Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I'm still a fairly new player(level 50), my character is mostly a close-range fighter, meaning that most of my points are on stamina, vitality and strength with only ten bloodtinge, also i rarely use firearms unless i'm facing an enemy that's larger or is equipped with a gun as well, but the hunter pistol is becoming less and less effective as i move along. Anyone have any advice as to which firearms would be best for my character?

B3hr

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,105.00
Wiki Edits: 211
In your case, if you really don't want to upgrade Bloodtinge a whole lot, but you want a harder hitting gun, I'd recommend the Repeating Pistol.

It uses double the ammunition whenever you fire, but it packs a punch and has a high base damage built in. You can inflict considerable amounts of damage with it, even if you dont have high bloodtinge. Furthermore, if you do decide to upgrade Bloodtinge even higher later, then the scaling of that firearm is also pretty good too.

Red_strike0

Souls: 160.00
Wiki Edits: 22
the repeating pistol has a solid base damage. so leaving it at 10 or 15 will be good if you are focusing on Str/Vit/End.
The Repeating Pistol and the Evelyn are my personal favorite replacements.
Thanks for the tip, speaking of Bloodtinge, how high would you suggest i raise it so that the repeating pistol gets a decent (but not overpowered, otherwise there's no fun)amount of damage?
Cannon
For strength builds
Is evelyn even worth going for with 31 bloodtinge?
If your going for a Bloodtinge build then evelyn and the Chikage are very worth it. Much damage Many Blood
With the addition of the dlc the simon's bowblade makes a great addition and can deal a lot of damage.
Could someone who knows please label the dlc firearms
The church cannon, the fist of gratia, the gatling gun, the loch shield, and the piercing rifle.
Hope this helps!
Why do guns have a durability stat if they never actually lose any of it?
only the torch and shield lose durability
probably right, same with that door in the citedel ward that leads to the great bridge.
only the torch and shield lose durability
I get the sense that maybe guns were meant to break overtime but the game designers either removed it or forgot entirely about it. They just kept the durability stats on the guns. I could be wrong of course.
how do hold two guns at once?
the only way is by equipping the Reiterpallasch in your right hand and using its transformed mode.
U can use any firearm weapon in ur left hand and the reiterpallasch or rifle spear
It's unfortunate the firearms were done so poorly. The Cannon was more or less overpowered, thus the patch. The Flamesprayer and Rosmarinus feel somewhat sloppy for a fast-paced game. Evelyn and the Hunter Pistol feel almost identical. I think next time they should really add magic to your left handed weapons if Bloodborne gets a sequel. Perhaps they could have also added different types of ammunition too like fire-based bullets and explosive bullets or allowed firearms to be used in your right hand too. Disappointing really. Sigh ...
Sounds like a lot of whining. Bloodborne is still an amazing game and guns still have their uses. Theres even a guy who played through the entire game with only the blunderbuss, no other weapons at all! So guns are still useful and the game is still innovative and highly enjoyable even if it didnt happen to meet your little fantasies, darling.
The games would just be too easy if you'd fix the "weakpoints", kinda like the thing that happened with Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, they fixed and tweaked so many things in Dark Souls 2 that the game was just simply too easy compared to Dark Souls, and that's not a good thing in my opinion, I play these games 'cause they're fun and challenging, and those little tweaks make them not so challenging, thus, not so fun, thus, not that enjoyable.
Also, what would using guns in the right hand do? How would it improve the gunplay?
I've been told to use Expansion". DLC brings the connotation of originally removed content.
Lead elixir + rosmarinus = unstoppable.

Especially if your opponent just won't get away from you.
Sounds like a lot of whining. Bloodborne is still an amazing game and guns still have their uses. Theres even a guy who played through the entire game with only the blunderbuss, no other weapons at all! So guns are still useful and the game is still innovative and highly enjoyable even if it didnt happen to meet your little fantasies, darling.
On an Arcane build, Rosmarinus and Flamesprayer infused with bone marrow ash are really powerful, they can also surprise people in PVP.

