Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I got cursed by the huge swarm of basilisks with a Ring of Sacrifice on, I'm pretty positive, and it just dropped my souls and kept the ring intact. Am I inventing the memory of having the ring on, or is this actually A Thing?
I can confirm this
Probably a thing. In the first game, the item description on a purging stone which cures your curse mentions that "humans are helpless against curses", and to prevent a curse status you need a rare ring of sacrifice.
In Souls games, getting Cursed is typically considered "super-dead" and so it typically bypasses mitigating effects; in DS1 and DS2, when dying lowered max health, a death by Curse counted as 2 deaths. In DS2, the Ring of Life Protection (which was similar to this) would not work against Curse deaths. The idea behind Curse is that it doesn't really kill you, but turns you instantly to stone, which prevents you from reanimating as an Undead normally would.

Ergo, it makes sense that the Ring of Sacrifice would not register with Curse deaths.
You are asking a question that was answered above.
It said the ring doesn't work there for those.

Magearch

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
I've edited the page to display this, I was going to link a source but it gets automatically removed :/ anyway here is the source: https://youtu.be/jf94kDL74z0?t=1h31m45s
That's because the difference only begins to kick in from 30 to 40 luck.
If anyone wonder why they got cursed while invading in Gank City (Anor Londo/Pontiff's), it's because people use cheat engine.
There are alot of cheaters active right now, one of the most active cheaters is "Tyrone Biggums" which use insta-curse and usually turns on godmode when he gets low HP.
YES! THATS WHAT I JUST LIVED! Man if there is no punishkent for hackers why we are still trying to make honorable pvp...
yeah ! met that scumbag 2 days ago ! for ***** sake ! 1 hit shuriken and i turned to crystal stone!
i disagree with the "luck does not increase curse resistance". i respeced and noticed that i could get more curse resistance by investing it all in luck.
The Angels and the Lothric Thief with the staff (one drops behind you just after the Ringed Inner Wall bonfire) both can induce Curse.
Anyone notice that when u die from being cursed that ur player seems to be holding an item??
I got cursed in the catacomb or carthus.
Must be a hacker
Gypsy: I curse you!
Me: aaaahh *turns into crystals"
Gypsy: lololololololololololololololol
what's with the dislike for no reason? souls community really is cancer after all

Zergling.exe

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Luck does increase Curse Resistance independent of the general Resistance growth. Between 31 and 40 Luck, you gain an additional 3 points of Curse Resistance per point. 42, 43, 46, 47, 49, 52, 53, 56, and 57 Luck each give one point of Curse Resistance. From 60 to 96 Luck, you get 1 additional point of Curse Resistance per 4 points of Luck (at 60, 64, 68, 72, e.t.c.) and an additional 1 Curse Resistance at 99 Luck, for a total bonus of 50 Curse Resistance from maxing Luck. This is not counting the additional 1 point every 5 points of Luck gives to all Resistances or the 1 point you get for each Soul Level 61+.

Also posted to the Luck page.