Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki
By Anonymous
POW POW go brr
By GreySkale45
For a pure gun build in PVE, use both Repeater and Evelyn (with Reiterpallasch in the right hand, of course). Start fights with Repeater and use Bone Marrow shots for the insane damage output. Once you're out of BMA, switch to the Evelyn. You get more sustain out of it, and can spam away with your blood bullets without wasting that last shot.
By Anonymous
was just running full repeater but will try this, good strat
By Anonymous
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You better run, better run, outrun my gun
You better run, better run faster than my bullet
You better run, better run, outrun my gun
You better run, better run faster than my bullet
By Anonymous
I've always used Evelyn as my primary firearm.

From my personal experience of putting 1500 hours into this game. This weapon is amazing at parries 6 to 8 feet between your target. Evelyn wasn't built to be CQ. Because of its range and accuracy, it takes pride in keeping an average distance between the player. It's made for picking people off and setting up viscerals. Also, its great against bosses whom can be parried. I recommend you use this against Kos. I was able to prevent his second phase by spamming viscerals.

P.S Great Velocity
By Anonymous
Why actually be good at the game when you can spam this trash?
By Anonymous
Hoes mad
By Anonymous
Why be actually good at the game and dodge it *****
By Anonymous
I've 1 hit a guy with a +10 evelyn with 40 bloodtinge at lvl 64. Bone marrow ash + a 30% blood attack gem is just beautiful. ~750 damage. ALWAYS level vitality first boys.
By SlaveKnightKos
I suggest getting the base stats for your weapon of choice first though
By Anonymous
"I can't parry but I can spam 24/7 like a CoD/BF/any other shooter *"
By Anonymous
that says an fps player not a soulsborne player
By Anonymous
I think people are a little too quick to call this the best firearm in the game. The Hunter pistol outdamages it if bloodtinge is 20 or below. The repeating pistol outdamages it at every level, but costs an extra bullet to fire. If you are using a pistol with high BT, you likely want a gun that does as much damage as possible, which is the repeating pistol. I very rarely use all 20 bullets unless I'm using a cannon. Every other enemy drops bullets, you can get two different formless oeden runes very early in the game, and bullets are cheap to buy; blood bullets also help. The Evelyn takes the longest to obtain from the start, and it has that weird long-barrel weakness. All I'm saying is that some arguments can certainly be made against this weapons favor.
By Anonymous
id say that there is no objectively best anything, its all up to preference, build and skill