Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

Seeing all of these monstrosities developed by FromSoft really got me thinking on the possibilities of fan-made kin, great ones, beasts or just monsters that reside in Yharnam and beyond, so I imply anyone to share their boss or enemy ideas! It'll be fun! Be creative, also.
True Beast of Yharnam

Gameplay: It is a crossbreed of both Kin and Beast; on the first encounter it is seen as rotting corpse of a beast similar to the cleric beast, but twice its size. As the battle progresses, an amygdalan head will burst out of its chest that can shoot energy blasts similar to that of a regular amygdala and will also spawn grey tentacles from its back that will lash out similarly to that of amygdala. These tentacles are also capable of draining the hunter's hp much like that of a Brainsucker.

Hp: 90,000

Weakness: Visceral attacks

Must have 99 Stamina
Boss: Devout Worshiper of Kos. Has the Milkweed rune appearance, wields the Kos parasite, augar of Ebrietas, call from beyond, blacksy eye. Does high arcane damage and defense. Has a body and size much like the orphan of Kos. Has a lot of health and is weak to bolt. Will be found on the fishing hamlet coast.

Fiddlesticks

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 715.00
Wiki Edits: 111
Baby Mergo

Pissed that his carriage was knocked off, and that you offed both him and his wetnurse hoe,

Mergo comes to lay the smack down on the hunter in a raging flurry of blind revenge

Its just a gross, stillborn, undead fetus like baby thats crawling, or maybe being carried by another wetnurse

It unleashes insane arcane and frenzy garbage.

it disorients the hunter with mind powers, taking him to places or visions or arenas with enemy fights and talking ***** while doing it

