Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki
By Anonymous
So does this only increase arcane dmg on a weapon that already has arcane, or give a % of the base dmg as extra arcane dmg?
By Anonymous
FRC Layer 5 dungeons can drop gems that far exceed 18%, but are mostly triangle. You'd likely have to get a rare Off-Shape drop to get an Arcane Waning or Radial.
By Anonymous
I can't find ingame (dungeons) any other Arcane +18% gem. It seems like this is the best to boost your Arcane dmg? The ones found in dungeons are triangular but do not go as high as +18% Arcane dmg. I'm about to go to NG+ to get another one.
By Anonymous
I found one that adds 47 damage and 4%more arcane, this what you meant? Found in fishing hamlet also. I hope you actually found a 47percent. I'm gonna farm one too if so.
By Anonymous
The gem does nothing if a weapon naturally has fire element or bolt element, or blood.
By Anonymous
I found a triangle one that adds 47% it drops from the enemies with shells in the fishing hamlet area
By Anonymous
It increases arcane damage if the weapon already has arcane. Such as the blades of mercy. But if the weapon only dose physical it will change it to pure arcane damage. Such as the kirk hammer.
By Anonymous
to clarify even further, on a pure physical damage weapon (physical only, wont work if the weapon also does blood damage) it will change the damage type to (in this case) arcane, change the scaling of the weapon from STR/SKL to ARC, and then add arcane dmg based on the percentage listed by the gem. For example with a +20% gem, the new arcane damage of the weapon will be the base damage of the weapon + 120% of the damage from your arcane scaling.
By Anonymous
Experimented today. Placed this gem in my hunter pistol. Boosted the strength of arcane hunter tools without sacrificing physical damage on melee weapons. Accursed brew went from doing 999 to 1015 damage. Not bad.
By Anonymous
is there a video turtoial