Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki
By Anonymous
Make sure you talk to the blind beggar in Cathedral Ward before you 1) advance past Rom OR 2) rescue all remaining survivors AFTER losing one of them (sent to Clinic, killed, etc.) You won't be able to get the dialogue about having saved someone once he gets locked into the "there's no hope for yharnum" line after all the survivors who weren't lost have arrived. As a minor sidenote, you CAN still get the Triumph gesture even if you've rescued all survivors and he no longer talks to you about having brought back an individual survivor. You'll get it from talking to him at that point, ie. "Can we be friends..."
By FeonixFox
I added how to use the gestures without opening the menu :)
By Anonymous
this is just a funny thing to do. what you do is (you have to be walking forward until merged gesture starts) you have to bring up the gesture menu and press square to test a gesture, after that you need to quickly go to the gesture you want it to merge with and just mash square on that gesture (you still need to be pushing your analog stick forward in this stage) and stop moving forward when the gesture starts happening, not before. if done right you should get a deformed animation and its really wierd. for example: you could merge roar and league oath and look like your squating and holding a staff up! I dont think this works for all gestures, but most. if your starting, you could use joy and sit down. also if your wondering why you use square instead of X is so that you dont exit the gesture menu. sorry if this doesnt work out for you.
By Anonymous
So I have been trying this to no avail the last few days. Then it hit me .. press and hold O to initiate the gesture motion control instead of X for the Asian and R-all version of the game.
By Anonymous
Female young voice... She screams... Painfully.. Why? It sounds like she's lost her mind rather than being triumphant, I like the sound on the male though..
By Anonymous
I love the female scream. Nothing better to do covered in blood after slaughtering Ebriestas.
By Anonymous
I agree C O M P L E T E L Y with the other reply...
By Anonymous
Because biology dictates that young females are the key to our species through neoteny, through which they retain childlike features like a high pitch voice.
By Anonymous
I've noticed that the make contact gesture will sometimes change direction is this completely random or is there a way to trigger the change?
By Anonymous
Just to clarify, you don't need to be wearing the cage on your head to get the rune, making the "Contact" gesture until it changes is enough.
By Anonymous
it just happens over time
By Anonymous
It happens after 30-40 seconds and THAT is the trigger for actually making contact with things like you can make contact with the big brain covered with eyeballs after you drop it down the hole and you have the mensis cage on your head, it will give you a rune. I presume you can make contact with more things, thats only what I found, also I'm not sure you need the mensis cage but I'm wearing it for safety.
By Anonymous
I did it in front of the doll and went into the dungeons, when I came back she said something to me. :)
By Anonymous
I've been experimenting with distances traveled and retraveled to trigger the roar echos, and have found that the location one roars tends to mark it, similar to dropping a shining coin. In an area around that becon exists a band that must be passed through, then re-entered to trigger the echo of your own roar. It seems like roar is a sort of multiplayer gesture as well, because at rare times in locations I've spammed roars, I'll hear the roar of another gender or aged character, implying that they can hear my roars, and are crying out in reply. When I hear a roar that I myself didn't plant, I seed the area with roars in hopes that someone else out there hears the reply. Try it yourself by roaring at regular/increasing distances, then retrace your path and listen for the echos; they become predictable and easy to set. I can't be sure, and it may be my imagination and wishful thinking, but I plant roar cues around frequent invasion points like Mergo's Loft so that when invaded, the opponent will hear me in the distance forward from them no matter which direction they travel, letting me sneak in for ganks. It seems to work, but like I said, without asking my opponent I can't know for sure. What are your thoughts?
By Anonymous
I'm surprised I haven't heard more about this. I know there is a lot to this game, so it is plenty easy to get distracted, but this seems like a really interesting way to interact with other players and it isn't even fully understood. Is there a real discussion somewhere else that I have missed?
By Anonymous
You're right, it's not re-used for ambient noise, but rather it's an echo when you retrace your steps to where you first used the gesture after leaving that initial area.
By Anonymous
OP here, and I'm still surprised this hasn't been discussed more in depth. This seems like such a great and underutilized feature.
By Anonymous
I'm so glad that I am not the only one that noticed that they weren't just "reused for ambient noise". I kept hearing them in the Hunter's Dream and specifically in/near the workshop. I've also noticed that for the most part they "echo" as the same gender, but I have heard them switch genders a few times. Not sure what caused it, but just something I noticed. Thank you for posting this to reassure me that I am not crazy.
By Anonymous
Some gestures make the plain doll in hunters dream to clap her hands.
By Anonymous
You are probably hearing your character adjusting his or her own feet, not someone walking nearby. The doll also responds to a lot of gestures. Many, like "point forward", she just cocks her head at you like she doesn't know what you're trying to tell her. All of the "bowing" type gestures cause her to bow in return.
By Nupraptor
The beg for life gesture makes the doll clap
By Anonymous
When you do the gesture you can hear someone walking close to you. Also think that the gestures Doll claps to are those that you can use at certain points of the game to unlock stuff, since the make contact works on the fallen blob - with the frenzy attacks in the beginning - in the mensos nightmare.
By Anonymous
While maybe not important to anything, if you hold the "Make Contact" gesture long enough your character will shift position and alternate which arm is up and which is out.
By Anonymous
You can make contact with the big brain covered with eyeballs after you drop it down the hole and you have the mensis cage on your head, it will give you a rune. I presume you can make contact with more things, thats only what I found, also I'm not sure you need the mensis cage but I'm wearing it for safety.