Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

B3hr

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,105.00
Wiki Edits: 211
Did some cleanup on this page.

Overall, it's a staple item, and it's really satisfying to hit a fast moving target with it.
Guys, I just used this item on a wall and the molotov exploded into flames, killing my character. I'm not sure if this is a bug or glitch, but it needs to be patched. I'm NG-10, LVL 420, if that matters.
Level 420. Seems legit.

B3hr

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,105.00
Wiki Edits: 211
Hmph, more lies once again. To be sure, I tested this, but considering the amount of vandalism going on the pages, the fact this page was vandalized, and your comment happens to coincide on the same date with the vandalized revision, I seriously doubt you typed this to help people.
This is the most disturbing semantic error in the game.
Apparently, there was no Soviet minister of foreign affairs, V. Molotov, neither the Soviet-Finnish war of 1940 in the game world of Yharnam, thus naming the item a "molotov" cocktail is plain incompetent.
Yeah, fire explody bottle would have sounded so much better...
Yeah, fire explody bottle would have sounded so much better...
^ It's safe to assume the language of Yarnham isn't English - hell, if Yarnhamites did speak a real-world language, it might well be Japanese! So for immersion's sake, it's safe to assume that the rendering "Molotov Cocktail" is simply a translation of meaning, rather than a literal translation. And the answer to the question "who does the translating, and 'who knows that we know about Comrade Molotov?" would be, "whoever is writing the item tooltips - the 'Narrator'". Asking for any more specifics kinda begins to erode certain deep-rooted video game conventions.

I appreciate your passion for translation and 20th century history!
Shoulve just been called fire bombs just as how rifles should be called shotguns.

Kalekemo

Casual
Convict

Souls: 227.00
Wiki Edits: 1
We don't KNOW that for sure :P

ublug

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7,085.00
Wiki Edits: 1192
Oldotown Cocktail?
It's called suspension of disbelief.
honestly does it matter?
How do you know there wasn't a hunter named "Molotov" who popularised this item in the world of Bloodborne?
Do they speak engish in yarnham? that too would be a semantic error by your definition. words transcend origin in meaning.
It's called suspension of disbelief.

Unbreakable_Patches

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 62.00
Wiki Edits: 3
How do you know there wasn't a Hunter named Molotov who had an unhealthy obsession with fire who invented the item? *****ing idiots strike again.
I know firebombs do but can anyone confirm more damage on these based on stats?
I think they have scaling. I think it has A scaling with Arcane.
This is the most disturbing semantic error in the game.
Apparently, there was no Soviet minister of foreign affairs, V. Molotov, neither the Soviet-Finnish war of 1940 in the game world of Yharnam, thus naming the item a "molotov" cocktail is plain incompetent.
Winter Lantern
Winter Lantern
I'm in ng++ and I used my last molotov cocktail in my inventory and I can't buy or get anymore from my storage because it says it will exceed max even though I don't have any.
Rated 10/10 in FWOOSH