Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I found a strange empty room behind a ilusion wall rigth after the first lamp, theres nothing in there exept the basic pots and stuff, maybe theres some kind of secret,
did anyone ever see something like it?
if u want to check it out : rzwkybcq

Ayriak

Souls: 50.00
I've seen several of those rooms in Isz, a handful in Ihyll, and none in Loran out of dozens upon dozens of chalices created. On the odd occasion there's been a small treasure chest or two, but aside from that, nothing noteworthy.

I also tried using each gesture in front of the small stone altar that has a stone skull, but nothing happened.
If nobody has found it yet it has to be for sure behind a hidden wall, they are difficult to find as there are hundreds of walls to hit. Did anybody even try to hit all walls?

Thirty7

^^Can you find a section with no obvious large chest, thus meaning a special item could in fact be behind an illusory wall?

In any case, that was very informative, so cheers to you good hunter.
That was my thought as well, though they're easy and hard to find. Easy because they have lanterns with the little ones holding a lamp. And hard because you'll have to check every wall you pass which will take forever.
Illusory walls aren't the problem. Chalice Dungeon layouts are formulaic in their design. Every Layer is divided by between 2-4 floors, separated into 1-3 sections, and each section is usually isolated from one another, but sometimes they are connected by a single one-way-locked door, and each section has 1 massive treasure chest (and/or lever in the case of the main section) which may hold the reward of a Rune. If you plunder a section of a Layer of a dungeon and you find the tomb treasure, that's it, there are no more in that section. There may be Illusory Walls hiding some more goodies, but there won't be any more tomb treasures that hold any more Runes. For that you'll have to go to a new section.

There can be no more than 12 possible special rewards for any given Chalice Dungeon, but it's incredibly rare that you'll get more than 8. That's 8-12 chances that you'll find the Rune in a dungeon. Once you find the chest, that's 1 of the chances spent. No Illusory Wall will change that.

Herpderp1

I've been making and grinding through Depth 5 dungeons the past few weeks and still no lvl 3 rune.

I'm starting to think it may be the same case as the Pendant from DS1 because of this.
tryed every Depth 5 dungeon with various runes? (Eye, Milkweed?) maybe there is some kind of code.
Agreed, you'd think someone would have found it at this point.
No code. No hidden secret. It's all just a matter of trial and error. There just aren't enough people doing it. Game's been out for almost a year, and most of the popularity was in that first couple of months. There's many players, but not nearly as many players scouring dungeons like they were in the earlier days. Also remember, this is ONE Rune we're talking about. Dungeons can have weapons or runes as their unique treasures, and there's dozens of those. It's lottery odds we're dealing with.

So fewer players combined with really unlikely odds is why it's yet to be found.
If it were possible to get this rune I'm sure someone would have found it by now, I mean, the DLC has been out since what? November?
I suspect the rune isn't even in the game. I think the developers plan on releasing a new chalice dungeon or something and that it will be available then.
I know they said they wouldn't do another major DLC, but I don't think a new chalice is out of the question.
Check this video on youtube http://youtu.be/okEL7SyiZ5o. I've opened a similar root chalice, even though its a normal Isz root chalice ( no offerings ) rather than being a Lower Ailing Loran. It has 4 layers, and on layer 4, I can go to a room exactly like the one shown in this video, and can find the exact item inside the pillar. But I've tried everything I can in both chalice dungeons, with no ability to break the wall and get that item. In case you wanted to check my dungeon instead of that video, or even make sure that they're the same, then my chalice glyph would be: 29mvkbhc
You can say all you want**
You can say all you wont, but its not considered wise to talk before watching the video, and plus how many views am I fishing for views on youtube ? 5 ? No thank you, and besides, its not my channel, not even my friend's channel. But thanks for stoping by kid.

jdp

Souls: 141.50
Wiki Edits: 9
Troll comment fishing for view on youtube.

jdp

I've seen the video when it was released. I even posted a comment. Let me give you some advice, the title posted "Third guidance rune found, but cant be reached!" There is no telling what that item could be, so you statement is already misleading. Furthermore my good friend in the comments already attempted to break that wall, have a nice day :)
It could be misleading to you, but yeah, you might be right, or you might be wrong. To me I see that it is the missing rune, just as much as you see it misleading. Have a nicer day ;D
nice try but misleading title. I think it's just a glitch (happens quite often in root chalice) and a rune will always lay in a chest. should be a blood vial or something.
Still misleading title though.
Come to think of it, I might've rushed things, so I'm sorry for those who'd think its misleading, yet I think its the rune, yet again it might be a glitch, who knows.
i´m pretty sure its a bug,.. i tested so many things, different runes, hitting the wall, nothing.
and if seen in other dungeons that som items seem to be missplaced, (one item were stuck iside a wall)
Am i the only one who thinks that guidance rune +30 may has a diferent appearance because of the astral clocktower unknown rune
in the guide it says its in an isz chalice
Did it state anything about it being a F/R/C chalice, or just a normal root chalice ?
Rites don't matter. They just help players generate more variations of dungeons. The only thing that matters is the Chalice.

I don't know what guide the poster is talking about that supposedly says it's in the Isz dungeon, though...
Given this game's obsession with eyes, is it possible that what Ludwig saw was Muscae volitantes? Or floaters?
Could also be RCS syndrome. Ludwig needs to keep his stress-levels in check.
Am I the only one who thinks that saying that the 30% rune can be found "in depth 5 root dungeons" is a little vague? I don't own a copy of the official DLC guide, so I have no idea what it actually says about this rune, but I do own a copy of the official guide for the main game and it's always mentioned in which root chalices which of the runes can be found. Like, it always says "Acquired from" and then "Depth 5 Isz Root Dungeon Treasure" or "Depth 5 Loran Root Dungeon Treasure" etc.

Cpt_Shorty528

I'm at school rn, but I think I figured it out. Can someone please test this out for me?

So, you know all those runes on Lady Maria's clocktower, well, there is that one rune sketch that we can't figure out. It is reasonable to assume it is the third level guidance rune. I beleive it is in the Isz chalice due to many things, BUT, since the rune is in Maria's place, this could mean that it has something to do with her. Now, yesterday, I was in the Isz, and after I killed the 2nd layer boss, noticed that a bloodlicker was there! Maria hates blood?! i never killed it, is it inside it?

jdp

glyph code?
Later chalice dungeons can spawn bloodlickers in rooms that have had an enemy who has been victim to a visceral attack earlier, not seeing the correlation with the rune or Maria.

Cpt_Shorty528

@jpd the normal depth 5 standard isz