creepy insight drain grab attack

very low physical armor as its just a behbeh

crys like a little ***** when you murder his tiny ***
Description for all my ideas above.
Mensis Hunter: A hunter of the School of Mensis, he was sent out every night into Yahar'gul to purge the Unseen Village of intruders. He captured a member of the Choir and tortured him. But madness overcame him and he became drunk with blood.
Choir Assassin: The most loyal servant of the Choir, once highly respected he went mad trying to gain insight, eyes on the inside are not the only way.
Devout Worshiper of Kos, a fanatic that worshiped the Great One, Kos. Blood isn't the only thing that drives men mad, even the slightest brush of power from a Great One will drive the most stable men into madness.
Benedict the Yharnam Stalker: Once a Harrowed Hunter driven mad by grief. Surely any man who suffered this much would surrender or descend into the deepest, most vile of madness.
Yharnam undead wolf
A giant undead wolf with its body torned apart and its eyes bright red. At half hp its head brakes open and a giant snake comes out replacing it. Its eyes are blue now and tentacles come out of its body. It was originally the protecter of old Yharnam but burned with the rest of the town It is inside the one building with the blood starved beast hanging from the roof. burn the blood starve beast to activate it. It drops blood chunks and kin 12
Description for all my ideas above.
Mensis Hunter: A hunter of the School of Mensis, he was sent out every night into Yahar'gul to purge the Unseen Village of intruders. He captured a member of the Choir and tortured him. But madness overcame him and he became drunk with blood.
Choir Assassin: The most loyal servant of the Choir, once highly respected he went mad trying to gain insight, eyes on the inside are not the only way.
Devout Worshiper of Kos, a fanatic that worshiped the Great One, Kos. Blood isn't the only thing that drives men mad, even the slightest brush of power from a Great One will drive the most stable men into madness.
Benedict the Yharnam Stalker: Once a Harrowed Hunter driven mad by grief. Surely any man who suffered this much would surrender or descend into the deepest, most vile of madness.
Lost/Twisted* Hunter Apprentices
Just as Gehrman had before, veteran Hunters would take on aspiring apprentices. During the early days, Hunters would personally train their pupils, commonly working with other Hunters, to ensure they would be ready for the demands of the Hunt and be able to work together. This was a slow but rewarding process with decent success. The Church eventually took full control of this and streamlined the process to keep the number of Hunters up with little regard to the risks. Apprentices were hand picked by a Church official when born and would go through relentless training and studying from a young age and would later, after having met the standards or come of age, accompany an assigned Hunter into the field. This often resulted in seasoned Hunters taking on more than one apprentice as it was unfortunately common that they wouldn't survive their first Hunt and it was rumored that some Hunters would leave their apprentices behind or, a worse fate, sacrifice their apprentices as bait if it meant saving their own skin. What is left of these unlucky apprentices is little more than husks and lost, confused, wrathful shades that are forever haunted by memories of their death, failure, and abandonment.
Lost Apprentices
-Can be encountered anywhere, commonly found in places such as the Forbidden Woods, Hemwick, Old Yharnam, *Nightmare Frontier, *Hunter's Nightmare
-Uses a variety of Hunter weapons/gear
-Many are short showing that many apprentices were possibly no older than early to mid teens if even that
-Attack on sight while screaming and crying out: "You left me to die!", "This wasn't part of the plan! Help me!", "Don't leave me to die like this! Please! Help me!", "Look at me! Look at what you did to me!", "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!", etc..
-They are fast and some use hit and run tactics, may even use item such as bolt/fire paper
-Drops items such as vials/bullets, can drop gems, rarely bolt/fire paper
-Will sometimes try to retreat or, if the Hunter runs away, will give up the chase
-Can be heard speaking when defeated: "Is it over now?", "Forgive me teacher! I tried!", "Do I get to go to the Dream now?", "Thank you..."
*Twisted Apprentices
*- The Twisted Apprentices are commonly found in groups of 3 or 5, changed by the Nightmare and less forgiving than Lost counterpart. These shadows look like a disfigured cross between a young human and either beast or even (rarely) Lanterns
*-The Twisted Apprentices attack in groups and will try to use strategies to distract the Hunter to allow others to attack
*-Uses Hunter weapons/gear
*-They are twitchy and can sometimes cause Frenzy or Rapid Poison if allowed to attack as one
*-They tend to giggle sadistically and will sometimes taunt the Hunter with sing-song chants: "We were left to suffer by you!", "Is the big, bad Hunter scared?!", "Die! Die! Die!", "A game of skin the Beast it is!", "Hunt the beast! Hunt the beast!", etc..
*- Drops items like the Lost counterpart
*-Harder to shake off if the Hunter flees
*-Can be heard speaking when defeated: "No! I'm good enough! I'm not a failure!", "Not like this! Not like this!", "No!", "Teacher please don't be mad! Please don't be mad!", etc..
Benedict the Yharnam Stalker, NPC Hunter. Garbed in the old hunter garb. Wields the Beast Cutter and evelyn, uses the Old Hunter Bone. High damage on all fronts, starts the fight by throwing several poison knives. Has dialogue while fighting, rambling on about how he is the only true hunter that can purge Yharnam of beasts and that all hunters are men turning into beasts and they must die. Appears several places in Yharnam. Old Yharnam, Central Yharnam, Tomb of Oedon, Cathedral Ward, the sewers, and the final location is the Abandoned Old Workshop. For each fight he will become harder and deals more damage with larger health. After each fight he will murder several new NPCs associated with him and his quest and mortally wound others that give you information for his location before death. For the final fight he will be almost impossible to kill. He now wields a new weapon that does both rapid and slow poison damage. It's a church sword like the untransformed Ludwig's only it breaks down into two blade like the Blades of Mercy. His movements are very quick and erratic as he charges his attacks and leaps across the workshop. The only way to kill him would be to whittle his health down and then force him to the door of the workshop and off the ledge to his death. His last words would be him screaming from the bottom of the pit 'I will always be with you in the shadows!' From a lore perspective it means that the arrogance and bloodlust of hunters will always be a lurking in the shadows, waiting to pounce and descend the hunter into madness. Vaatividya, read this.
Hunter NPC: Hunter of Mensis. Can be found in Yahar'gul, the Unseen Village. Weilds the Amygdalan Arm. Weak against bolt and fire. Garbed in a long black coat with a wide black brimmed hat. Black trousers and gauntlets. Most of his face is covered except for his eyes which are red. Uses a call from beyond and the augur of Ebrietas. High arcane attack and is very quick.
Hunter NPC: Hunter of Mensis. Can be found in Yahar'gul, the Unseen Village. Weilds the Amygdalan Arm. Weak against bolt and fire. Garbed in a long black coat with a wide black brimmed hat. Black trousers and gauntlets. Most of his face is covered except for his eyes which are red. Uses a call from beyond and the augur of Ebrietas. High arcane attack and is very quick.
Benedict the Yharnam Stalker cont.: Benedict is one of the first hunters and aided the scholars of Byrgenwyrth in the raid of the Fishing Hamlet. He was disgusted at what he had done and was apposed to gaining insight and all of Provost Wiellems work. He became obsessed with the old blood and was highly respected by Laurence for he was the first Harrowed Hunter. His garb was somewhat noticeable but he hid in the shadows of alleys and threw a poisoned knife at the infected men from a distance without their knowledge until they died of the poison. He retained most of his sanity even after the downfall of the Healing Church and the creation of the Dream. During the events of the game he is notorious throughout Central Yharnam for being the bringer of death. But as the scourge worsened he started to wield the beast cutter to defend himself. Your character first meets him in Old Yharnam and continues to pursue him through the early game areas. Various citizens of Yharnam will be found dead or dying from his poison in the early game areas. Benedict rambles on about how he must end the hunters for he is the savior of Yharnam. Normally his last location will be in the Old Abandoned Workshop before the Blood Moon descends as said in the post above. But if the Blood Moon descends Benedict will appear in the Lumenflower Garden. During the fight he will speak of how his son was taken by the Choir when he was on the streets and how the Harrowed Hunters murdered his wife when she showed no signs of the scourge. His last words here would be, 'Expose the Church for what they truly are.' If the Celestial Emissary is alive then he will aid you in the fight and die from his wounds after if taken enough damage. If not, then he will throw himself off the ledge and into the Grand Cathedral where you fought Vicar Amelia but not before thanking you for what you have done. Again Vaatividya could do a video on this if he bloody reads it!
Hunter NPC: Choir Assassin, dressed in the attire of the choir except the robes are light grey. They wield the threaded cane that does massive amounts of damage and the blacksy eye, augur of ebrietas, and a call from beyond. Very quick but attacks are rhythmical.

