Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

In the intro to the fight, I got my first look at his face and the hat, hair, and bandaged eyes looks VERY familiar. Isn't he the one who talks to the player in the very beginning of the game and gives you a blood transfusion?
No, that character was in a wheelchair and he's found, if I remember correctly, being eaten by the first werewolf we come to meet. The bandaged eyes is a recuring theme in Bloodborne and the beard similarity is purely coincidental.
wrong, the one who gives u the blood transformation is on wheel chair, he is always in the hunters dream, and he is an important character in the game, this guy "father cascoine" has a sad story regarding him , you can check youtube for his whole story, its worth it
I don't think he was the guy being eaten by the wear wolf there would have been a wheel chair next to him
Everyone is half right so far... the man in the dream is Gerhman, the first hunter. He was not killed by a werewolf/etc, as he is crucial to the endgame.
Definitely not Father Gascoigne.
Whoa every single one of these answers is wrong lol. The guy giving you a blood transfusion is just a character known as "Blood Minister." He serves no purpose other than to admit you into the dream by injecting you with rotten-ass blood. He is not Gascoigne or Gehrman, he's just a run of the mill church doctor. We find plenty of wheelchair-bound doctors like himself in the Old Hunters DLC, up in the Research Hall (and other places, but here they are surrounded by transfusion kits and operating tables), and it seems that they do little more than experiment with different types of blood to see how different people will behave during a prolonged state of altered consciousness--will they become beasts or kin? Will they retain their sanity, or go mad from the horror of the hunt? After that they just kind of screw off and try their best to defend themselves from their patients.
It's odd that this strategy is missing - if you don't use the music box AT ALL until he's a beast, it works the full three times.

The More You Know
Not really i tried this morning only worked once

MaskedTheMan

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 905.00
Wiki Edits: 2
Yeah, you're wrong. The music box only works once during each fight with Gascoigne, no matter what phase you use it during.
In his beast form just bombard him with modletove ****
By far the coolest boss fight in the game. Not the hardest, but the coolest

MaskedTheMan

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 905.00
Wiki Edits: 2
"What's that smell? ...The sweet blood, oh, it sings to me. It's enough to make a man sick!"
Little correction - Gascoigne isn't an Irish name, it's French, meaning 'From Gascony'.
French here. Gascoigne doesn't exist in our language afaik. Gascogne means Gascony and Gascon means "from Gascony"
What a steaming crock of horsesh1t. It's a cut scene... No, it's a boss battle... And your dead. Thank you for playing.
Well, cutscenes before boss fights is usually how it works...
Ruines cutscene with a flailinf cloak. How did that even pass quality contril, stupid japs
stupid racist
This is my fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtQOHe3ZdEM
Really hard boss - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtQOHe3ZdEM

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 19,940.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2141
Please, can you stop spamming your You Tube Channel all over the Wiki Comment Section ?
Please ?
Thank you
Gascoigne is not as difficult as so many seem to claim. Definitely make use of the tombstones and the big tree to control the space for both offense and defense. This lets you temper his attacks much easier and to use vials and even the music box, as needed. If you really want a challenge, take him up the stairs.
I agree. I beat him on the first try. I put the music box out as soon as he turned to the beast, then hit him with a strong attack and followed up with a visceral. That was all it took. Took me three tries to take care of the cleric beast.