Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I was wondering which type of poison would be good for a skill/bloodtinge build. I can see the benefits of both. Rapid poison would allow for burst damage that would greatly increase the amount of damage my skill weapons do. On the otherhand slow poison would give my weapon a damage over time effect that I could activate quickly due to my weapon's quick attacks. I'm just wondering which on would be better.
Got a builds running atm, 25 skl 50 blt and it works amazing so :

Rapid poison for sure!

Skl / Blt with +10 chikage and 2-3 times +16/17/18 rapid poison gems in one Slot, and a +10 lost chikage with 2 times 27,2% phys and one 31,5% blt gems in the other slot.

you can play mindgames with your enemy by just swapping the weapon.

Maybe a +10 evelyn with a 31,5% gem to even raise the pressure, and u could always buff it with ashes, for a fast and easy ~400 finishing shot...
Hope i could help.
Hello! Wondering if anyone have the stats that is required for building up poison effects. I know in PvE the Chikage activates Rapid Poison in 3 hits. It has 30 on the page where you see the weapon stats in rapid poison. But im more in favor of the slow poison, But so far only got the number to 10, anyone knows how many hits is required to activate it on a player with average Slow Poison RES?? And yes i dont got too much good Slow poison gems so i used all 3 Gem slots to get it from 0 to 10.
my hitpoints are permanently halved by an attack of an enemy
does anybody know how to cure that???
no
no
That may be from a dungeon you are doing, cursed dungeons cause a play to only have half ho for the whole thing
Did you try to repair your weapon?
you can get it buffed but i have no idea what it does.

ublug

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7,085.00
Wiki Edits: 1192
Rally is the name of the health regain mechanic: http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/regain
It'll keep the orange bar up for longer (when you get hit the damage done is an orange bar that depletes) so you have more time to regain your health by getting in hits quickly
I am currently losing a small amount of health permanently. I have an icon of a ribcage with an arrow pointing down on the side. since i have gotten this my health has continually dropped at a steady and constant rate. i have tried many different items to get rid of it and nothing seems to work. I need to know what it is and if it is even possible to get rid of.
Please then, help me understand what I'm missing here, because it looks to me like a big one shot of damage like bleed or frenzy, not a dot like poison/toxic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw77SWP2L_A
Having Lugwig's Holy blade in second slot of weapon gives you slow rate health regen for me. Don't know why but pointing this out
the rapid poisoning works like a faster slow poisoning. That is it. It has been confirmed. It doesnt work like frenzy etc. You might just confuse Frenzy and Rapid poisoning since in some areas you can get both of them at the same time. although it is rare but possible.
I am very confident that rapid poisoning actually works like bleed/frenzy does, not like toxic/a more intense poison. Once the bar fills you take a big health hit and the bar empties out almost right away. There is no damage over time aspect. You can use antidotes to decrease the bar, but once it fills they have no effect, because the damage is done. I tested this with a rapid poisoning rat several times.
The "Cursed Radiant Damp Blood Gem" takes away -7 HP gradually. I had the same problem for a little while.
found the problem. I used a bloodgem, which reduced my gp -3 all the time.
I second rapid poisoning being 1 chunk of health, I put a bunch of rapid poison gems in blades of mercy to play around with and I just noticed chunks of extra damage.
So how do you transform ?

Klezzon

Souls: 322.00
Bank: 0.00
Most useful bloodgem ever ! XD
If you use a certain rune you won't take any damage from any enemy or boss it's hard to find as I am still looking
I am very confident that rapid poisoning actually works like bleed/frenzy does, not like toxic/a more intense poison. Once the bar fills you take a big health hit and the bar empties out almost right away. There is no damage over time aspect. You can use antidotes to decrease the bar, but once it fills they have no effect, because the damage is done.
I would love to see the full list of Status Effecst or Bust you can get, like HP gain or lost (ribcage with an arrow up or down), increased ATK with full health (it's something yellow), damped in oil (so now you are very vulnerable to fire), the red icon that you get when you equip an EYE rune. So I can know which does what.
You most likely put a cursed gem on your weapon that triggers that
so if i dont want to get obliterated by frenzy i have to spend my 99 insight?! lame
so is djuras set

Denunciation

Souls: 260.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Or memorize Frenzy Res runes. I equipped the +200 and my bar extended 3x from what it was. If i was quick enough i could kill an eye beast and not have it go off.
Crowfeather set is great for frenzy res too
Sedatives neutralizes frenzy
Farm the slime students from the nightmare for sedatives
This one took me a while to figure out, the Orange triangle icon, but it's an important one to take note of when it activates. This is the "oil" status, the same thing caused by oil jars when thrown at enemies, and it cuts ur fire resistance down by more than half. Certain vilager enemies throw oil jars, like the beginning of the forbidden forest, and some areas even have oil puddles on the ground that will trigger the same status as soon as u touch again, again like in the forest when u have to run past that river of oil while being bombed by molotovs.
in chalice dungeons that always seemed like the effect, but you couldn't be sure whenever you checked your fire resistance it stays the same.
Can anyone tell me how rapid poison damage is calculated? Is it fixed (like slow poison)? It scales with arcane? It depends on the hit that triggers it? I really would like to have a dummy to test damage (one that cant be killed).
So I got a gem which adds Rapid Posion +9.7... how exactly does this work?
I believe it works like this : there is a bar (rapid poison resistance) for every enemy (see enemy pages on the wiki) and every player determined by gear, let's say u're fighting a player with 100 rapid poison resistance, I assume it would mean that then it takes 11 (actually more, since the rapid poison bar decreases with time) hits to inflict rapid poison, though I have no idea what the flat damage is, might test it if someone is willing to do so in pvp
(R_e_m_a_s8 psn name)
Depletes* not decreases