murdocwest

Souls: 75.00
Because they're not in the guide.
I think you've done a fantastic job with the descriptions. "The man who returns may not be the man who left." "There it stood, uttering a warbled cry" "Watching over matters with motherly concern."
You give these monsters more purpose with your descriptions. Your description for the Garden of Eyes/Mi-Go Zombie is one of my favourites. I certain prefer the former name for the enemy to the latter as well.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 412,537.49
Bank: 9,513.71
Wiki Edits: 35666
Pvt_Booger is the man! He's done an amazing job for the enemies!! :D
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
now I want to read the guide to see what it says, cause your descriptions are really cool and I want to compare them.

Pvt_Booger

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 3,565.00
Bank: 996.00
Wiki Edits: 689
Hi there. Most of the descriptions were written by me. I want to give something back to the wiki that has helped me since Dark Souls 1. I also edited the majority of the pages here, creating new content. I am a writer outside of the wiki.
meh. the descriptions are well done but I wish there was some clarification on the page that some/all of them were fan-written. The game has a pretty delicate lore that depends a lot on flavor text and descriptions, and your writing style makes it easy to kind of upset that, in my opinion (as opposed to cookie-cutter, utilitarian descriptions)

Forbes

Souls: 50.00
I'm so glad I found this post. I'd been trying to track down where these incredible descriptions were coming from. Pvt, you are amazing. You really captured that playful tone from the item descriptions and stayed true to the lore. I've read the kidnapper one like twenty times and it never gets old

DavidDalmatian

Souls: 355.00
Wiki Edits: 44
Took some time to homogenize the coding...stuff... to make the page a little less screwy than it was before.
Will continue to work on it.
Don't be afraid to link other enemy pages here. If it comes out wrong, I can (hopefully) figure out how to fix it.

DavidDalmatian

Figured out why it was staying in two columns instead of three.
Fixed.
I'm not saying I'm some sort of aspect of a divine entity, but if I was, that'd be apropros.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

It's because Tabs within Tabs don't work. The "Bosses" page is a tab within "Enemies" and since "Bosses" has tabs it's not showing the sub-sections. I'll reformat the page today
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Hrormir

Souls: 420.00
Wiki Edits: 74
Strangely, it appears that bosses now won't appear (great ones and chalice dungeon ones) from the enemies page. On the bosses page it's fine however.
whats with the name changes ?
WHY ARE THE NAMES DIFFERENT AND WORSE NOW? admin, please reverse.

Skylith

R u srs?

But the "Kidnapper" sounds A LOT better being called Snatchers, it even says Snatchers in their description.
Because those are the actual names. The post above you JUST SAID THAT.

These names are the official names.

HazamaOuroborous

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 939.00
Bank: 5,957.00
Wiki Edits: 90
The official guide has the names of the enemies, so the page is gradually being updated with the official names :)
"Acts of goodness are not always wise, and acts of evil are not always foolish, but regardless, we shall always strive to be good" - Martyr Logarius

I have a shiny youtube thingy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAWBcU3fZAgxElrPxeoXgjg
What's the official name of the human-headed-spider dudes from the Nightmare of Mensis?
I think its Patches.

