Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

It should be noted that BSB seems to have changed his behaviour from what you can see from the very early let's plays. From what I saw on those videos, when they dodged the BSB to the left, it never jumped forward far away, like it always does now, instead it just stood there. So, in those videos, the hunter could simply dodge and then hit the beast without almost any delay. This never happened to me! Whenever I dodged, the BSB always jumped forward by a lot, thus not leaving much time for punishment. Thus I had to purpusefully place myself in front and a bit to the left of a pillar, so that, when I dodged the beast, it would still jump forward but it would usually be stopped by the pillar and leave me time to punish it.
I know several people did this but when You meet the beast run on the left side of the statue and make a "choke" point for him that way you can go around the statue and be safe, but you have to be on your feet. Ive tried this almost beat him in my first try, but the server disconnected and I got into rage mode
What i found was effective was dodging towards him and hitting him several times from the back, however in his last stage it is quite hard to stay true to this strat due to his poison "cloud"
This is true. the beast at times unleashes wild slashes, but in its fervor it suffers from severe turning disability. As long as you are behind it, you can freely smash it.
Shouldn't it be "The Bled Beast"? Being it was skinned and bled for blood like the one in the church where you find the ritual blood on the alter?

Blood starved sounds odd for its not starving so much as it is very ticked off...and skinned alive almost.
To starve something can also mean to provide a lack of, so "blood starved" could literally mean a lack of blood.
The second is the dead one hanging.
Bled for blood? Or perhaps, offered blood in tribute? In any case, the name "Blood-starved Beast" is still appropriate, since it is so easily distracted by pungent blood-cocktails. Besides, even if it was bled for blood, one of the main symptoms of massive blood-loss is thirstiness...
The blood starved beast definitely wasn't bled for blood. No one would drink the blood of beasts except crazed hunters and pale bloods like the player who seem to be immune or have great resistance. Think about it, you don't want to be a beast and join the scourge, else you will kill your loved ones and be hunted. Drinking the blood of those infected by the beast scourge seems to be a good way to end up a beast. It certainly wasn't bled for blood, it was torchured as people hate beasts. There must had been two of them, one died but another must have gotten free and got its revenge. The smaller beasts could had broken in and freed it. The blood starved beast could be an abused beast thirsting for revenge. Too long has it been the one bled, now it wants to make others bleed and prob eat them too.
I AM THE VISCERAL-GOD
Gay
First time i fought this guy i went in with a mainly strength based character because i did not really know which stat I wanted to invest into. To put it simply, i wrecked the BSB on my first try. I started going through the game again with a blood tinge and skill build so i can main Simon's bow blade as soon as i can. Many of the bosses were even easier this time around except for BSB. For whatever reason i just cant do much of anything to him on his last phase. I can open him up to Visceral attacks fairly consistently but on his last phase the consistency dwindles and i just constantly get slashed then get immediately poisoned. And yes, i have tried the throw-able item that attracts the BSB, though he constantly does the running lunge about twice, leaving almost no time to open him up to visceral attacks, he then proceeds to go ham on me with slashes and poison procs. Almost deciding to abandon the Bloodtinge/Skill run and just start that pure arcane run that seems a lot more fun then what i am dealing with right now. Gotta "git gud", i guess. Anybody else have this kind of trouble when fighting this guy?
Try to go defensive, use the altar or a column to block him, bait his combo and try to dodge behind him as he can't turn well, fire paper is great. Even if your arcane is slow, it still gives an 80 bonus fire damage.
Im currently a level 30 Skill build and BSB is destroying me. I know.. "git gud" but I am in complete agreement with this post. BSBs third stage is terrifying to get up close to even with Alfred around. I've tried plenty of techniques like fire paper and blood lures, dodging left and using pillars to block. Yet, I BSB gets to about 25% health left he is practically untouchable leaving me empty of items and hope. I'm starting to think this is definitely a worthy battle for Skill builds and maybe the only route to take is grinding and leveling up more until BSB can be put to rest.
Still having trouble w the skill build?co op and Alfred can give you breathing room. You can take the fight to the altar thing and make it block the beast to give you more breathing room, or any obstacles.
Update: Just went through with an arcane build, beat him first try. I just suck with bloodtinge/skill builds. Or flame sprayer is just a bit too effective on BSB.
Oil urn further exploits his fire sensitivities
All I can suggest is to parry him in p3. I barely did it in a skil build. Was poisoned n almost dead, got one last party off to seal his deal.

Matroska

Souls: 35.00
Wiki Edits: 6
I think I was pretty overlevelled when I got to this boss. Level 50 and I killed him without taking any damage in about 10 seconds (not an exaggeration). I guess this is a kind of Pinwheel situation where you can do him pretty ***** early in the game where he's quite tough but if you explore around and get here later, he's a joke.
actually i beat him first try to parrying him was really easy hell vicar amelia put up more of a fight

Matroska

That's why I made the Pinwheel comparison. You can do Pinwheel as your first boss in the game (not counting Asylum Demon) or you can do it when the plot takes you there after Anor Londo, after you've managed to beat O&S.

Matroska

Well she should because she's a later boss. That was my point, you can actually do BSB as your 2nd boss in the game. Leave him much later and he's way too easy.

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 72,591.50
Wiki Edits: 14213
Greetings,

I'd like to add some stuff the Blood-starved Beast page but it is still "locked".

If anyone could unlock the page I'd be much obliged.

Rakuyo
Shop IconShop Icon
The ailing version is an absolute nightmare. Visceral attacks make the biggest impact, and the attack to try it on is when he draws his right arm back, but also rears up a little - so instead of the dash, he tries one or two hits. It gets nastier later on, but focus on avoiding the other moves and just visceral this.
Also, the third stage is a good chance to just shoot him if you've got good Bloodtinge or Arcane - Blacksky Eye and Moonlight R2 did it for me. Safest option too!
Throw blood **** can stun or rather distract it if you want to play I safe. Use the time to heal and try to get behind it. Switch black sky eye to augr if he is near because augr can parry. Also has big stagger power against it.
Is it weird that i beat this boss first try but i had so much trouble with vicar amelia?
no