Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki
By Anonymous
so are the game developers saying its somehow wrong to like the doll or something? the description sounds like that dumb old people babble how robot women are bad or something. I think that's stupid, I wonder if it's hinting at a larger role she might play instead.
By Anonymous
As to what the tear stone is. If you understand literature and percise grammer youd know it was directed to the stone. Thinking they meant the doll because it mentioned the doll earlier on in the sentence is stupid. They are talking about whoever who would hold an interest to such a stone would be confused and somewhat baffled by how it came to be. Since the doll sheds neither blood or tears. This is a simple trick the teached in grade school to discover the true subject of a sentence. By reversing it.
By Anonymous
I assume you are referring to: "A doll sheds neither blood nor tears, and thus its nature remains unknown." It's not talking about the doll. It's talking about the stone. If it's not blood or a tear, then it is of unknown nature.
By Anonymous
The full quote is a doll sheds neither blood nor tears, and thus its nature remains unknown. Who ever thinks this is precious must be troubled by severe naivete
By Anonymous
Bouncing off of what the others have said, the devs are hinting at the doll having given many hunters the stone before but none of them have woken from the Hunter's Dream. It's a vicious cycle, like in the Souls games.
By Anonymous
The game developers are trying to pose a reflection on weather she should be loved. Its implied that people dont love or respect her. Later in the game she makes a comment about the gods and love. And how they made humans. She then says that she was made by humans yet do they love her? But she loves them, because thats how she was made. Suggesting the gods love people just about as much as a person loves a doll. I think the developers are just trying to make ua think about philosophy.
By Anonymous
Not sure if the tear stone has another use, but it seems odd that you get one item from the hairpin that can be consumed. Alternate use for the Red Gem found near Father Gregoire was for a quest. Can anyone confirm no other use for this item [Tear Stone]
By Anonymous
^ its the same thing
By Anonymous
Can confirm that Tear Stone does not work on little girl PRIOR to giving brooch before fighting vicar...
By Anonymous
His name is FATHER GASCOIGNE, Jesus as much thought as we all give to details in this game and you can't remember the first hunter you fight, I hope people don't rely on help from you.
By Anonymous
just completed the game and the item wasn't removed from my inventory, nor was the music box , vicar's amulet was removed though if that's anything of note.
By Anonymous
what have other people received after consuming this item, I want to know if the blood gem received is random or not
By Anonymous
^ its the same thing
By Anonymous
anyone try giving it to crying girl after giving her brooch before fighting vicar.
By Anonymous
Agreed. But I haven't found any alternate use yet.
By Anonymous
^lols
By Anonymous
if you wouldn't consume the stone for the blood gem...because you think it's too precious like a gift from a lover...you're too naive...the doll gave you this so you can use it in the game not for memorabilia purposes..........all this crap talk about.....you guys are watching too much anime...
By Anonymous
The music box girl, you can keep or give moms pendant. It gives blood stone too. So im keeping mine just in case they have a second use.
By Anonymous
Strange, when i got the Tear Stone, the last paragraph wasn't there. "Whoever thinks this is precious must be troubled by severe naivete." <- This text was not on my item decription. Significant or ???
By Anonymous
Skipping the Doll's dialogue can cause the game to not give the Tear Stone. Seems to happen most often when mashing X, so at least let her start to say the beginning of each line first if you're that impatient.
By Anonymous
My tear stone doesn't have "Whoever thinks this is precious must be troubled by severe naivete." in its description. How come?
By Anonymous
lies
By Anonymous
Mine doesn't have that either, what region is your copy of the game? Mine is Australian, maybe that has something to do with it?
By Anonymous
I know this is a bit controversial... but think about it. The last line in the description has been censored, and sorta contained a reference on the value and real nature of the item. Also think about the strange sexual relationship between Gehrman and the plain doll. I think the tear stone is in fact... sperm. "A doll sheds neither blood nor tears and thus its nature remains unknown" Think about it... a doll can't shed tears, so what's this strange solidified fluid she is giving us? Well i think i've already answered, it's Gehrman's solidified sperm
By Anonymous
Wait, so if your theory is that the gem is actually... Is that why when she's white flies everywhere?
By Anonymous
i suggest everyone seeing the theory this youtuber fungo recently posted on youtube. It may be a little proof that this theory is not just too crazy.