Bloodshot_Jester

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 2,056.50
U guys arent looking at the dynamic possibilities that would change games. Why do uwant every new sequel to merely feel like tradition with small changes. Why not add things that work that fit in and fix or change weakpoints. Innovate. games seem to evolve like cars do.._they are still grounded. Games need to start flying

Bloodshot_Jester

Addicted
First Warden

They also could of had two handed grip style with two handed L1 trick attack by holding it down at proper time. L3 needs to be sprint so dive roll and quick step are both available with O and X while locked on. And so many things that could put this kind of game so high above standards games would start to compete and wed actually get Next gen games from now on.
The Flamesprayer and Rosmarinus are riot-control weapons. If you could use them super fast in super fast paced gameplay, you would eseentially melt people nonstop in PVP and make them incredibly broken. Also, they do alot of damage on dedicated arcane builds.
How would guns in a right-hand be helpful...?

The firearms weren't done so poorly y'know! I agree with the Flamesprayer and Rosmarinus though, those aren't helpful unless your enemy is stationary.
And the Evelyn is for bloodtinge based builds since it has a higher rating. (Of course you can use the Hunter Pistol for a bloodtinge based build but it would do less damage.)
*By the way, the reason I mentioned damage in the sentence above me is because in PvP, some people have low health, and with an upgraded gun, it can do severe damage + visceral attack.*

Elemental bullets would be nice though, and magic would be better off in the item slot in my opinion. A gun + weapon + majeek.
The games would just be too easy if you'd fix the "weakpoints", kinda like the thing that happened with Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, they fixed and tweaked so many things in Dark Souls 2 that the game was just simply too easy compared to Dark Souls, and that's not a good thing in my opinion, I play these games 'cause they're fun and challenging, and those little tweaks make them not so challenging, thus, not so fun, thus, not that enjoyable.
Do you guys have any suggestion for an Arcane/Strength buit?
I'm using the Hunter's Pistol, but I think that there's a better option
Could someone help me?
Depends on what you want out of it. For parrying, the pistol is one of the best, no matter the damage. You could try out the Fist of Gratia(DLC) since it scales off of strength, or use the Augur of Ebrietas, although the charge up takes some adjusting for. Without any Bloodtinge, few of your options are going to do much damage; The Repeating pistol is more powerful, at twice the cost; the cannon does a lot of damage with or without Bloodtinge; and then there are the Sprayers for streaming Arcane-based damage.
i used the loch shield for my strength/arcane build
As of 1.03 update, the cannon now takes 12 bullets.
Sigh that they made everyone the same class basically wih the same speeds and I likd being able to sprint while locked as it would make fights with bosses such as clric beast more comfortable as the dodge roll creates more distance and I think has mor invisible frames or dodges better. They could of put in sprint with L3 jump with x and dodge with O ad then while locked on you could quick hop with X and do a dodge and still sprint without breaking the lock on. I feel like im enjoyin bllodborne because im simply taking my time and trying to not die and deleting and creating characters more as I can save my Beuwolf looking face and my Ozzy face along with a Mad Max face so creating new characters is a breeze as I like to give my characters some personality. Also why just trick weaons and not a wide range f weapons and armor with the ability to equip whatever you please in whatever hand and alow parries with the weapons. Id also like to grip that cleaver spear or saw spear with two hands as it would be much more practical. It would also be sweet if you could use the trick attack as transformation attacks or toggle whatever form the weapon is in to stay in that form givng you a thrd attack button if you wished to hold with two hands or even duel weld. Then there are the trick weapons that aren't o tricky but rather twoin one wepns. If I cold slam the irkhammer down and then unsheathe the silver sword and attack, without even bothering to pick up the hammer until I feel like it that would be a tricky move instead of a useless waste of an attack button when it could of given you three attack buttons or a melee parry rather then a gun parry. I thought one of Dark souls charms was the copious amount of weapons including all medeval types, then varitations and more unique varitions and thn varitions simply in attack sets or aestetic looks. I lk the broadsword cuz it slashes ut would like that extra range on the long sword while slashing. But the long sword thrsts with two hands nstead of using one and then the two handed grip being the slicing. Man what id give for a Bloodbrne atmosphere and world /lore with a dark souls armory, non staff magick abilities (like the quickening bone but hate things that make my skin harder or disappear for stealth when they aleady have a stealth aspect to the game with things to thrw and distract and walkig up behind an enemy doesn't provoke them, use of terrain, etc but why ot just the ability to learn skills or Hunting Skills" like magic or miracles. One would be a low crouched fast walk so you could sneak attack faster moving targets and also use the terrain to hide yourself plus to or tree stealth visceral attacks that kill normal enemies and then ones that do severe damage to elite enemies. One more thing, jumping realling isn't that necessary if there aren't many gaps o scenaios like jumpng a gap plus id rather dodge then jump in the air exposing myself to a giant beast claw rather than sprinting and dodging. How about letting us vault over objects that aren't highe than our character can reach. The Map would need to be fully open and accessible but your a hunter and the only difference between hunters and a warrior from DS is the smart move by making stamina deplete less when dodging and attacking but especialy for dodging. I can do all 5 silver sword moves with one centimeter of stamina if I delay each attack. That's an example of something dynamic that becomes its own beast all together as players find ways to utilize everything they've given you, There needs to be major DLC with perhaps another city and more indoor, underground locations that aren't sewers but places like the asylum fro DS1 and the undead burg. Also the indoor ocations need to make sense to as they do but not in DS2 here the Iron Keep is like a maroa level or something while the castle is bare with inconsitant building design like a grand starcase n one room that leads up to nothing but twin balconies on each side. Everythng is bare bones but you have nice detailed little indoor areas that are made like a real structure rather than a level. the game Is already challenging with combat just give us some interesting places to fight and a giant Mansion to explore to applaud the survival horror hack N slash like game this is.

