only found in either Loran chalice dungeons, or in the nightmare realm, the nightmare realms are both accessed via the Bergynwerth Lecture hall, and the Loran chalice is acquired from the boss in the Nightmare frontier, Frontier meaning a line or border separating two countries. That's what happened to Loran, and what is happening to Yharnem. The beings of the nightmare realm are engulfing lands in reality, bringing them into the nightmare, and turning the inhabitants into beasts and madmen.
By Anonymous
I think you're right. The silverbeasts could be the remaining pthumerians who have undergone a transformation into beasthood - their being silver and more mutated could be explained by their being incredibly old - an ancient race who experienced the same catastrophies of yharnam thousands of years before.
By Anonymous
Who comes up with all this crap posted in the lore section? There is no relation between the Moon Presence and this thing. It just sounds like someone pulling crap out of their arse and smearing it throughout all the enemy pages. One persons far-fetched and frankly, horrendously stupid half-baked thoughts (if you can even call them such) should not be plastered to these pages like some cheap ill written blog constructed by a 10 year old child whose idiot parents let him run wantonly throughout the internet spreading the very idiocy that gave birth just such a miscreant fool.
By Anonymous
Their is zero connection unless moon presence started it and that's it there creatures mutated by a plague into several new species
By Anonymous
Well, in a certain, very weak way, they ARE related to the Moon Presence if you consider that she might be responsible for all that is happening :o
By BootlegSkeleton
Yeah, sadly a lot of the wiki is in this state. I even started an account in the hopes that I can fix some of this stuff and not have it immediately reverted back.
By winniethepootietang
wow dude chill out… all they did is write their opinion.. not that serious...
By Anonymous
Considering their appearance, and their ability to use bolt, perhaps silverbeasts are young versions of the Darkbeasts? It would fill a link in the transformation tree of beasts. The link between the Wolf Beast and the Darkbeast.
By Anonymous
I meant addictive
By Anonymous
Not possible the scavenger who turned into a vile beast indicates viles can change back 1v1 with you he changes meaning that's how he most likely fights actual threats like a group of people similar to the group you find him next to silver beast are feral and 100% beast meaning they wouldn't be smart enough to minipulate people in to leading them to food like him and make beast blood pellets or pay major threats off and trie to get them addicted ( from what he says when giving you pellets I think their addicted) plus after his transformation his fur is coursing with electricity wich matches the dark beast
By Anonymous
Their faces make everything worse
By Anonymous
Killing it with fire is actually useful.
By Anonymous
Serration + Fire = These Guys Are *****ing TOAST

Seriously, it only takes two standard hits to take it out with a flame-tempered saw spear. Plus, the maggots will never appear if they're burned. It's kind of sad that the coffins in the bonus rooms in the Loran Chalice Dungeons are typically guarded by these guys.