Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki
By Anonymous
I got like 3 of these from doll because of ng++ but they dont show up in my inventory I want to equip them to a weapon, two of these and one +5 regen waning
By Anonymous
I may be a late answer, but you have to break (use in Inventory) the Tearstone you got from the Doll to recieve the Tear Bloodgem.
By Anonymous
I would think so roght?
By Anonymous
Yes if you have less than 800 health and four gems. I used this in the Defiled phutmeru
By Anonymous
You know what, I'm not sure anymore. Maybe I was timing seconds wrong.
By Anonymous
Yes if you have less than 800 health and four gems. I used this in the Defiled phutmeru
By Anonymous
It doesn't heal enough per second. However, other gems can have up to 5 health per second regen. Wearing 4 of those might be able to offset the Chikage's drain.
By Anonymous
Chickage does Six DPS while this heals 2. You could equip healing gems in each of your primary slots for +1 on each of them giving you three more causing you to max out at five. It wouldn't completely negate the effect but it can do enough to greatly decrease its effect to the point of negligence.
By Anonymous
Chikage drains hp much faster than that, it might scale w max health, meaning more max life worse drain. For my hunter w 1250 health, a regen of 9 per second by gems cannot even come close to offsetting it. I think my drain is 20hp per second or something like that?the drain occurs multiple times in a second, its a weak but frequent drain.
By Anonymous
The sorry truth of the Tear blood gem is that even if it looks pretty, it's just a little boost for the early game. There are much better and faster healing gems to be found in the late game, especially in Chalice Dungeons. Stacking multiple of them is more a meme than anything, as it's easy to find healing gems in the Triangular and Waning shapes, so this is just good for the Radial slot. I even found a +4 Circular gem in Loran that instantly replaced the Tear gem on my pistol and had a pleasantly noticeable increase in healing, even if it was slight.
By Anonymous
I just went and peaked at the stat screen with the gem slotted in my cane. It appears to regenerate 2 health per 3 seconds, and stacks with additional health regeneration from other gems.
By Anonymous
wtf is the point with that slow regen, don't think it will save a single blood vial to be honest, I even thought it was broken bringing up my stat screen and seeing that nothing was changing so I had to come here and see if there was any reported bugs lol
By Anonymous
Well if you think about it, if you have 4 slots (3 from melee and 1 from gun) then have them all give +2 HP recover then every minute you would have healed 160 HP. That stacks really fast if you think about it.
By Anonymous
Each point in the + rating for HP recover gems seem to grant 1hp/sec. So if you have 3 gems with +2 that would be 6hp/sec.
By scubidubi
But why give us a tear stone to use instead of the rune right away? I feel like i am missing to give this to someone..
By Anonymous
very useful on larger areas
By Anonymous
By Anonymous
wtf is the point with that slow regen, don't think it will save a single blood vial to be honest, I even thought it was broken bringing up my stat screen and seeing that nothing was changing so I had to come here and see if there was any reported bugs lol
By Anonymous
By Anonymous
Its useful before a boss battle you heal yourself while eating a steak or something and wait until finished. Most likely the shadows or dlc bosses
By Anonymous
For transformed trick weapons like Holy blade, hunter axe...etc this is a good choice on a gun cuz 2handed weapons can't use guns.
By Anonymous
I received the tearstone from the doll which gave 3.2 regen.
By Anonymous
I received the tearstone from the doll which gave 3.2 regen.
By Anonymous
It's not for regenerating in combat, it's for regenerating while you're moving through an area. In Bloodborne, you're not supposed to be facetanking everything anyways, so just let the gem do it's work passively. Don't heal unless you're in combat or really need it. I found it particularly useful when traversing Forbidden Woods.
By Anonymous
Do they stack?
By Anonymous
Yes, they stack, and work with a waning that gives regen. You can easily get up to 12hp per second regen, which completely nullifies the downsides to the Chikage and can even greatly offset the one-time HP loss from transforming Bloodletter, so long as you're willing to wait around 2min before getting into a fight. This makes it very very good for exploring areas which have enemies that have low odds on dropping blood vials (or never drop them), so you never have to waste any. I tend to use them in chalice dungeons due to occasionally getting lost in the darker ones and having to backtrack a lot in them from wherever the level that opens the door to the next floor down is, to getting back to said door.

For actual fights, especially boss ones, then it's not exactly useful in the slightly due to you just gimped yourself of potentially a huge dmg boost from other gems. In this case though, it's as simple as switching your gear to your instant backup set and you're go to go. One easy method if you like using just one weapon set is to just buy a 2nd copy of it, and use the copy with the Blood Tears + Waning combo, while your original version you stack dmg buff gems on, and switch as needed.

Expecting high regen speeds in Bloodborne, that isn't from Vicar Amelia's BS, is.....never going to happen.
By Anonymous
Fast regeneration without the use of the special blood items would kinda break Bloodborne's evasion-based playstyle, since the goal is to not tank hits and dodge them instead. So yes, a +6 weapon full of regeneration gems is the "optimal" way to use this if you want some "free" healing. Alternatively, just clip it to your firearm while you use a two-handed weapon. As long as your firearm is "out", you'll get the healing, although it's not very high and it better for just a little savings when not in combat.