Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

The stratigy section of this wiki says the Brainsuckers are impossible to sneak up upon for a charged R2 and viceral attack. While I found this to be true normally, I found that using a blue elixir allowed me to sneak up close enough to the ones in the upper cathedral ward to get within the range of the lone Brainsuckers and do a charged R2 attack of the Ludwig's Holy Blade in its greatsword form. Then I could finish them off with the viceral attack.

Even the group of them at the top of the ladder that you have to kill to get the Orphanage key are easier to take on while using the elixers, as the elixer will prevent all of them from aggroing onto you at once. You do still have to be careful to move slowly and stay out of their line of sight, but it makes it eaiser. Also, don't be afraid to purposly fall down the hole with the ladder if you screw tings up, the fall damage is less than what you'd take if they grab you and you still keep your insight. Doing this I was able to take out the one on the second floor between you and the door to the area with the "Make Contact" statue, then open the door without aggroing the others. The remaining ones are much easier to kill in the statue's room because you'll have more room to dodge their stun/grab attacks.
So, no joke but my friend lost about 50 Insight in one grab (from 70 down to 20). I'm not sure where she was or if her Brainsucker was a special one in a dungeon or something, but seeing that scared the crap out of me. I just avoid them at all costs now...
So, no joke but my friend lost about 50 Insight in one grab (from 70 down to 20). I'm not sure where she was or if her Brainsucker was a special one in a dungeon or something, but seeing that scared the crap out of me. I just avoid them at all costs now...
The method i figured out and use, after so much insight was lost, is an upgraded torch, +6 about or better, lock on and approch and spam L2 repeatedly and they will not recover n be continuously interrupted in thier attack animation and die before you are out of stamina or can attack you at all. Suprised this is not up here and that it says fire is ineffective as ive always used this method effectively.
can confirm this works really well against the mob. havent tried versus the boss version
"Hey, let's put an anoying mini cuthulu in the game that steals the very rare insight stat, no! Let him steal 2!
Now, that's not evil enough, we should make it resistant to almost everything and make him spam his insight stealing attack a million times in a row!
That's totally fair and balanced, yes, let's do just that.
lmao this comment really made me lol
AGREED!
I loathe this things existence.
I loathe this things existence.
when they catch you for steal your insights just quit game then you reload !! dan dan ;D (bad english for my sorry)

zgillet

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 501.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 9
LobosJR begs to differ. It doesn't do anything to your save.
you know that this can ***** up your savefiles?^^
No it can't...
No it can't...
The Brainsucker found guarding the waning fire gem (under the elevator leaving behind the Cathedral Ward gate) can be killed with a molotov alone at 10 or higher arcane in NG (tested with 9 arcane, survived with ~1hp, died with 10 arcane).
If your skill is relativly high you can kill them with two throwing knives, note just make sure you wont be attacked mid animation
For those struggling with these abominations do an arcane build, the Tiny Tonitrus will end them (unless they are in a doorway)
THE TINY TONITRUS!
Ofcourse! Why didn't I think of it before?
you can't even cry ! As ya head has been sucked dry !
THE TINY TONITRUS!
THE TINY TONITRUS!
THE TINY TONITRUS!
why don't just spend all insights before going to the upper upper cathedral ward then use tonitris on them and axe on wolves stucking in the doors?
that make this part very easy considering you should pass through it just once for looting stuff and opening shortcut.
I completely disagree, using the hunter blunderbuss interrupts and staggers them for a visceral attack during their grab attack as it has a higher stopping force than that of the hunter pistol.