Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki
By Anonymous
Where do I find the flying guillotine?
By Anonymous
Anyone wonder whats buried here and why whatevers buried here buffs bloodtinge ?
By Anonymous
Its probably part of the same country of Cainhurst. There are several statues around the place that signify the use of the old/forbidden blood.
By Anonymous
Yeah the *****ers spawned for me in NG at lvl 33
By Anonymous
Are the Soot Monsters the same as the Stalker? Because from what I have been reading and from what I have experienced it seems like they are.
By Anonymous
soot monsters spawn after defeating Vicar Amelia
By DavidDalmatian
They'll spawn if you have 15+ Insight if I remember correctly.
By Anonymous
No they don't spawn after killing Amelia, they spawn if you have more than 15 insight
By Anonymous
Do they stop spawning if you lower your Insight after already entering the area? I'm on my first playthrough around lvl 32 and these things are brutal, especially the one that spawns in the upstairs of the barn. Makes it pretty much impossible to kill the item monster.
By Tysis
Currently on NG+3 with 80 insight, skipped Amelia and no Stalkers. Been to the area several times and reloaded; it must be "night" for them to spawn and currently the only way to do that is by killing Vicar Amelia.
By Anonymous
No they don't spawn after killing Amelia, they spawn if you have more than 15 insight
By Anonymous
After defeating rom(or maybe early), if you run towards the witch abode, you can hear a man dying sound near to a hanged body in the left, also inside the house(and it sounds like the sound that makes a hunter when you kill him)
By Anonymous
Cool
By Anonymous
In the boss arena, I hear whispers on the half without the lamp. They're hard to hear unless you stand still. Sometimes they're louder than other times.
By Anonymous
Wait, the whispering is in multiple areas. Possibly all of them.
By Anonymous
at the area with the dogs you find a twin bloodstoneshard at a body hidden right side before the exit. also you find 4 pebbles and a 4 coldblooddew
By Anonymous
from the exit to the village (you have back to village) to your left there is a twin-tree, to the left if the tree you can go through the headstones. then you go just straight on, you see a body slumped in front of 2 headstones-that body looks like a riock and the item glows faintly. that has the twin bloodstone shard
By Anonymous
I hate this area as I died and can't even get my eleven thousand blood echoes back. Also a wonderful glitch where I got 20 blood vials each time I died, is now gone.
By Anonymous
It's the blood vials and bullets from your storage. Every time you die, if you have those in your storage they will replenish. If you run out they wont. It's not a bug.
By Anonymous
Yeah I also thought it was a glitch when I was ramming ti vicar amelia over and over and over and over and over again all the time. Then after one point I didnt get the full 20
By Anonymous
11k is nothing really :) also it wasn't a glitch, you spent all you had in storage. Go to easier area to collect some.
By Anonymous
A glitch for free blood vials and ammo!? Whaaattt?
By Anonymous
I can't believe I made all my way to Rom without going for the rune workshop tool. So much sufferment I could have avoided. ;-;
By Anonymous
Not like runes are THAT usefull.
By Anonymous
I love the design of this area. The Graveyard Hags are creepy, The setting is well done. I love the strange tower-like structures. Too bad the boss was not that great.
By Anonymous
Agreed! And once you figure out how to kill the axe men this whole area is worth loads in echoes, ammo, and vials
By Anonymous
I especially like the dialogue with the one hag behind the window, creeps me the hell out. That and the constant gibbering laughter.
By Tysis
Completely agree! The atmosphere in the first area set an amazing and very creepy tone, by far my favorite area.
By Anonymous
Soot monsters spawn if you have enough insight even during the first playthrough. They aren't exclusive to NG+.
By Anonymous
soot masters spawn after defeating Vicar Amelia
By Anonymous
By Anonymous
Actually they do seem to spawn only after killing Amelia (though after that it may be insight related). I am playing a new character that currently has 24 insight and skipped Amelia to go straight to Hemwick Charnel Lane, and luckily there are no Soot Monsters. This is the currently patched game.
By Anonymous
The ones outside the boss arena won't spawn if the sun is still up. Vicar Amelia isn't the trigger for the shift to night, it's the interaction with Laurence's skull. For an easy-peasy jaunt through Hemwick, kill Amelia and light the Grand Cathedral lamp, ignore Laurence's skull, and take a peaceful hike down the sunlit forest trail, full of huntsmen and hags and weird knife dogs--but no spectral soot monsters (I actually like that name a lot better than "mad ones"). If you DID interact with the lamp, spend all your insight, as having just 1 point will cause them to spawn. You could just fight them and get the blood echoes, but tbh it's not even worth it.