Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Why is Gherman normally wearing the hat that you get with the badge after you kill him but he wears a top hat during the fight with him and the refusal cutscene.
Gehrman dresses up as its your "graduation" in a sense. Your hunter finally finished his or her dream.
When killed he will now drop a single bold hunters mark regardless of if the umbilical cords have been consumed, so you can go buy his scythe.
Every badge you already have is replaced by a BHM in NG+.
Does the rune affect the ending cinematic?
I cant find him after disappears from house, it says he garden but i looked EVERYWHERE
He isn't always there
He's giving me abandonment issues
Could it be that Lady Maria was Gherman's wife, and that she got pregnant with a great one's child and she died at birth and Gherman killed the child, so the moon presence used him as a guardian for the dream and used the doll as a surrogate and made it to resemble lady Maria as a sick joke for Gherman or that it was to help Gherman cope with her loss...
To comment 3, I doubt the hunters strange black form at the end makes him the child of the moon presence. He just killed it, and the cords he ate and blood he used to get strong came from the bodies of different great ones and beasts.To commentator 1, read the description of accursed brew, yet another objective of the raid at the fishing hamlet. Master Willem does say the to ascend, we must line our brains w eyes. Those eyes could had come from interactions w the many parasites teeming in the body of Kos, moving to the village and making fishmen out of normal folk.
*Spoiler?*
I want to say that the third umbilical cord in the workshop is from the Orphan of Kos as it is mentioned that Kos' child was taken and would make sense as to why the church was poking around there (to kill a great one and get the umbilical cord). Perhaps Gehrman regretted it and chose to take the cord with him. I don't see why he'd just flat out kill the child. I think Gehrman is technically the surrogate or host of the Hunter's dream made by the Moon Presence for a temporary escape from the beast plague as the doll isn't really a person. You can kill the doll too and everything doesn't just collapse, I want to say Gehrman chose to have the doll appear that way. It's known he fancied his student, but not much is given on an actual relationship. Although the grave with the old Hunter's bone could be Lady Maria's. Seeing how she fights with blood and is drenched in it upon meeting her she may have gone mad like the rest of the Hunters and was inevitably put down. Idk.
She*
Its specifically stated that Maria was unaware of Gherman's mania. Meaning she didn't quite understand his attraction, or return it in any way. They were not in a relationship.
Well there was the Small Hair Ornament. So maybe she was around or maybe Gehrman just kept it as a memento.
Maria killed herself ya dinguses. Her slit is cut when you meet her and fight her. He was a student of his which he had feelings for and she didnt return them and in his mania he created the doll to resemble her. When you kill maria, the doll gives you a dialogue inferring this. She blocked the way to the fishing hamlet to either protect it from the hunters or to protect the hunters from it.
Yeah the doll is a man-made contraption void of life and you can find her in the abandoned workshop which implies it existed before the Hunter's Dream meaning the doll already looked that way before the Moon Presence made the dream. Also it isn't clear what a surrogate has to be. It could be a surrogate child like the ending where you become the child of the Moon Presence, or simply the host (like Micolash) is considered the surrogate (some contradictions to this). Although she seems to be possessed by something greater.
Maria dumping Rakuyo down the well when she could stomach it no longer, plus her suicide suggests she is guilt bound to the nightmare. She regretted participating in the fishing hamlet raid and felt bad about the patients as many of them look up to her. Most likely she protects it as she feels they have suffered too much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwvGRgzlebc
How long has Gehrman been trapped in the dream? A poor lonely old man so "alone" and "lonely". Gehrman wud do the doll way too much. Disgusted by his eternal lust the moon presence slices off a leg and bounds him on a wheel chair. Adds weird magic and ***** too. Try hitting the doll, white sperm will flow out of her. This must be Gehrmans raging past that desperately thirsted for company. A ritual the moon presence could no longer stomach.Gehrman tells you fo make use of the doll in the beginning. This is his last desperate attempt that you share his twisted fetish. Disappointed that you don't and his dreams of hard dashed away, he becomes more distant as the tale progresses. Disappearing more and only being seen dreaming about his lost youth.
Oh ok then
this is the worst thing i have ever seen.
Maybe it wasn't enough, losing that leg could not deter his will, crafting a peg leg, perfecting quickstep for rabid back and forth movements...thats why he sleeps a lot and isn't there. The moon presence wants to minimize the time he is awake to preserve its eyes and shield itself from the dark noises and the grisly raw scenes.
this is the worst thing i have ever seen.
that is disgusting
They say gherman wears un obtainable gloves I'm the final fight with him, but they look like henryks gloves, they have been bound with straps or bandages, and it looks like he wears a charred hunter set looking cape, and a top hat

Fiddlesticks

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 715.00
Wiki Edits: 111
Horey for fashionborne!

Fiddlesticks

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 715.00
Wiki Edits: 111
Horey for fashionborne!
Is Gerhman glitched or is there a lore explanation for why he's not always visible? Because I'll sometimes load into the room and he'll be talking about when Laurence will return or some old man babble. I assumed he was in the garden but after a couple of times I've pinpointed the location the be in the room at the exact spot he usually is in after you defeat the first couple of main story bosses. What's the deal, is my game glitched? Or is he a spooky ghost?
Gherman is a ghost. The very first hunter of the church. He invented. The trick weapons and hunertechniques. The old hunter bone it you find may have been his or a pupils( his quickstep is stronger ). He has been dead for quite sometime. His disappearance isn't bugged, he could be deeper in the hunters dream or running some moon presence errand. He could also just be invisible, being dead and all
For clarification; by garden, I mean the location you fight him in.