By Anonymous
it wouldn't be controversial. just stupid, bad writing. The description doesn't allude to anything sexual at all, that's totally something he's projecting on to it. More likely, like the wiki says, it's a nod to the tearstone ring items in Dark Souls.
By Anonymous
Did no one see her wipe her eye, which obviously is where this tear originated.
By Anonymous
Yeah I mean come on, she says "Is this joy?", she then sheds a "tear stone". Sorry to burst your theory bubble but it aint semen.
By Anonymous
If you attack the doll, she bleeds white, so I think it's more likely her blood (especially since it gives you a blood gem and is in a game in which everything is linked to blood somehow). I don't think anyone would put semen in a AAA title like that anyway, it'd be way too controversial.
By Anonymous
She's dead*, sorry for typo
By Anonymous
If you attack the doll, she bleeds white, so I think it's more likely her blood (especially since it gives you a blood gem and is in a game in which everything is linked to blood somehow). I don't think anyone would put semen in a AAA title like that anyway, it'd be way too controversial.
By Anonymous
I received a gem which gives me continuous +2hp. Also I would like to point out that in fact the doll doesnt speak doesnt talk and doesnt power you up because the real doll is in the ancient workshop,and is just a souless being. The one you see in the hunter's dream is a Gehrman's living projection; that yoi can see by having at least 1 insight (since it's what gives you the ability to understand the dream/nightmare manifestations into reality)
By Anonymous
Anyone else receive anything different? A gem continuously giving you HP is pretty decent if you're a patient player because some gems give you +ATK at full HP when you're just a tiny bit under full HP you're not going to use a vial.
By Anonymous
The gem is really great. Three of them in the secondary weapon slot heal you in and outfight
By Anonymous
I received a gem which gives me continuous +2hp. Also I would like to point out that in fact the doll doesnt speak doesnt talk and doesnt power you up because the real doll is in the ancient workshop,and is just a souless being. The one you see in the hunter's dream is a Gehrman's living projection; that yoi can see by having at least 1 insight (since it's what gives you the ability to understand the dream/nightmare manifestations into reality)
By Anonymous
The point is that the Doll isn't a real being; her tears of joy aren't anything special, significant, or even valuable, according to the (biased) narrator that describes the items. Holding proof of friendship from an inanimate object is hopelessly naive, and foolish.
By Anonymous
It could simply mean that those who think this is a precious or valuable stone are naive. However what if its referring to the doll? what if Fromsoft are calling those who trust the doll naive? anyone who has seen the "winter lantern" enemy up close will surely understand my argument isn't baseless, and especial if you consider the true ending in which you *spoilers* turn into a great one baby which the doll then cuddles and coos over, maybe she has been manipulating us the whole time?
By Anonymous
Two things: regarding the baby bit, is it possible the doll is lonely? She had Gerhman for a while for company but now all she sees is random passerbys that have a bad habit of dying too soon. Secondly, they talk about people being naive about valuing something essentially"worthless" but isn't that sometimes what sentiment does to people? It isn't neccessarily that the object does or does not have value but that the memories that the object can bring to people are sometimes worth more than just material goods can. Example might be keeping a child's plastic ring if something tragic happened to them... To the parents that little ring, not even worth a nickel to anyone else, could be absolutely priceless to those parents for the memories they are still able to conjure up. Just some thoughts..
By Anonymous
So, if the Doll doesn't shed blood.. what is that white stuff you see when you physically hit her?
By Anonymous
She may be a pleasure model
By Anonymous
Nuggets
By Anonymous
porcelain
By Anonymous
well, she's a life-sized replica of gehrman's crush, lady maria, and he informs us that we can 'use the doll, should it please us'. i think it's pretty obvious what it is.
By Anonymous
In the Plain Doll page, it's written that it can be used "to upgrade any weapon after it is consumed." Any confirm ? How that works ?
By Anonymous
That it's already confirmed. If that's what that mean, it's bad written, since it's look like it can be used instead of a Blood Rock.
By Anonymous
Irony really isnt that sweet its actually kind of 'salty'
By Anonymous
"Bad written", sweet irony...
By Anonymous
If you use it, it gives a Tear Blood Gem which is a Blood Gem that can be equipped to a weapon.
By Anonymous
It appears to be made of opal, for whatever relevance that has
By Anonymous
Is it possible to get more than one of these in anyway NG+ Wise (you give her the come in ng plus if it’s still in da real world workshop) if I cloud be answered pls help
By Anonymous
Yes you can get multiple