Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

What's funny is harrow means plunder and the word harrowed doesn't exist however if you change the L for R you get hallowed. Teaching in Japan it is a normal and common mistake to swap L and R and hallowed makes more sense as it means holy or blessed just curious on your thoughts
if harrow is a verb, which it is, then harrowed is a word, just past tense
Harrowed is a word, it means looking as if you have suffered.
Okay, so I am just stopping here, and I know no one is probably gonna see this on this specific page but.. a few questions and comments:
1. I am wanting to buy bloodborne, as I kinda was out of the loop when it was released, and am only seeing it and getting hyped about it now. I've never played a dark souls game, but blood borne looks cool, fun, and challenging.
2. Given that the games a little over a year old, do people still play it? Is there an active enough community to make it worth buying? I'm afraid that it's just too outdated for anyone to play with or against me.
3. My number one thing I'm wanting to try and partially buy the game for is I want to make a true full "Corrupt Beast" build. All 3 beast runes, the "Beast's Embrace", Beast Claws, careful stat distribution, and most importantly I think that the attire on this page makes the perfect Beast character. I get giddy just thinking of invading or being invaded, and I'd simply pop the "Old Hunter's Bone", do the "Roar" emote, and charge right at them with the flying claw attack.
Never played a Dark Souls game? There's no other way to put this but you are going to be thrown to the wolves, over and over and over again!

That being said, this game will help you master out your dodging skills and especially learn humility. Unlike Dark Souls, you cannot "Tank" out your character for the only real defense in the game is your dodge skills. Armor only lessens the hurt, much like wearing bike helmet to an oncoming Mac truck at 55 MPH! Lol!

As for your idea of a "Beast" charater, I strongly suggest you first learn the basics of the game and/or get a feel for it first.

That build is for very advanced gameplay, especially in PVP and getting the claws alone takes a degree of effort when playing for the first time.

The beast buff effect makes you more powerful but at the cost of receiving more damage. Also the beast claws has junk scaling but they are fast and the beast buff makes up for the terrible scaling. As for an outfit, I recommend the Ashen Hunter set for it has one of the highest beast-hood build up effect. Looks cool TIP: Djura can easily be killed by locking into him as you climb to the top of the building and keep shooting him till he falls off. Quit and relaunch the game and the Powder keg badge will be waiting for you to pick up. However, feel free to take him on honorably but know he will NOT go down easy this way. Or agree not to hurt the beast and good luck with that! :P

The only problem I can see if you getting the claws for they are located in an advanced dungeon (also you need to kill a god to get the chalice and the required ingredients for the ritual isn't easy to get without a medium/high arcane stat. Arcane boosts drop rate for goods from fallen foes is what I'm saying) and the monsters there in the dungeon hit REALLY hard! Like 500-800 damage each swing and let's not forget to mention those HORRIBLE blood summoned spiders that gank you! Trust me, you will learn to hate them! :P

That being said, fire will be your best friend there and with the right fire gem in your gear, you could easily one shot all common beasts there...except werewolves and spiders. Oh, also those ***** sages that go berserk when they see you.

When starting out a new character I URGENTLY suggest focusing heavily on boosting vitality to 40 or 50. My biggest mistake was not focusing on vitality when I first started playing and really ended up paying for it. With a beast build, strength and vitality will be your primary focus, maybe a decent arcane if you want to imbue your claws with permeant bolt or fire buff.

If you want things to be a breeze, carry an advanced flamer (7+ through 9+) and as much bone marrow ash as you can. Makes boss fight SO much easier! Lol!

As for the game being outdated, Souls games have VERY long lifespan and a diehard fan following. I have never played PVP for I do not have a landline but I can tell you that this game has by far never lost any appeal with me!

Heck, I gave up Fallout 4 and went back to Bloodborne. Fallout 4 felt too much like a chore where Bloodborne is a continuous adventure that gets more and more challenging.

I hope I didn't discourage you, just wanted you to be forewarned on what to expect and know you have a long painful path ahead of you for your dream build.

That being said, once you get good enough you will be dancing around enemies like a fairy princess and find yourself getting very cocky and end up trying to take out advanced monsters with only your firsts...like I do when I'm farming gems and stones! Lol!
There are still plenty of multiplayer action going on, though im not sure how large it is since im also new to the game. But im pretty sure it wont die so soon, there people playing dark souls 1, heck im pretty sure demon's souls still has pvp going on! So bloodborne is worth, even if you just pve so get a character, get it to... Around lvl120 i guess and for more chances to find players , invade in the nightmare of mensis/nightmare frontier or use a chalice dungeon Glyph: hizzngr3
Chalice: Pthumerian Root
this dungeon sees a lot of action, i use it a lot.
Get it. If you've never played a souls game then this is the perfect one to start with as you'll never fall back into defensive mode that most DS players use when playing it. There's still plenty of people playing it and summoning for bosses, co-op or PvP shouldn't take too long.

For the beast though you'll need to get quite a bit through the game and do a few of the chalice dungeons. I bought the game day one and still do not have my claws yet, though i did manage to get to the level they're on last night.