Bloodshot_Jester

Addicted
First Warden

Seriously you need to keep speaking these ideas. iTs scary that the kirkhammer idea is identical to my own idea and every idea ive mentioned exactly like urs. People will come to seewere right cuz some dont see the sme thing wen they read the post nor do they know what they want and are scared of too much change/innnovations
First of all, way too many lines in one paragraph. Learn to use that enter key, buddy.
Secondly, theres still room for different classes. You can focus more on bloodtinge to use better guns and make them more viable for damage while getting access to certain weapons, or you can focus more on arcane and the bag of tricks it gives you. The Empty Phantasm Shell is amazing for giving a weapon buff using only QS bullets, and the Augur of Ebrietas can set up visceral attacks while holding weapons 2-handed and also let you follow up a combo using it with no stamina cost and it usually throws humanoids backwards as well to give breathing room. Then you can go for an entirely melee character with high strength and likely using the cannon, or go for a more dextrous build with weapons like the Blade of Mercy or the Burial Blade. If you're really complaining because theres not many items in the early game and you keep deleting your saves, thats your own problem.
Finally... I dont even know what the ***** Bloodshot is going on about. I think he's just trying to find problems and say "Why dont we just put in ALL the ideas?" Which ain't practical and doesn't even sound fun. Still laughing at that "Not hack n slash but hack n (twenty adjectives here) slash" line though XD
whoa nigga, did you really expect me to read all that ***** by you?
It is quite jarring reading a full paragraph of 18 lines (if I counted right) but I do agree with some of your points:
- Jumping should be interchangeable like in Dark Souls II with either double-tapping O or Holding O and clicking L3. I can't understand how they left that out.
- The Classes are effectively the same or at the very least there are far fewer than in the past games. (You pretty much have to be a melee character since a ranged character is so underwhelming.)
- The Trick Weapons are two in one weapons but I think they're fairly well done (unlike the firearms). Some of them do overlap though like the Saw Spear and Cleaver and the Kirkhammer and Ludwig's Holy Blade.
- The Loss of Magic is also quite bad. They could have been left handed weapons. As it stands the Hunter Tools are either worthless or underpowered and also use up bullets.
This is just my opinion though. Feel free to disagree. I'm not too sure about vaulting over objects though. Demon's Souls had something like that but it was only with certain walls and wasn't well done overall.
I thought the cannon just uses half the amount of your total silverbullet cost. I have the rune that gives me +4 quicksilver bullets and I remember it using 12 bullets before. I could be wrong

