Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

What does "Increasing stamina costs" , found on certain blood gems actually do to you? Do they slow up your stamina recovery time or just charge you more stamina with each hit?
How sure are you about that? there seems to be a consensus that the negative effects on cursed gems DO stack if they are all three stamina increases.
They charge you more stamina but usually its 3% like I have 3 cursed gems each with 3% increase to stamina costs, and its barely noticeable especially with the increase in damage. Good thing negative effects that are the same dont stack
Before ending the game I noticed that leveling up Endurance don't level up stamina anymore, it stops in 160 points and whatever I do stamina don't go up anymore. This happens to any of you? only with a rune my stamina goes to 174
That's where it caps. 40 is the soft cap for endurance, and stamina stops increasing there.
That's where it caps. 40 is the soft cap for endurance, and stamina stops increasing there.
Prove it, this is the first I've come across anyone saying that attire or what weapon you use affects stamina recovery rate.
years late on a reply but it's true, wearing a really heavy set (based off of phys def) and big weapons will slightly tank your stamina regen. (no penalty for naked, no weaps to roughly a 20/30% decrease with the bulkiest armour and 4 of the biggest weapons) most of the time you're going to be wearing medium-ish armour with only 2 weaps so most players usually suffer around a 10/20% decrease, mostly unnoticable. still not sure on vitality increasing regen, seems a little too far fetched too be real, but there's a chance it's either level based regen OR % regen which would mean higher endurance = better regen, but a lot of testing would need to be done, as if it does, it's a very, very little increase.
Since Physical Def also increases with level, regardless of what you level, could it be that this is the same case with stamina recovery?
It would make sense, though, if you have more Vitality that you would also get some sort of boost to Endurance, but then... Does Strength have any passive effects? Like increase recovery time as well? Or does skill have an effect? Like decrease stamina taken from actions?
If anyone could test stamina regeneration rate with 10 VIT, save the files and test the rate with 25 VIT, then load the saves and test the rate with 10 VIT and put 15 levels into strength or something else, and compare them...
I mean, could you tell through item descriptions and looks? Like, does Gehrman's clothes, aside from being naked, have the highest stamina recovery and then something like the Yhar'gul or Cainhurst Armor sets have some of the lowest, being that would be quite restrictive and heavy?
anything with high physical defense will show quite well, as naked vs yhar'gul and cainhurst armour will tank your stamina (not by much, but still noticable, i'd say about 10/15% difference)
did some testing and found some interesting numbers, from having no clothes to having full equipment with "heavy" weapons there is roughly a 30% decrease in stamina recovery, details are as follows:
none avg hunter set; no weapon avg hunter set;cannon avg hunter set;saw cleaver; lugwig rifle hunter set;kirk hammer; lugwig rifle;cannon
1.987 2.127 2.19 2.223 2.531
further details here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1klRPSCtW1vajQxsEfcwmaEG6lFeW7p-dsAPcr4KarLw/edit?usp=sharing
Please add certain things about stamina. Such as...
Running out of stamina on a ladder will cause you to fall, this can only be achieved through attacking on a ladder, as climbing doesn't take stamina.
Stamina increases at a crawl when on a ladder.
The un-modified Stamina cap at level 40 endurance. Can only be increased after with Caryll Runes: Anti-Clockwise Metamorphosis (10%/15%/20%)
Radiant Blood Gems primary function is to decrease stamina consumption.
The only way you can fall off a ladder is at castle cainhurst with that idiot shooting darts at you that drain your stamina instead of health.
Is stamina recovery a flat rate, or is it percentage based? For example, do you recover x points of stamina per second, or do you recover x% of your stamina per second?
it's always been a points system for stamina in souls games so I'd guess flat rate, though can't say that for sure with the Hunter rune's stats
Equipmeant