Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

After killing him for the eye rune, I noticed that I could still talk to him (there was no body there so I was confused and attempted it) and there was some extra dialogue of "ah- ah." Or something extremely similar to that. It's very interesting that he was still able to communicate beyond death.

GHOSTofWILL

Souls: 50.00
Hell for all we know he was dead all along and there were just a bunch of cats under that robe gettin their rocking chair on. ;)
So I am on my first playthrough and I fell off before talking to him because of yurie when I went back the rune was there... is he gone forever?? (until ng+)
I really don't know what this guy is telling me to do, Do I just jump of the building to where he pointing at?
Yes, it leads to a boss fight

kogaO

Casual
Convict

Souls: 57.00
Wiki Edits: 1
tomb mold description - Mould that grows from rotten flesh and blood inside the old labyrinth. Matures to bear giant spores." and since he was the pioneer more or less i speculate that he has tomb mold growing from the back of his neck... lol be funny if he turned into a chalice dungeon or material idk just throwing random ideas to what that mold would end up doing to him in expansions maybe if left alive dlc will allow him to be harvested idk just shooting some ideas.

kogaO

Casual
Convict

Souls: 57.00
Wiki Edits: 1
also he didnt appear to have feet or hands visible in the areas you can see into his sleeves and under his wheel chair moving camera around a slowly examining but he has to hold the staff/cain with something but lack of arms n legs could just of been left out of his model.

GHOSTofWILL

Souls: 50.00
HA, he has lacy argyle pimp socks and his feets are being skewered by his rocking chair. I want his Pope hat doh, I think it's pretty sweet. :)
Am not sure what he bleeds now, but posts say its silvery kinblood, so yea! A kin he has become!
As you collect higher ranks of tomb mold,it becomes apparent that the glowing growths on his back are not the same as tomb mould. We can't can't be sure what it is exactly, but based on how he says fear the old blood and line our brains with eyes, Willem believed that insight and becoming Kin was the way to go. This is possibly just as design that shows him as very old, and alien or turning into, if not already a Kin. He bleeds red so its prob turning into.
Feets are there. Well, his pretty socks anyways.

Maybe he just pulled one arm into the robe for the cold. The staff is held through the sleve, it wraps around.
..A lot of posts about Willem and his growths, and I'd like to remind people that regular humans in this world follow the same rules as we do: They grow old and die. This fact, along with the various references to Willem somehow being dead or gone more or less confirms that he's no longer human - At least not entirely human. There's no way a regular person would ever grow as old as him, and humans don't bleed white. Now, his blood is similar to that of the doll, but it's -NOT- the same as the weird babies and Celestials. If you look closely you'll see that his blood is a bright silvery color, while theirs is actually a darker greyish green, as though it's somehow corrupted or dirty.
That the growths on his back are similar to those on the face of Ebrietas is also -NOT- true. His growths are florescent and spire-like, indeed similar to some forms of fungi. The growths on Ebrietas are not florecent, far larger and clearly tube-like and hollow.

Do I know what's going on with him? Not really, other than the fact that it obviously somehow relates to Rom, and that Master Willem himself is likely on the verge of being entirely mindless but somehow undying. I personally believe that he has transcended humanity but possibly at the cost of his mind.

If I had to come up with a theory, I'd say that the Rom is titled 'Vacuous' because (as one note states) he will not share the knowledge of what happened in the last days of Byrgenwerth. I think the Willem left his knowledge with with Rom, or somehow at least sacrificed his own mind to seal Yahar'Gul. A note states that he 'Left his secrets with the lake' but I don't think Rom is what that's referring to, seeing as so many others are aware of Rom and the Great Ones.
Willem's longlivity might be a direct result of Rom, trapping him in a Nightmare. I think the Willem we meet is stuck inside a nightmare, and he wants the player to free him, so he points to the source: Rom.
Nice post. I agree with your suggestion that Willem, as people knew him, is gone, evidenced by the description of the Lunarium Key stating, "In his final years, Master Willem was fond of the lookout," and "In the end, it is said, he left his secret with the lake." He poses a nice contrast with the agile Henryk who has been exposed to the blood Willem opposed, gone mad and is also living beyond his normal years.
He has mushrooms growing out of his neck (shudders)
Wut^
this whole game is disturbing (but awesome)..what do you expect really
I think he means "shadowlike figures", and those are the Bug heads jumping off of the bridge.
Did anyone else feel kind of bad after killing him for the eye rune?
Ehh, maybe a little. But the way I see it I'm just putting him out of his misery. At least I think he's miserable...
He's trying to reach enlightenment meaning you just killed an old man trying to achieve hi dream you monster
How is it that he has a rune on him, has he not been in byrgenwerth this whole time
It is said in the descriptions for the runes that their creator Caryll, was runesmith of Byrgenwerth. There were most likely some runes leftover in Byrgenwerth so Willem took one that is most connected to his job as a scholar, the eye rune that holds extra discovery. Hope that makes sense I am not too good at explaining things.
It's speculated from the description reading "master willem would have been proud of the runes, as they do not use blood" that Caryll and Willem were in correspondence at some point, so it was likely he kept the eye rune as a memento
Miyazaki confirms this in his interview in the Bloodborne Future Press guide. He goes further adding that his skull "served as the start of the Healing Church itself..." Should've listened to Willem, Laurence!
HA ! HA HA ! I knew it ! I Knew that it was laurence ! Good god, I'm so happy to be wright about the lore for once ! ( \^ w ^)/
Calm them tits man, make love not war , ( exposes anus)
Obviously via experimentation with the blood Willem told him to fear. It's pretty obvious given the particular flashback you see and the prominence the skull has in the cathedral
That means that Willem is extremely old and his transition to a great one(if that theory is correct) must have had some effect on his body that allowed to not decompose.

Mhazard

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 11,259.00
Bank: 5,542.50
Wiki Edits: 2218
You can find the rest of Laurence's body in Chalice Dungeon btw.
The only thing this proves is what a complete and utter ***** you are. Grow a pair you ******.
So he did go beast.
Really? Wow.