Bloodshot_Jester

Addicted
First Warden

Not hack n slash but dynamicly limitless hack N flowing creatively skillfull flowing slash were physics footwork timing hit detection smart contextual aspects without forcing any thing and duels are like fast brutal deathmatches or epic feats of control puppeteering mastery of ur avatars body ability attributes and not being based on stuff like two similar swords havin a damage stat. Just weight durability craftsmanship the materials its made from and the weilders skill with the freeflowing physics heavy based combat dynamics of the mechanics. Not dive roll fests and a misunderstanding of what a parry is. Its not a stun move. Its redirecting an enemy strike in your favor if successful. Locking blades and then pushing against a defending enemy or matching each strike with timing and form while playing chess with swords till you et open attacks hopefully seams in armor or neck based on your awareness skill and preciscion with a particular weapon as you have to learn how it works and what can be done the right time and when things become possible or how to create the possibilities and properly taking advantage without mistake or bein out fought by endurance strength toughness etc.

WarshaperToma

Casual
Convict

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 100.00
Hey there is this new invention called a paragraph. you should check it out.

Bloodshot_Jester

Addicted
First Warden

I read it and thats everything i agree with guest. Whats ur psn name. Ibet we see eye to eye on games its like reading my own post no joke u get it despite what people sy. Games nee to be reinvented on all levels. Dark Souls could easily make it happen were PVP Is recognized in esports and becomes as crisp as a fighting game but like a COD shooter of melee combat. For honor looks interesting but it wont work i have afeeling. Only the souls formula has the possibilities to create dynamic duels that are skill and speed and cunning without 8 button combos or moves or a limitting freedom of movement. Imagine all thats good about Gears Witcher 3 and blodborne combined with Dark souls1 and 2 but so crisp and smooth like healthy bloodflow withe the entire potential of the duel shock utilized with all 52 possible individual button inputs and two button combinations using a modifier button like L2 as its aim or block but hold it down would modify all the button presses that arent as difficult as you d think having all that to memorize and coordinate plus contextual inputs and better use of the analog sticks the way B ball games have intricate stick motions like tracing a 'J' to go behind the back or juke and even make stuff like Achiilles killer footwork jump fake out midair stab from the side angle while passinghis foe in Troy. And all sorts of ways to create 'custom' moves or completely unique fight styles with creativity while suddenly using just one or two weapons the entire game asthe combat becomes utterly anti-repetitive. Finding new weapons wont matter as much when combat is deeper than the abyss and as dynamic as a bouncy ball of dynamite
First of all, way too many lines in one paragraph. Learn to use that enter key, buddy.
Secondly, theres still room for different classes. You can focus more on bloodtinge to use better guns and make them more viable for damage while getting access to certain weapons, or you can focus more on arcane and the bag of tricks it gives you. The Empty Phantasm Shell is amazing for giving a weapon buff using only QS bullets, and the Augur of Ebrietas can set up visceral attacks while holding weapons 2-handed and also let you follow up a combo using it with no stamina cost and it usually throws humanoids backwards as well to give breathing room. Then you can go for an entirely melee character with high strength and likely using the cannon, or go for a more dextrous build with weapons like the Blade of Mercy or the Burial Blade. If you're really complaining because theres not many items in the early game and you keep deleting your saves, thats your own problem.
Finally... I dont even know what the ***** Bloodshot is going on about. I think he's just trying to find problems and say "Why dont we just put in ALL the ideas?" Which ain't practical and doesn't even sound fun. Still laughing at that "Not hack n slash but hack n (twenty adjectives here) slash" line though XD

Lexsed

Souls: 976.00
Wiki Edits: 157
Since I can't edit the page I'll just add this here:

A bit of interesting trivia, not much, but you can perform a rolling attack (or rollshot) if you shoot and projectile firearm (piston, canon, blunderbuss etc.) after a roll. Your character will be recovering from the roll animation and will stand on one knee to shoot the weapon. This does not add any special properties to the attack and can only be performed when rolling meaning that you need to be unlocked, so isn't too practical.

Another bit of trivia is that you can use the Monocular and still shoot with your gun, you even get a reticle, turning this into a third person shooter almost. This is useful if you want to hit a specific target like aggro a moving target or Patches in the nightmare.

Lexsed

Souls: 976.00
Wiki Edits: 157
any projectile firearm*

pistol*

cannon*

(jeez, too many chalice dungeons can do things to your fingers...)