StrikerShane

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,573.50
Wiki Edits: 46
Yeah as an encounter able enemy they're merely a variant of the Nightmare Apostle, but they're basically what Patches the Spider is but gone completely insane, making Patches quite unique. In the interview Miyazaki mentioned him and said about that even though he's seen enough of the world's mysteries to drive him mad and turn into a monster, he's managed to retain his sanity and continue his research.

Pvt_Booger

Addicted
First Warden

Not sure if it's a different enemy or it falls under "variants." To be fair, I'm not going to spend 20 quid just so I can edit a wiki...

Scrapnell

His whole name is Patches the wandering douche
When I went down to the bottom of the Healing Church Workshop tower there was some ram-horned humanoid chucking fireballs at me. It was trying to open the door or something and the second time I went down there, having opened the door at this point, it wasn't there again.

cloudbloom

Souls: 100.00
Wiki Edits: 19
It's called Beast Possessed Soul. Personally i think it's pretty dorky looking
It's kinda a werewolf, fought one in Chalice Dungeons also, as a Level 1 Boss.

DurandalTyr

I haven't been able to get a clear photo of them while they're alive, but they move in a blur and screech when they take a swing at you with one of their two sickles? They resemble non-shaded Stalkers, but much faster.
I got a video of those madmen/speedy-creeps, seriously these give me nightmares lol
I just call them Madmen, coz it seems fitting :P
yea skinny with long hair and sometimes using sickles. they're freaking fast

DurandalTyr

The centipede-looking monsters show up once, in Brygenworth - well, one does.
you mean brain suckers.
There's a few enemies from the chalice dungeons I've seen that aren't listed. The scrawny zombies with a hooded variety that is stronger, these weird centipede-looking monsters that shoot fireballs and drop Arcane Haze, mummies with torches (seems like a bad idea for mummies to be running around with open flame) and some slender thing with a robe and white staff. Can't wait to see what else there is.
I hate these guys so much, but it's pretty easy to parry one in the middle of their fast combo
The guy who poisons you is indeed using a pestilent corpse. This can be verified in a room in the ailing loran chalice dungeon. One of those skinny zombie guys is in each of the four corners of the room, except one, where you find a massive bloodstain instead. This indicates that the guy with the corpse killed him and starting using him as a weapon, similar to mid evil biological warfare.
yea, I've seen 3 variations so far, 1 sickle, dual sickle and one who wields... a corpse?/stature? the last one is able to poison you. Each swing leaves poisonous clouds

Myztyrio

Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Souls: 1,765.00
Bank: 2,048.00
Wiki Edits: 9
Agreed?
You still need sedatives, even with the rune that adds +200 frenzy res
Just keep your insight low and the Brain Trusts won't do as much damage.
Frenzy resistant gear? Yeah see how that serves ya at 90 insight. I was in an area where i could two hit kill them and I was getting frenzied twice before they went down and i didn't even have much distance to close from the rock in was hiding behind.
You put on some frenzy resistant gear and they're soft

DavidDalmatian

Having worked with the format on this page, I thought it was important to mention that it'll be much easier to wait until we have all of the enemies with their proper names in the catalogue before we alphabetize it.
I'll even volunteer to do it.
Brain suckers can eff right off

Pvt_Booger

Addicted
First Warden

It is a lengthy process, at least for me.

There is another problem, there are two enemy pages, one named "enemy" another named "enemies." They differ from one another. Ideally, either singular or plural should redirect to the same page if at all possible.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Indeed waiting is an option but as everything people get impatient and demand better so we do whta we can. @Pvt_Booger - The reason there's two pages is because the "Enemies" page includes the "Enemy", "Boss", "Great Ones" and such pages. Look at the page code here: https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/page/code/Enemies

Pvt_Booger

Addicted
First Warden

@guest

Do u mean the brainsucker? if not, tell me where the enemy might be found and I can add it.
A Brainsucker Is A Boss.
A Brainsucker Is A Boss.
I don't see an entry for the Squid Faced skinny guys. Can anyone point me to the page, or does one not exist yet? I noticed the entry for Cathedral Ward omitted there being one there.
Can someone add this! They eat insights, it would be useful.

DavidDalmatian

That would be the Brainsucker, but we need to separate out an enemy page and a boss page or include the boss occurrence on the enemy page or... something...
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

I fixed the tabs @daviddalmatian :)