Wolfyre

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 81.00
Wiki Edits: 12
Actually leveling arcane on a beast build is really a waste of stats and points. The Beast Claws are more of a quality weapon with a focus leaning slightly more towards Strength. The reason Arcane is worthless though is if you gem slot for fire or bolt then you will receive no benefit from the Beasthood meter as it only affects physical damage, thus you would gimp your damage output considerably. Honestly the most efficient build would be centered on pumping points into VIT and END, STR and SKILL even then put the rest of your points in BT or ARC. I prefer to forgo BT and put 18 points into ARC to use Augur so I can parry even while running the transformed claws. But it's preference really.

My build is Lone Survivor BL 125 you could take 5 points from VIT or END if you want to stay at 120

50 VIT

40 END

30/30 STR/ SKILL

18 ARC

BT at the base.

This build will allow you to use all weapons aside from those heavily drawing from BT and let's you have flexibility for your secondary weapon of your choice. It also allows you to comfortable use the Canon and the Gatling Gun. The Endurance was my preference I know alot of people stop at 20 but I like the maxed amount for the ability to perma stun and dodge like crazy. The claws require you to be mobile and up close. Without a good bit of stamina that becomes a very hard situation to pressure and get out if you need to breathe in PVP. Good luck M8!
Anyone playing bloodbourne add me on psn we can play together my username is Calieb88 I look forward to playing with you guys
There are still plenty of multiplayer action going on, though im not sure how large it is since im also new to the game. But im pretty sure it wont die so soon, there people playing dark souls 1, heck im pretty sure demon's souls still has pvp going on! So bloodborne is worth, even if you just pve so get a character, get it to... Around lvl120 i guess and for more chances to find players , invade in the nightmare of mensis/nightmare frontier or use a chalice dungeon Glyph: hizzngr3
Chalice: Pthumerian Root
this dungeon sees a lot of action, i use it a lot.
Yes you should get it. Yes it's still active
This armor seems to have the best overall armor in the game. Can anyone else confirm? Also has great physical defense (most common damage).
While it has great physical defense, frenzy resistance sucks so it's useless in the Nightmare of Mensis
While it has great physical defense, frenzy resistance sucks so it's useless in the Nightmare of Mensis
why did this have to be the best set? I mean seriously why do a bunch of bandages have the same physical defence (and more fire defence) as the full metal cainhurst set!? Not to mention it's kinda ugly, you have bin bags strapped to your back.
It looks pretty awesome with the beat embrace caryll rune !
i like the look of the set, but would prefer if these stats were on the bone ash set.
Metal bandages? I mean it really is hardier and sturdier than the metal cainhurst set. Somehow the beggar look is actually luxuriously effective.
It looks pretty awesome with the beat embrace caryll rune !
actually it seems it has more defence than the cainhurst set I think something went wrong during the development
I think it looks good on the hunter. With normal pants of course. The sacks and bags makes it look like your carrying all your items instead of oulling it all from nowhere
beggar in cathedral ward lamp confirmed for true final boss
The one you find in the Forbidden Woods and told to go to Cathedral?? He's an Abhorrent Beast in disguise, like a small version of Darkbeast Paarl. He kills an NPC for every boss you kill after sending him to Cathedral (he kills one if you send him to safety). He will transform if you hit him and drops the Beast rune if you can kill him, so do that first. Other than that, he's just a big ol' harmless teddy bear (sarcasm implied).
or send him to the clinic...
fight him where you meet him. just cheese him by running back to the mill and watch him try to squeeze that beastly body of his into the doorway.
Everything is in the details people. I know where the ladder is, but I can't find the shortcut location to activate it.
Some help would be greatly appreciated.
An edit to the wiki page too for others like me who missed it :p.

Thanks.
activation* ***** that uneditable comment.
Got it. I though I'd have to take up from the next lantern to create a shortcut by jumping down, but in fact all I had to do was to hug the left wall where the well in located and follow the natural path to it.
My math might be wrong, but the total physical defense on the wiki reads 290 when the stats of the armor pieces add up to 310.
You're right, the stats do add up to 310
this set is the official set of ***** niggas in bloodborne. guaranteed you will find niggas with rakuyos chikages and evelyns spamming the living ***** out of you wearing this *****. i got love for simon tho
i personally use scythe but i mean who cares if people use good weapons? weapons dont mean ***** in this game. parry them and its game over
Git Gud.
Anyone notice that the Suspicious Beggar is wearing the Trousers and the Hood before the DLC was released?
Posted in wrong reply, ignor! Lol
I don't think so, Archibald strikes me as a highly educated person where the beggar is obviously not.

I suspect Archibald met his fate with Paal for he was obsessed with unlocking the secrets of the undead beasts bolt abilities and got himself killed. Also, his badge is in the possession of Paal.
That is true. And he seems to hate hunters and usually these beggars of hunters of the church. Given that the abhorrent beast has lightning and fur similiar to the darkbeast, could the beggar be Archibald