Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki
By Anonymous
Totally not happening for me.. Have crushed vermin I front of Valtr and got items. No hunter has appeared even after reloading area several times.. Any ideas?
By Anonymous
All I did to have the Madaras hunter appear for me was reawaken at the Forbidden Woods lamp, after having joined the League and beat the Shadows of Yharnam. I haven't even crushed one vermin yet.
By Anonymous
There is an unspecified trigger for this hunter, no idea what...
By Anonymous
How many vermin have you crushed? You need 5
By Anonymous
I am saying that didn't happen for me
By Anonymous
I am saying that didn't happen for me
By Anonymous
Followed by reload
By Anonymous
Since the patch and dlc I've made 4 new characters on top of my existing characters. All my characters were able to get the rune, staff, gesture, helm, and whistle from npc fight no problem except my last 2 characters. With my last 2 Valtr will give me the rune and I'll keep it on, crush some vermin, and go back but he won't give me the staff or gesture and the npc with the whistle will never show up. No matter how much vermin I crush (with rune on). Anyone else getting this problem?
By Anonymous
I've been told you can summon Valtr as long as you wear the rune, dead or alive. As for difficulty with vermin, I heard you need to crush the vermin one at a time in front of Valtr for some reason.
By Anonymous
If you kill him, I'm guessing he can't be summoned with the old hunter bell, right?
By Anonymous
I came up the elevator that you use to get up to valtr and he began attack on sight when i did nothing. He killed me in 3 hits and now every time i spawn he will rush out the wind mill and attack killing me. Any tips to end his aggression?
By Anonymous
Its an unfortunate bug, but i doubt you can calm an enraged NPC until next play through. You csn still get his helm
By Anonymous
Stay defensive, rush to elevator, activate it, get off if valtr is on it with you. You wsnt to be on the elevator when he isnt so he falls and hurts himself, giving you and advantage. Just make sure you survive too and you dodge any plunge attacks he tries. Be ready to combo him if the falls before the elevator gets low enough to kill him.Alternstively, aggresdive hunters are vulnerable to visceral. Ludwigs holy blade has a charge attack that knocks most humans down and definitely has more reach than his weapon.
By Anonymous
Its an unfortunate bug, but i doubt you can calm an enraged NPC until next play through. You csn still get his helm
By Anonymous
Does he go to a diffrent location other then his summoning areas?
By Anonymous
Once he leaves you cant find him anymore except his summon signs on boss fights. Maybe now thst he has another worthy sucessor, a strongnhunter who kills quite a bunch of vermin, he no longer has to stay still anf recruit. He leaves the work to us and ventures off to kill more vermin. Or maybe the hostile hunter devours him with the madaras whistle? Helm was placed neatly, no signs of struggle. No obvious massive blood stains either.Hopefully he is just wsndering and slaying vermin.
By Anonymous
So I squashed 5 vermin, talked to Valtr, reloaded the game to get the Master's Iron Helm. Went to the Hunter's Nightmare and before the first boss, there's a sign outside from where you can summon him. I did and he appeared without his helm. I thought this was standard until I was summoned to another player's world and he had summoned Valtr too, but he had his helmet on.
By PotatoBaggins
Yep, upon fully finishing Valtr's questline and he gives you his helmet, he becomes "Valtr, Beast Eater" in the DLC instead of "Valtr, Master of the League"
By Anonymous
Noticed this today after summoning him to kill Laurence and had to see if it was up on the wiki, and now it is. :D Hopefully I phrased it well and the picture is sufficient, he does have a mustache and a bit of stubble around his jawline for those interested.
By Anonymous
I feel Valtr or Alfred are the bloodborne equivalent of solaire
By Anonymous
His sign is appearing for me for the fight with ludwig. I joined the leauge, equipped impurity and looked all over, checking every little cavern around the blood river but no sign to be found.
By Anonymous
It's the little details like this that makes me love the souls/blood games ^_^
By Anonymous
His sign is appearing for me for the fight with ludwig. I joined the leauge, equipped impurity and looked all over, checking every little cavern around the blood river but no sign to be found.
By Anonymous
He wears down his helmet and becomes The Beast Eater instead of Master of the League after you become... well, its new master.
By Anonymous
By Anonymous
I noticed that too when I summoned him. I think that's pretty cool that he shows up without the helm after he gives it to you in the woods.
By PotatoBaggins
Yep, upon fully finishing Valtr's questline and he gives you his helmet, he becomes "Valtr, Beast Eater" in the DLC instead of "Valtr, Master of the League"
By Anonymous
I spoke to Valtr, he gave me the rune, I got and crushed more than 5 vermin and spoke to him, he just say's the same thing over and over "The League exist's to expunge all vermin, ridding us of any trace of human corruption. And so, until we are rid of all vermin, you must continue to hunt and kill. This bloody fate is our's alone. Do not expect the world to grasp our work... But remember, the confederates will always have my blessing... And each other. Always." I cannot get the gesture or the helm but I can summon him as help.
By Anonymous
Yeah you have to go to the hunters dream and return
By Anonymous
Yeah you have to go to the hunters dream and return
By Anonymous
I managed to sort by going and coming back, when I did he gave me the staff and gesture. I spoke to him again to get the dialogue before he leaves. I jumped off a ledge and respawned, as I picked up his helm and went outside of the hut the hunter appeared.
By Anonymous
I didn't get an item at first I went back up and there was another Hunter up there I killed him and then I gotta Madaras whistle...so score lol
By Anonymous
Not surw what that guys deal is but from the madaras whistle, he must be the survivng madaras twin. A fellow league member perhaps? He attacks after you claim the bucket helm, weilded by the leader, valtr. Is he jealous/ wanted the helm and wanted to be the leader?
By Anonymous
Guys I had Mastr Valtr summon sign before the Laurence fight in the Cathedral... But now it's gone... Any tips??? Do we only get one summoning chance, cause I've summoned him once!
By Anonymous
It might be wise to keep the League rune equipped, I think that's the only time you can summon (npc) members from the league to help you. If not, you can probably use the old hunter bell to summon ("Henriet"?), she's down the stairs by the lamp before the red eyed hunter that drops down.
By Anonymous
hey just had this happen to me. this occurs when you crush enough vermin for him to leave. go get the helmet from the woods and come back and he'll be available as valtr beast eater instead of master of the league without his helmet
By Anonymous
Is it just me or does Ludwig slam Valtr through the game's world every time he is summoned to fight? The moment he walks in Ludwig does a jump slam on Valtr which causes him to vanish when hit. He then dies moments later. This has happened 5 times to me now with Ludwig and it's pretty annoying.
By Anonymous
I feel you bros. Happened to me once, but I kinda felt betrayed by him leaving me to fend off against ludwig the big *****
By Anonymous
That's happened to me when fighting the watchdog boss with an Npc summon!